• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cartoon Cartoons: OVAH

DZLE

Smash Master
Usually i'll make short sweet and to the point posts. Based on any evidence I find.

When the time comes though I can be known to make a decent sized post with info on a lot of things.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Well, yes, but there are players who prefer to wait and build a case on someone, rather than jumping on a person they have a gut feeling about.

DZLE

Smash Master
I can be known to jump on someone based on a gut feeling, although i'll let it be known it's a gut feeling and not take too much of it into account.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I can be known to jump on someone based on a gut feeling, although i'll let it be known it's a gut feeling and not take too much of it into account.
That's called being passive. Now grow some balls DZLE. and attach a Yo-yo to them :mad:

D

Deleted member

@The Guide: After what happen in Smash Bros. Mafia and to an lesser extend, The Muppet Mafia, where I made poor decisions based on trivial things, I'm planning on analysing things more here and play better then I did in other games here. When I make really big posts, I like putting them in OpenOffice, so they won't become too large in size when I post them, plus, Smash World Forums has a bad habit of deleting posts by itself if I leave the post I'm making on for too long without using it. However, I am trying to condense the size of my posts since a few people got on me for making fluffs and they are right.

@Overswarm: Read what Junglefever had to say on the matter. Best that we drop it now and not get into a big argument that makes both players look bad.

@Vrael: You know I wasn't being serious about that. It was just a reference to your username, not to insult you or anything.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
If I told you I voted on a whim, it would be difficult to convince others to bandwagon with me.

Therefore: I only vote when I am 100% sure. I promise.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Usually i'll make short sweet and to the point posts. Based on any evidence I find.

When the time comes though I can be known to make a decent sized post with info on a lot of things.
That's pretty much how I post. At least, most of the time.

If I told you I voted on a whim, it would be difficult to convince others to bandwagon with me.

Therefore: I only vote when I am 100% sure. I promise.
Hahaha Unvote Vote Greenstreet

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Guide, aren't most votes and lynches based on hunches? :p Educated, yes, but hunches nonetheless.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nday, Dzle, Exn, Greenstreet: How much Mafia you guys play before? I haven't seen you around Decisive Games (although I suspect some of you are familiar with it through the Disco Room).
I've played I think 3 games in the Disco Room.

Vote: Nday

:mad:
GUYS IM NOT MAFIA OK

How do y'all make your decisions in this game? Are you the sort of player who posts on a whim, going on hunches? Or are you the type who'll keep a big, fat, juicy notepad full of notes on all of the players?
Going on purely wim has really seemed bad in the past for me (although it has never got me lynched). You have to go back and look for stuff that supports your hunch, and that can be really hard if the player you chose is being a really good townie. So yeah. I don't like just hunch stuff.

vote: rPSI

Implying DR is inexperienced

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Guide, aren't most votes and lynches based on hunches? :p Educated, yes, but hunches nonetheless.
I won't deny that most votes are based on hunches. Yet, you can't deny that there's a big difference between voting with your gut, as opposed to voting based on, say, clearly visiblecontradictions a player has made.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I won't deny that most votes are based on hunches. Yet, you can't deny that there's a big difference between voting with your gut, as opposed to voting based on, say, clearly visiblecontradictions a player has made.
You'll never get anywhere if that's how you play.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
@Vrael: You know I wasn't being serious about that. It was just a reference to your username, not to insult you or anything.
Lololol I know, I was kidding.

Well, I happen to dislike the RVS stage, despite how lulzy it can get. I feel that more information can be unearthed by asking simple questions at the beginning of the game, so here I go:

How do y'all make your decisions in this game? Are you the sort of player who posts on a whim, going on hunches? Or are you the type who'll keep a big, fat, juicy notepad full of notes on all of the players?

Of those two, I'm the latter. But feel free to expand upon your answer in terms other than what I gave in my examples.
I don't vote unless I'm sure I'm making the correct decision. I don't throw around votes (outside of RVS), I tend to wait until I have conclusive on my suspects, and then I'll vote.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Power players are players that will be able to take their role and play it appropriately. They are generally experienced.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
@ rpsi: I'm not completely rigid in how I play. I'm not so extreme that I'll wait 'till the end of the week to post my case. Yet, i like to see the day get past, say, rvs before i vote seriously.

D

Deleted member

Unvote, Vote SSBF

Why are you saying this? Do you want RVS to continue so we can just continue aimlessly throwing around votes?
Dark ermac called an end to RVS. I don't like it when RVS takes forever to get through, but he bascially said "RVS is over people!", and so, I decided to call him out on it.

Also, this misinterperate what I was saying. I was not trying to put to end RVS at all, especially not this early. We do not need someone calling an end to RVS, because there is no definded boundary between RVS and serious discussions.

@Vrael: Same answer to you.

D

Deleted member

My question was what is wrong with ending the RVS early? It leaves more time for ACTUAL DISCUSSION.
*Faceplam for mistaking you and Clownbot*
To answer your question, nothing is really wrong with that at all. I just found it odd that Dark Ermac would want to call for an end to RVS, when there's really no solid boundaries between RVS and actual discussions.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So you made an entirely blind assumption that wanting to start a different conversation outside of RVS is bad?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
He wasn't calling for an end to it. He just stated that (iho) it had ended, and it was time to stop being silly.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't talking to you; I was talking to SSBF. I was saying that SSBF was twisting Ermac's post to be something that it wasn't.

Sorry for not being clear.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I get the weird feeling that this is an insult. 9_9

What do you mean?
It's been hours into day 1 and we have an inactive from one game saying "RVS is over" being attacked by SSBF. This will last for days D:

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
vote count
SSBF (3) - RocketPSIence, Vanderzant, Clownbot
Nday (1) - Vrael
Vrael (1) - Super Smash Brothers Fan
rPSI (1) - Nday

not voting (6): dzle-falz, dark_ermac, overswarm, Exn, greenstreet, the_guide

Please be sure to take note and inform me of any mistakes made.

dead is last second of May 30th EST!
with 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Or are you the type who'll keep a big, fat, juicy notepad full of notes on all of the players?
Notepad is my friend :). I use my vote a lot, because I think it's one of your best assets as town for scum hunting.

vote: Dark Ermac

GO GO GO!
Why the self vote? Even in RVS, a self vote is useless to town. By doing so you're just refusing to partake in a natural part of the game.

unvote

~~The RVS has finished.~~

Now, let's get started...
What's the point of a post like this? You say RVS is over but don't contribute anything else? Bleh.

Unvote

Vote: Dark_Ermac

DZLE

Smash Master
Overswarm, I get the feeling you are a professional.

How do you usually go about D1 in a semi-open set like this?

Top Bottom