• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cardfight!! Vanguard

Bing

Smash Master
Sorry, when I said Iseult(Sp) I ment Im pretty sure I spelt this wrong lmfao.

Also ****.. I just ordered a Barcgal... oh well, whos a good Royal Paladin SVG? Cause I've gotta use Stardust Trumpeter until I get a replacement.

So I just looked at the Banned/Restricted list Barcgal is the only card on it.. and its only banned as an SVG.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Shouldn't be using Barcgal any other way.

Only viable SVG for RP is Drangal, which pretty much forces you to play the Galahad lineup. The G3 Galahad is pretty bad, so it's recommended that you play only G1 and G2. Reason why is because the G3 creates SO much reliance on the ride chain that if you miss you're gonna lose. Period. Also if you miss a ride, there's NO WAY for you to put those cards into your soul. So it's gonna be "c00l 9k vanguard bro lolololol". RPs also have some of the best G3s in the game (Alfred, Palamedes, SSD). It isn't worth cutting any of these cards for a better(?) version of Gancelot.

Play the Galahad lineup because it isn't a guaranteed -1 like Stardust Trumpeter. You can potentially get a +1 every turn from the ride chain

Bing

Smash Master
I wanna use Wingall Brave when it comes out.. I dont like the Galahad set...
So this is issue has never come up until now. If I have a successful attack with Player of the Holy Bow, Vivianne OR Player of the Holy Axe, Nimue and the card I turn is higher then the Grade of my Vanguard, does it just go to the bottom of my deck, or can I still Superior Call it.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Everybody and their mother is gonna use Wingal Brave when it comes out

If you're trying to keep it competitive, Galahad is the way to go AT THIS MOMENT. If not, enjoy your "l0lz stardoost trampeterz".

You can still call it. There's no condition that needs to be met to superior call, only regular call.

Bing

Smash Master
So if on like my second turn I attack and turn a grade 3 I can superior call it? Awesome :p

Also, Im not using the RP deck Competitively, I have multiple decks that are like... Semi-Competitive to Competitive that I lend to my friends so I can atleast play, like the tournament I missed last week was cancelled because only 2 people showed up. ****ing 2.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
2?! IMPOSSIBRU
Vanguard is best card game. There is no excuse as to why there weren't a million people at your locals.

Also I was going for more of a control build. So I replaced the 2x dragonic overlord with 2x dual axe archdragon. Yes or no?

:phone:

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
dragonic overlord is control.

I am a very happy girl today. Here's part of the reason why~

from my friend's set 7 boxes. paid him 25 usd, which is 5 over what the lot is worth, but I wanted to make sure i got them.

Bunny deck

My flame of victory playset is in a different sleeve, and I'm lazy. 8 silent punisher for proxy.

one SVG, one I actually run mainboard.

grade 1 line up

grade 2 line up. rare beaumains in duke.

pellinore proxies because I only own one and it's not with me.

the full deck.

bonus content: my current dominant build of Duke. Some of you might have noticed that a build, quite literally card for card, won a qualifier. It's because it's a solid build.

Bing

Smash Master
Duke it is.

Also. Cleaned house at locals

Won 4 packs of my choice. Based on what he had I grabbed all breaker of limits. Didn't get too much. A few good Angel Feathers, Little Battler, Trim and Gigantech Crusher.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Duke it is.

Also. Cleaned house at locals

Won 4 packs of my choice. Based on what he had I grabbed all breaker of limits. Didn't get too much. A few good Angel Feathers, Little Battler, Trim and Gigantech Crusher.

Grats dude

I wish I could attend more locals, but my local hobby shop moved the tournaments to thursday nights which doesn't work for me at all :/

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so at locals:

We did a best 2/3 pool basically.
Set 1 Vs Kagero(My first time ever playing a kagero deck.)

He was using a trial deck. Not much to say. Still running my old deck. Won both games by sraight up over-powering him. Ezel ftw I guess. Won 2-0, took 7 Damage total.

Set 2 vs Royal Paladin. Trial deck again. Had a changes, nothings too big. He a King of Knights, Alfred and he had a Barcgal in his deck. He also scared me when he was attack with Alfred boosted pretty high, then drew two critical triggers. Hooray for double Heal triggers.

Last guy used Royal Paladin aswell. He was using a trial deck with a few minor changes(again) Nothing spectacular here, he wasted his grade 1's early on trying not to take damage. Then would try to hit with his 8-10k Rears.

Im glad I atleast got to play against some people, one of the people wanted to build a Gran Blue deck so i traded him my cards for a bit of cash and some Angel Feather units, nothing too serious.

Also for some reason, they all got really distracted when I had Nimue or Viviane out. Like I used Nimue's effect to pull a Sagramore in my first match, but still lol.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Ok, so my friend who was going to lend me a third barri said that someone said they might want to use the deck :/
So just in case I dont get my third perfect guard, I need to think of a good replacement
I'm thinking aermo, but I'm open to suggestions

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Depends what you're playing. Aermo's pretty good in Goku oriented decks cuz nothing will help you hit good numbers anyways (l0l), whereas Aermo in a Lawkeeper deck would be terrible cause it prevents you from hitting magical numbers.

Decent stuff would be like Genjo, Iron Tail Dragon, or like you said Aermo

Depends highly on what you want to play

Bing

Smash Master
Personally I think you should drop Nimue for basically any other g1. :x
Im going to. I just ordered some cards, ordering more on Wednesday(A Bunny set :p) and when that arrives Im dropping my 3 Nimue's and for 3 Spring Breeze messengers. I still dont really know how to adjust my G2's. Im thinking...

4x Lop Ear Shooter
3x Beaumains
2x Flash Edge Valkyrie
3x Viviane or something like this :S Im really stumped. Having 4 Grade 0's in my deck is throwing me off on how to structure it. Once I physically have the cards it'll be easier.

Something like this. Im not too sure.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
3 Viviane 3 lop ear 4 beaumains

I run 3 aermo 2 barri

atm I am running:

1 beat deity svg
8 crit
4 draw
4 heal

4 tough boy
3 death army guy
4 shout
3 twin blader

4 death army lady
3 genocide jack
3 kirara

4 kaiser
4 beast deity azure dragon
1 moai the great

stand trigger sucks ****.

Bing

Smash Master
I've already said this, but Im waiting for set 5 to come out in English before I truly go full force into the Grapplers, with that being said, Im still collecting stuff, triggers, minor cards, etc.

I cant wait for the Blaukruger set... UGH

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Depends what you're playing. Aermo's pretty good in Goku oriented decks cuz nothing will help you hit good numbers anyways (l0l), whereas Aermo in a Lawkeeper deck would be terrible cause it prevents you from hitting magical numbers.

Decent stuff would be like Genjo, Iron Tail Dragon, or like you said Aermo

Depends highly on what you want to play
Already got 4 genjo's and 4 iron tails, so aermo it shall be.

EDIT: Did you mean gojo? Because genjo is the heal trigger, so it's kinda necessary to have 4 of her.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
So my friend changed his mind about lending his kagero deck to that other guy, and he's lending me 2 barris instead of 1, so yeah, happy :)

The deck currently looks like this:

Grade 0: 17
Conroe
2x lizard runner nafd (stand)
2x dragon dancer Monica (draw)
4x Gattling claw dragon (draw)
4x rakshasa (crit)
4x genjo (heal)

Grade 1: 14
4x iron tail
4x barri
3x bahr
3x kimnara

Grade 2: 12
2x Flame edge dragon
2x berserk dragon
4x blazing core
4x nehalem

Grade 3: 7
3x blazing flare
2x dual axe archdragon
2x dragonic overlord

I tried this build against some friends today (who are also going to regionals), and I went 7-1 today against 3 gold paladin decks, 1 narukami deck, 1 kagero deck, 2 oracle think tank decks, and 1 tachikaze deck.
I only lost one game to one of the gold paladin players. I didn't have any problems with consistency or grade locks, except in one game where me and my opponent were both grade locked at 0 and I was the first to get a grade 1 (which was on my next turn, he scooped and checked his top cards until he found a grade 1. 5 turns away.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
So tell me what I can do to fix it :/

Like, please tell me what would be better to add/remove. I'm all ears. Or eyes, since this is the Internet.

EDIT: I'm so bad at math... Sorry for my stupidity :/

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Should I drop the 2 stands for 2 crits?

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Sounds good, but then I'd be at 51, so I would have to drop something for the other bahr.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
You sure? I think it would make the superior ride more difficult.

Top Bottom