• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cardfight!! Vanguard

Bing

Smash Master
So I just realized something. I was looking at the release date for Booster Set 5... ITS NOT RELEASED UNTIL DECEMBER 15th. They skipped over the set I wanted D: DAMNIT.

Ruby Ill watch that first video later, and give another idea too.

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah i hate it, I can't make either decks that I want. So I do one of three things. Make a nova grappler deck and base it off azure dragon. Continue my Gp deck or take a different direction altogether.

:phone:

Okay so fun fact. A new card shop just opened around the corner from my work and they host weekly Vanguard tournaments every Sunday. Entrance is buying a pack of Vanguard cards from the shop, winner gets a gift card(which I'd use for more packs) The only have Booster sets 1,3 and 6. And the Trial decks for Royal Paladins and Narukami. Apparently everyone who goes to these just uses Trial decks. Which is okay by me, atleast I get to play. One guy apparently spent a lot of money online and has a legit deck, so Im eager to play him.

Depending on the skill level,I might use my recently rigged together Gran Blue deck. Its not very good, like,its has 16 triggers... 3 heals, 8 crits 1 draw 4 stand LMFAO And like, its okay for the Superior Ride stuff, but,nothing special or that I'd use at a full legit tournament... yet, Im going to work on it in my spare time. Also when it comes to buying Breaker of Limits packs,I have the worst luck for getting Gold Paladins. in my last 8 packs purchased, i've got 6 GP's. Tons of Gran Blue, Angel Feather and Narukami.

Heres my updated deck

Grade 0 - 17
1 Grassland Breeze, Sagramore
4 Victory Of Flame Critical
4 Weapons Dealer, Gwydion Draw
4 Fortune Bell Stand
4 Elixir Sommelier Heal

Grade 1 - 15
4 Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4 Halo Shield Mark
2 Precipice Whirlwind, Sagramore
2 Charjgal
2 Blessing Owl
1 Silver Fang Witch

Grade 2 - 11
3 Knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
1 Providence Strategist
1 Sleygal Sword
4 Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean Lion
2 Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane

Grade 3's - 7
3 Battlefield Storm, Sagramore
2 Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
1 Holy Mage, Manawyndan
2 Sleygal; Double Edge
1 Great Silver Wolf, Garmore

Also, I was going through my cards last night at work, and my Royal Paladin deck kept grabbing my attention. Just something about Stardust Trumpeter sitting there reminded me of when I first bought the two trial decks and would always use RP.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
That's kind of bad, even for starter deck stuff. Here are my suggestions:

-4 fortune bell +4 silent punisher for 8 critical.

-2 blessed owl, -1 charjgal +1 little battler tron +2 haugan

-1 sleygal sword +1 beaumains

did you buy more than 1 starter? if so, please max out on garmores.

Trade for more copies of garmore/gigantech destroyer/sleygal dagger

Bing

Smash Master
No but I might buy another, I want more Garmore. I'm going to try and trade for more stuff Sunday. And okay I can do the beaumains thing

Okay so I did - Sleygal + Beaumains.
I like having stand triggers...so I now run 8 crits 4 stand 4 heal
- 2 Blessed Owls(I dont even know why I had them in there...) + 2 Haugan.
I want to add a little battler tron, but I dont have one right now.
I also want Little Fighter Cron... I mean its better then Sagramore as an SVG.

Bing

Smash Master
I like stands home skillet, that's why I want to run a Nova Grappler deck.

Btw I just thought of this. Can you soul blast more then once per turn?

Ex I have Garmore as the vanguard and I boost with Charjgal but soul blast for the extra 5k. Could I do that more then once so I boost for like 10-15k

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
autoskill says no.

if its somehow stranded again with garmore, yes.

stand is bad in gp take it out for draw trigger. if you like stand sell ur gp for nova end of story.

Bing

Smash Master
I'm slowly building a nova deck right now. I'm mostly waiting for more Raisers and the Blaukrugers

Okay yeah I'm switching out two stands for criticals

I might change the direction of my Gold Paladin deck. I find everyone uses the Kryph to Ezel rides. I might try the Dark side of things. The Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer to Scout of Darkness, Vortimer to Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer to Spectral Duke Dragon. Problem is I dont know if I like Duke Dragon's limit break. The reason Im thinking this is because I'd like to be a bit different, and everyone is the same. I dont know if I should get 1 or 2 Spectral Duke's... they're about 30 dollars each. And I already have the two Ezel's..which would become a side card for the most part if Im basing this around it.

Also I didnt go to the tournament yesterday. I was too hungover to function until about 7pm. lmfao.

Okay so I just spent 150$ on cards. I ordered...

2 Spectral Duke Dragons 29.99 ea
4 Scout of Darkness .50 ea
1 Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer 1.99
4 Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer 3.99 ea
1 Barcgal 5$
2 Azure Dragon 8.50 ea
4 Mr.Invincible's 1$ ea
1 Crimson Lion Cub, Kryph .75$
1 Little fighter, Cron .50 ea
2 Little Battler, Tron .25 ea
3 Turboraizer .25 ea
4 Battleraizer .75 ea
The shipping is what killed me.. especially with ToyWiz.

This was between 2 sites.

Bing

Smash Master
Set 7 came out on the 22nd :S right?

Regardless I've already made the purchase so Im just going to minkle with my GP deck until December when the Blaukruger's come out :D

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It comes out on the 29th

Duke is more popular in the United States.

Ezel is more popular international/japan.

Bunny is the best deck.

Bing

Smash Master
I dont agree that Bunny is the best deck. But I mean when I went to that tournament, I saw a lot of Ezel's and Garmore's. But Not a single Spectral. and I played against all the GP people there.

Should I have got more Spectrals? I thought 2 would be good considering I already have 2 Ezel's and a Garmore among other things.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
ezel is bad in duke. 4 duke 3 gigantech destroyer, or 4 duke 2 garmore 2 destroyer.

you're basically forced to run 1/4/4/4 to have any luck of the deck running smoothly.

bunny is by far the most consistent build of the three, and has the best g0.

Bing

Smash Master
Alright well in a few weeks ill grab two more dukes and two gigantech(ment to get those today)

I might also start buyinh dimensional police units.

Also in your starting hand, how many grade 0's do you guys like to have? I don't like to have any, I prefer my triggers in my deck...

Bing

Smash Master
Hmmm, I see, I like having a bit of damage for counterblasts

hmm, Im really interested in Photon Archer Griflet. His counterblasts could be useful in a Spectral Duke Deck :p

Like if its a Vanguard. When it lands an attack pay the cost(CB 2) and stand one of your read guards.
As a Rear Guard. Same effect but Grade 1 or lower only.

So my idea is simply attack with Spectral Duke, attack with the grade 2/attack with Photon Archer last. Use Spectral Duke's Limit Break to restand him. CounterBlast with Griflet to restand the grade 1 behind Spectral Duke. Attack again.
Also.Im considering that if I have some Flame of Victory triggers in my hand, playing them and using there effect to add them to my soul to boost somethings attack by 3k per FoV.

thoughts?

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Don't take counterblast for granted. Effects that use counterblast are generally free, but they're limited. You only get to use Duke's effect TWICE per game (unless you're a sack and heal 32453453464753245 times). It isn't worth limiting your MAIN WIN CONDITION to using its effect ONCE to hit really hard for a turn, unless you can win that one turn.

Using 10k shield to boost for 3k isn't worth it unless you're sure you can kill them. But then, anything is worth it if you're sure you can kill them l0l.

Bing

Smash Master
Well I mean of course I wouldnt base my winning condition off that, Just a potential.."combo"

I'd rather have that then a Sagremore or something.

Like:
2 Dukes
2 Garemores?
1 Griflet
2 Gigantech?

I dunno something like that.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
In the long run, you standing TWICE is gonna build more pressure on your opponent rather than 1 grand attack to rule them all.

Besides, SDD's effect only truly shines when your opponent is gonna die (aka late game). Your rearguards aren't gonna hit late game. Save your counterblast so you can go Spectral DUNK Dragon on them.

Also, you should be maxing out on SDD

real

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Anybody going to the NY/NJ regionals next Saturday?
Can't decide whether to run kageros or angel feather (since the new set comes out on Saturday)

EDIT: I frequently top at locals and beat friends with kageros, but angel feather has always interested me. The way they work is pretty cool imo

Bing

Smash Master
I might go. I'm looking into bus tickets now. I missed the Canadian regionals so its the next closest.

Also I'd run Kagero, I mean in this situation you want to win, and if you place better with your kagero deck its the logical decision.

However work on that Angel Feather deck lol

I eventually want to max out on SDD but moneys too tight and toywiz is the only site that has them for sale at 30$ and they only had 3 in stock

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Run Kagero. Even set 7, AF isn't super competitive.

Pure duke is best.

2-0ed errbody at locals Tuesday, have another today in two hours.

vortimer
8 crit
4 draw
4 heal

4 scout
4 gareth
4 mark
2 dagger
1 tron

4 beaumains
4 dragon knight
3 viviane

4 duke
3 destroyer

**** gimmick *** techs. pure dunk.

Bing, buy my dukes. I have two extra lmfao.

I pulled like 3 destroyer 2 duke, 2 dudley 1 sp 1 rrr, and some other gdlk stuff.

have 2 vermillion and 2 ezel extra too.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Just went to my local hobby shop and pulled a Special parallel Asura Kaiser

Pretty cool :o

EDIT: Oh yeah, deck list for regionals please critique :D
Grade 0: 17
1x Lizard soldier Conroe (starter)
4x dragon monk genjo (heal)
4x Lizard runner nafd (stand)
4x Demonic dragon Mage rakshasa (crit)
4x Gattling claw dragon (draw)

Grade 1: 14
2x demonic dragon Mage kimnara
4x embodiment of armor bahr
2x wyvern guard barri
4x iron tail dragon
2x grapeshot wyvern

Grade 2: 12
4x Blazing core dragon
4x Dragon knight nehalem
4x dragon knight Berger

Grade 3: 7
3x blazing flare dragon
2x vortex dragon
2x dragonic overlord

If any of you can tell me what I should add/take out/replace that would be very much appreciated

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Woops, let me fix that
There, I'm so dumb
Math is dumb too
Anyway, thoughts? Suggestions?

P.s I have $117 in store credit at coretcg, so if I need to add anything, money isn't an issue

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
play goku

konroe
6 draw
4 heal
6 crit

4 bahr
4 kimnara
3 aermo
3 barri

3 berserk dragon
6 10k vanilla
2 tejas

4 goku
2 overlord
2 12k attacker from set 3

proxied bunny. beat goku 2-1 and spike 4-0.

played duke, beat goku 2-0 spike 2-0 rp 2-0

friends gf rolled everyone with narukami as usual.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Do you have an idea of what kind of style you want to play? Control? Beatdown?

Superior ride Kageros aren't played a lot because they're considered bad. The 2 traditional Kagero decks, Goku & Lawkeeper, are much better in terms of consistency and straight up playability.

Bing

Smash Master
I've never actually played a lawkeeper deck lol. I've determined my style is more conservative, waiting until they make a mistake or use up their hand... Then going in lol.

So I just bought 3 packs of Breaker of Limits... Pulled my first RRR. Battle Cupid, Nociel. Unfortunately that of no use to me... in 3 packs I only got 2 Gold Paladins. Player of the Holy Axe, Nimue and a Holy Mage, Manawydan. Handy. I got like... 10 Angel Feathers, 2 Gran Blue, 2 GP's and a Red Card Dealer(Grappler)

ughhh

Hmm, after looking at my Angel Feather cards, I might build a deck to use once and awhile to use at locals. Need more triggers though. Im like, half-way to a decent deck. So basically...

Back Burner decks:
1.Nova Grappler: I cant wait for the Blaukrugers to come up, Im actually saving up for this :D
2.Gran Blue: I really enjoy these decks for some reason, I find them challenging to blue against and fun to use.
3.Angel Feather: I already have the SVG and some decent Ride combos. Needs work... and I have 5 triggers total XD
4.Royal Paladin: I basically have the trial deck.. but better. A few Iseults(sp), just ordered Barcal, I have Alfred and 2 Blades.
5.Narukami: Just a side project Im working on, basically with the extra cards I get.

Top Bottom