• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cartoon Network is DEAD!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Adult swim is terrible lately as well. Lots of stupid shows.

I don't know anyone who actually likes tim and eric awesome show great job... seems like a show people would enjoy high....

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
Hmmm...I forget the last time I watched CT. Not much to watch anymore. :(

I guess there IS Boomerang, though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Adult swim is terrible lately as well. Lots of stupid shows.

I don't know anyone who actually likes tim and eric awesome show great job... seems like a show people would enjoy high....
Are you kidding me? Tim & Eric is the best thing on Adult Swim. Doo th' doo doo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...Eh, right.

I also don't like Tim and Eric.

There hasn't been that many shows on Adult Swim that I especially enjoyed in quite some time.

Family guy even is starting to get boring if I see it too often. I have to have breaks in between the episodes.

To be truthful, I'm becoming more interesting in live action television series now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
...Eh, right.

I also don't like Tim and Eric.

There hasn't been that many shows on Adult Swim that I especially enjoyed in quite some time.

Family guy even is starting to get boring if I see it too often. I have to have breaks in between the episodes.

To be truthful, I'm becoming more interesting in live action television series now.
I mainly watch USA now. NCIS and Burn Notice are incredible.

But Tim & Eric is the rightful successor to Mr. Show, the greatest comedy show of all time.

D

Deleted member

I haven't watched that channel since Toonami got canned and Edd Ed n Eddy ended. I don't really watch TV anymore except for the following: court cases, game shows, sports, stuff blowing up, cars crashing, and movies.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cartoon Network in the 90's was too good. I can't even name one good show the network shows now. I think Cartoon Network should dedicate a week or two for a retro thing, where they would only show their older cartoons that they no longer show.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
**** shame. i though flapjack, chowder, batman, tdi/tda, and 6teen were gonna bring cn out of its hole. guess i was wrong
Chowder, Flapjack, and TDI/TDA is keeping Cartoon Network alive, the other shows you mention I didn't really look into. I would also say Pokémon is keeping it alive as well, but those shows alone won't help they're rep if they don't show cartoons or anime anyone would like. I was hoping that PowerPuff Girls Z would come to the US Cartoon Network, but the awful Dubs from another country made me think other wise.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I was hoping that PowerPuff Girls Z would come to the US Cartoon Network, but the awful Dubs from another country made me think other wise.
The Japanese Powerpuff Girls is already a wreck. Seriously, PPGZ is very mediocre compare to the old Powerpuff Girls, I mean look at the fighting, PPGZ has very short fight's, it's not funny, I like the beginning trailer of that anime show better than the actual show because the fight scenes were better. Take note of this, even Japan has the power to screw up a good rep show that was very popular in the US, The Ocean Group dubs were worst, so that's like stabbing a wounded person, Cartoon Network is just that bad now, but if the Japanese Cartoon Network make a better PPG, then I'll forgive them.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Kinnikuman the legacy or Ultimate Muscle was the last good show I enjoyed on TV when I think about it.

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Wait, how can you people say [as] sucks? Are you forgetting that they recently acquired the rights to King of the Hill? New season of Aqua Teen?!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Cartoon Network has also gone down hill in the UK as well sadly.

Basically, these are the programmes on Cartoon Network now, although I'll probably miss a few.

Storm Hawks
World of Quest
Ben 10/ Alien Force
Chop Socky Chooks
Star Wars Clone Wars CGI
Johnny Test
Robot Boy
Cramp Twins
Fosters Home

Later on at night they'll show stuff like Skatoony, Inspector Gadget/ Boy, and best of all=

Cartoon Cartoons!

Whilst this is awesome, staying up until 12 or 1 at night to watch them is not, especially when they repeat certain episodes frequently, and they only show one episode of each at a time (so 15 minutes for each show).
The CC line-up is this usually=

Billy and Mandy
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Johnny Bravo
KND
Ed, Edd, N' Eddy
Johnny Bravo
Camp Lazlo
Cow and Chicken
I Am Weasel

So yeah, Cartoon Network's gone down the crapper.
And Boomerang is basically Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, Inspector Gadget, then a load of live action crappy shows.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
moar liek crap tiwns M I RITE?

pokemon is the only anime alive for kids right now (bakugan doesnt count). then again its really meh and only meant for a product placement show. whatev. anime is really dieing out in the us.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
moar liek crap tiwns M I RITE?

pokemon is the only anime alive for kids right now (bakugan doesnt count). then again its really meh and only meant for a product placement show. whatev. anime is really dieing out in the us.
U R RITE!

Pokemon is only on Fox Kids, (I WILL NOT call it Jetix)Cartoon Network Too (what used to be Toonami) and CITV at like 6 in the morning, so I have only seen one of the new episodes, but got turned on off by the awful voice acting.

Anime never existed in the UK :laugh:.

We had Pokemon, Digimon, DBZ, Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Ohand that was it XD.
However, when CNX was on (only a few weeks or months) they aired stuff like Ghost in the Shell and Gundam Wing.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
They just evolved to appeal to the target audience (my suspicion is on Time Warner). They do still have Boomerang untouched, airing 24 hour classic cartoons. Then they went ahead and tore everything into thier little blocks (Adult Swim/Fried Dynamite{shudder}/Movie.. day..thing whatever its called) In my opinion, Cartoon Network isn't dead as much as it is dissected and thrown all over the place. It's bound to have somthing for everyone, you just have to know when to tune in for your share. Besides, t.v. is big enough for you to find somthing else till your number is called.

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
I love the fact that we have two threads that involve things that were once good and now we are discussing that they are both dead/dying ^_^ lol.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Ah... so, it's dead. Unfortunate it is not Disney Channel. That scourge deserves punishment beyond godly authority.

But I digress- an ode to CN:

To all that pass this place,
shed a tear for what once was-
a channel to remind us
a channel to regale us
a channel that gave us
our childhood memories.

Alas... what once was is no more.

At least we still have Boomerang.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I know its what its becoming. Dexter was the ****. Even PPG were amazing.

smashbot226

Smash Master
He's thirty pounds overweight and wears glasses.

HE WORE A PINK SKIRT. ON HALLOWEEN.

WE PASSED THREE GOD**** ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS ON OUR ROUTE.

THERE WAS A PUBLIC ASSEMBLY OUTSIDE. EVEN THE KINDERGARTENERS WERE THERE.

And that's when we laughed our arses all the way home.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
great, now what am i suppose to let my children grow up on, disney and "cartoon" network live action and crappy cartoons?

lol smashbot, hey kids, want free candy?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Flapjack is the only good show currently in DN
i miss ed edd and eddy, dexter, ppg, johnny bravo. courage and all those good old shows.

Oddly enough though.. when i visit my cousin (he lives in tijuana mexico) he has cable so i switch on cartoon network but oddly they show a bunch of OLD shows. no lie true story. it's cool but it's in spanish so it doesn't really bring that much nostalgia haha.

As for disney channel i haven't seen ANYTHING disney related. no shows about donald duck, mickey mouse or goofy etc. they used to show House of Mouse which showed a bunch of classic disney cartoons but house of mouse is gone. Mickey mouse just simply became the "icon" of disney

As for nickelodeon NO MORE invader zim, hey arnold, rugrats, etc there's still the Nicktoons channel though

Top Bottom