• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cartoon Cartoons: OVAH

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm, I get the feeling you are a professional.

How do you usually go about D1 in a semi-open set like this?
Look for clues.

vote count
SSBF (3) - RocketPSIence, Vanderzant, Clownbot
Nday (1) - Vrael
Vrael (1) - Super Smash Brothers Fan
rPSI (1) - Nday

to

vote count
SSBF (3) - RocketPSIence, Clownbot, Greenstreet
Nday (1) - Vrael
Vrael (1) - Super Smash Brothers Fan
rPSI (1) - Nday
Dark_Ermac (1) - Vanderzant

Shows something kind of important. SSBF has done nothing scummy, btw.

On D1 you almost always lynch inactives and push for people to post; this way mafia can't hide in the shadows and coast to victory. Get everyone to start posting, then people start to mess up.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Shows something kind of important. SSBF has done nothing scummy, btw.

I'm going to take some time here to agree with this. His criticism of Ermac doesn't seem scummy to me. I may not agree with him, but I can see SSBF having the view of RVS that he was criticizing Ermac for violating. He was just calling someone out for violating the way (that he thinks) the game works.

On D1 you almost always lynch inactives and push for people to post; this way mafia can't hide in the shadows and coast to victory. Get everyone to start posting, then people start to mess up.

I know that this particular example would be incredibly obvious to scum, but could we refrain from talking about scumtells from here on out? This kind of talk only serves to tell the mafia what not to do.
Replies in olive.

DZLE

Smash Master
Maybe we can have an interesting enough game if Mafia knows what to do... Bahahaha

Anyway, that's basically how I go over D1, Overswarm, probably not as thoroughly but yeah, you said it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Replies in olive.
I'm a big fan of WIFOM. I don't think mentioning scum tells will really do much... if mafia changes their playstyle every time we mention something, good.

That's a scum tell.

XD

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Well, at this point in the game, people haven't posted enough for anyone to notice a change in style. Mentioning scumtells now just gives mafia a headsup before style becomes really important. But whatever. This is a silly argument, and I'm not finding scum by continuing it.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Overswarm, I get the feeling you are a professional.

How do you usually go about D1 in a semi-open set like this?
Maybe we can have an interesting enough game if Mafia knows what to do... Bahahaha

Anyway, that's basically how I go over D1, Overswarm, probably not as thoroughly but yeah, you said it.
Please don't ride on another player's coattails. I frown upon parroting; it makes it easy for scum to get through the day.

DZLE, is there anyone you consider scummy at this point? If so, why?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol @ Guide saying not to give scumtells and then telling DZLE not to buddy me ;)

I was hoping to see if that would continue, haha. It'd be nice if he was mafia and kept me alive until late game by buddying me, I always die before D4 -_-;;

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Please don't ride on another player's coattails. I frown upon parroting; it makes it easy for scum to get through the day.

I'd like for you to not point stuff like this right as it happens, because if you say that to someone that's mafia, guess what they'll be sure not to do later in the game. By all means, keep stuff like that in mind though. Lots of reasoning that you can stack against a mafia member is better then small instances that they can say were mistakes etc.

Kinda busy right at the moment, I'll post a bit later.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The Mafia have one of the following setups:
- 3 Mafia Goons
- 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Mafia Tracker
- 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Mafia Roleblocker

There are 4 potential power roles for the Townsfolk:
A pro-Town Cult Leader
A Vigilante
A Tracker
A Jailer

So the possible Town setups are as follows:
- Cult Leader missing from the power roles, and 5 Vanilla Townies
- Vigilante missing from the power roles, and 5 Vanilla Townies
- Tracker missing from the power roles, and 5 Vanilla Townies
- Jailer missing from the power roles, and 5 Vanilla Townies
- All four power roles, and 4 Vanilla Townies

What exactly does a jailer do?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly Jailer keeps people from performing night actions and protects them from all night actions directed at them.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Do Cult Leaders have their own victory condition, or does "pro-Town Cult Leader" mean he wins with town?

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Overswarm, was that investigation, or do you honestly not know?

I've played this game very little, but still had the common sense to google the roles first. How long have you been playing Mafia?

D

Deleted member

So you made an entirely blind assumption that wanting to start a different conversation outside of RVS is bad?
I never really said that discussions outside of RVS were bad, as a matter of fact, I prefer to get out of RVS as soon as possible. I will admt that I failed to originally clarify myself thought.

D

Deleted member

You still have a random vote... =P
That is true. The reason why my vote in still on Vrael is because I haven't really found any suspects yet. I will change my vote when I think I have a solid case on someone.

DZLE

Smash Master

I was sincerely curious.

At this point, no, I don't see any as scummy enough for it to be significant. I'll pay close attention as I should, of course.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Why should he have to explain? Its not like he's part of the game anymore. Besides, we don't need to know his personal buisness.

Rpsi doesn't have to tell us anything.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter. Play the game.

My vote stays where it is, on SSBF; he's certainly not helping town, getting in the way of discussion most of the time. Plus there's an off-chance he's scum.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I can't really tell by just looking, so I'll ask.

How many games of mafia has everyone played here?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Let's see, Newbies 4, 5 and 6, Smash Bros., Muppets, this one, two other ongoing games...

That's... eight? I replaced out fairly early on in two of them though.

D

Deleted member

I play Mafia games in both here and Mafiascum.

Here: Smash Bros. Mafia (First game), Newbie Mafia 5 (Best game), The Muppet Mafia, Newbie Mafia 6 (Replaced Sworddancer), Tree Stump Mafia, Dragonball Z Mafia (Ongoing), and this. If my calculation is correct, that's eight games.

In Mafiascum, I've replaced into Mini 955 (Little Italy section) (Lynched Day 1, revealed as Town Cop). I'm currently in Newbie Mafia 934 (Road To Rome Section), Mini 958 (Little Italy section), Mini 974: Thrillville Mafia (Coney Island Section), and Mafia 114 (New York section). That's five games.

Basically, I have participated in thirteen games combined, five completed here and one completed in Mini 955 (The game is still ongoing, but I consider it complete since I'm dead in that game). Basically, I have completed six games so far.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

This is my 2nd Game.

Also, I'm not a great fan of Day 1, or random questioning in general. It tends to derail the discussion, and distract from actual scum hunting more than anything.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I've played three games so far; two here, and one at mafiascum. Granted, I dropped out of both games here (one due to irl reasons, the other because of a stupid mistake), so you can take that however you want.

I've also played two games of rl mafia.

Btw, I just thought of something; if we lynch mafia today, they could be gone by day two. Since theres only three of them, the vigilante and sk could mop them up if we lynch right. Improbable, i know, but neat to have as a possibility.

D

Deleted member

The Guide said:
Granted, I dropped out of both games here (one due to irl reasons, the other because of a stupid mistake), so you can take that however you want.
Technically, you didn't drop out of Newbie Mafia 6, you just weren't able to post and got lynched Day 2.

D

Deleted member

Unvote, Vote: Dark Ermac

After re-reading the thread, I just realized that he has posted almost no substance in the game while everyone else has particapated in the game in at least some form. First post of Day 1 was voting for himself, the second was changing his vote to me, and the third was saying that RVS has ended. That's it.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
SSBF, what have you done?

Not very many people have done anything at this point, I find it suspicious that you're pulling for him only. You could choose from any number of people and say the same thing about them.

Top Bottom