• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Card Shark Mafia [SIGN-UPS OPEN, 8/12]

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Fundamentals
1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever unless otherwise stated in your role PM. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.) If someone is breaking the rules and posting in a Night Phase, please don't be a dink and post saying "don't post in the Night Phase", as I will punish you for that post. Just PM me if you think there is an issue.
If you are dead, you can visit the green room by clicking here.
3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to post all conversations in a quick topic. Copy paste instant messages. They're amusing. This includes hydra logs; any private information remains private and must be paraphrased. I repeat, DO NOT COPY PASTE ANYTHING, including your own private hydra logs.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake, to anyone. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images or text (including color) in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.). The same rules apply to hydra logs, masonries, and any other form of non-forum communication.
8a. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. If a player in the game has issues with your text color, you must change it upon request regardless of the reason of said request. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
10. You must post in English when typing a post. Siento, Rajam.
11. Assuming your role PM does not say otherwise, breaking any sort of posting restriction will result in a punishment of having a MOD vote on you, meaning you take one less to lynch for that period. These punishments can never kill you alone, but one vote and many punishments can. These votes may or may not disappear at the end of a phase, depending on the mod's thoughts of you being a repeat offender. Do not break posting restrictions.
12a. Hydras, if in the game, must post in their Hydra accounts. This is so other players can easily review their posting history. All mistakes will be dealt with via a punishment from the mod. There will be NO warnings for this. All hydras must have the name of both players located in the bio information (location or custom title).
12b. If a Hydra makes a mistake, they must immediately post in the Hydra account using the exact same wording as the previous post. If someone posts inbetween them, they are SOL.
13. All the rules in this post are constant, but powers and statements by the mod in a role PM can trump them. If you feel the mod has told you something that conflicts with the rules above, please check with the mod. He will always side with a private communication rather than these rules.

Voting and Lynching
1a. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Inui.
1b. Do not hide your vote in the middle of a post; make an effort to put it outside of text to help me find them when I'm scanning through the thread. This will prevent MOD errors.
2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Xyro would have you voting for Xyro rather than Inui. You do not have to unvote to switch who you are voting for.
3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Twilight does not have a predetermined length. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase. Doing so will result in a punishment by the moderator for the following Day. There is a brief window that can be considered an acceptable accident, but forgetting to check the thread before posting is not acceptable. Do not abuse this.

Activity and Deadline
1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your punishment, replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill. There will be no replacements after D4 has started except in extreme circumstances; if the person can post on smashboards, they won't be replaced. Please remember you can PM me privately to let me know if someone needs to be prodded.
2. We will normally have strict day cycles set to 7 days in real life. The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught. Should a Night last longer than 48 hours, this does not necessarily mean you have extra time to send in a Night action; this will be left up to the moderator's discretion, but do not expect your action to go through.

Player List
1. Red Ryu
2. Prophylaxis
3. Giraffelasergun
4. #HBC | Ryker
5. Maven89
6. #HBC | soup
7. Dark Horse
8. Sephiroth's Masamune
9. #HBC | Joey
10. Xiivi

Replacements
1. Vult Redux

-to come-

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
The Set-Up

Card Shark Mafia (previously Twisted Fate Mafia) is an adaptation of Stack the Deck Mafia, created for mafiascum by LlamaFluff. For those too lazy to click the link, the essence of the game is simple: for every PR mafia take for themselves, they give one over to town. Let's get into the details. The game at its barebone basics looks like such:

2 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia Traitor
1 Town Goon Cop*
1 Town Bodyguard*
7 Vanilla Townies
*This is an alteration of the previous iteration, Twisted Fate Mafia. By giving defined PRs at the start, it may give mafia a clearer idea how they wish to react.

Before D1 begins, Mafia has a 48 Hour Night 0 Phase to pick from a set of modifications that will be listed in the next post. They can select up to three of these modifications, but no more from that. After they have finished their selection, town will receive a role for every modification mafia makes. If mafia selects two modifications, town receives two additional roles. If mafia makes no modifications, town receives no additional roles, and so on. Reception of these roles is randomized amongst the vanilla townies and will be received between the end of N0 and the start of D1. As soon as all roles are out, D0 will begin. If you do not receive a PM informing you of changes to your role, you will remain Vanilla Town. The roles that town may receive will be listed below as well.

I reserve the right to make alterations to the set-up up until the point the game fills.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Mafia Alterations

Mafia can choose 3 of the following alterations.

Convert Mafia Traitor into Mafia Goon - The Mafia Traitor is converted into a standard Mafia Goon. He may still receive one of the other modifications mafia has selected in place of another one of his teammates however.
Convert Mafia Traitor into Mafia Bulletproof Traitor - The Traitor receives an additional Bulletproof.
Convert Mafia Goon into Mafia Wiretap - Passive Role. Receives a copy of the results of the Mafia Role Cop, Town Goon Cop, and Town Tracker.
Convert Mafia Goon into Mafia Roleblocker - Targets 1 player per night. The targeted player cannot use his action that night phase. Neither the player nor the Roleblocker are informed if their action succeeded.
Convert Mafia Goon into Mafia Role Cop - Targets 1 player per night. Learns the role of the targeted player.
Convert Mafia Goon into Mafia Ninja - Passive Role. Player is immune to tracking results and will show up as "went nowhere"
Convert Mafia Goon into Mafia Poisoner - Twice per game, the Poisoner may elect to convert the Mafia Night Kill into a Poison.
Welcome to the game, x! You are Mafia Roleblocker.

You are aligned with the mafia and, as a result, you know that x is mafia! You may communicate privately here.

Abilities
Roleblock - Once per night, you may target a player. If successful, your target will be roleblocked and prevented from making any action. You will not be informed if your action succeeded, nor will your target be informed he was roleblocked.

You win when you have gained majority in town or nothing can prevent it. Good luck!

...heh

Welcome to the game, x! You are Mafia Wiretap.

You are aligned with the mafia and, as a result, you know that x is mafia! You may communicate privately here.

Abilities
Wiretap - Passive role. At the end of night phase, you will receive a copy of the results that the Mafia Role Cop, Town Goon Cop, and Town Tracker receive. The results are not redirected to you, merely a copy of what these roles receive.

You win when you have gained majority in town or nothing can prevent it. Good luck!

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Mafia Role Cop.

Abilities
Role Cop - Once per night, you may target a player. If successful, you will learn of the role of the targeted player at the end of the night phase.

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Mafia Ninja.

Abilities
Ninja - Passive. You are immune to being tracked. If the Tracker tracks you, he will receive the result that "you went nowhere".

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Mafia Poisoner.

Abilities
Poison - Twice during the game, you may convert the Mafia Night Kill into a Mafia Poison. Choose two players. At the start of D1, both players will be poisoned and incapped as a result. Both victims will still be capable of speaking and voting but if not saved both will die. A secondary vote will be established at the start of the phase as well between these two players. Whichever wins this vote survives while the loser dies. If the vote is tied or neither receives a majority, both shall die. You can target mafia players as well as town players. This ability bypasses bulletproofs.

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Mafia Goon.

Abilities
None! Rely on your cunning and manipulation to win this deadly poker game.

...heh.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Town Alterations

Town automatically begins the game with a Town Goon Cop and a Town Bodyguard. Depending on the amount of modifications mafia elects to make, town can receive up to 3 additional power roles. The roles they can receive are as follows:

Innocent Child - Upon the start of D1, you will be announced as x, Town Innocent Child by me.
Tracker - Target one player per night. You will receive information of who this player targeted during the night phase.
Jailer - Target one player per night. You will protect this player from all night kills while also roleblocking your target. Your target will not be informed they were roleblocked.
Adrenaline Vigilante - One shot. Target one player during the night phase. If successful, you will kill that player. If mafia, you will gain another bullet.
Armorer - One shot. Starts the game with a bulletproof. Can choose to give that bulletproof to another player.
Restless Spirit - Upon this player's death, he or she will reanimate for one additional Day Phase.
Welcome to the game, x! You are Town Goon Cop.

Abilities
Goon Cop - Once per night, you may target a player. If successful, you will receive the result of "Goon" or "Not Goon".

You win the game when you have removed all threats to the town. Good luck!

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Town Bodyguard.

Abilities
Bodyguard - Once per night, you may target a player. If the player is targeted for a night kill, you will be targeted instead.

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Town Restless Spirit.

Abilities
Revenge - Passive. Upon death, you will reanimate for one additional Day Phase. Your vote will still count but due to being dead your presence will not count towards majority. Effectively, you are an unlocked double vote. Your reanimation will not prevent mafia from achieving their win condition.

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Town Innocent Child.

Abilities
Innocence - Upon the start of D1, your role and alignment will be announced and confirmed in thread by me.

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Town Jailer.

Abilities
Jail - Once per night, you may target a player. If successful, that player will be protected from all night kills and roleblocked. They will not be informed they have been roleblocked.

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Town Armorer.

Abilities
Bulletproof - Passive. You have equipped a set of armor you have made. You will survive from the first Night Kill by which you are targeted. If targeted by two Night Kills in the same night, you will die. You are not immune to Poison.
Altruist - Once per game while you still have your Bulletproof, you may target one player. That player will receive your set of armor (and by extension your Bulletproof passive).

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Town Adrenaline Vigilante.

Abilities
Vigilante - One Shot. During the night you may target a player. If successful, you will Night Kill that target.
Adrenaline - Passive. Upon successful Night Kill on a Mafia player, you will be rewarded another bullet.

...heh.

Welcome to the game, x! You are Vanilla Town.

Abilities
None! Use the power of your voice and your vote to guide the town to victory.

...heh.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You may now post.

Also, I see you Sprite. If it makes you feel better, a cheeky mod posted and then deleted their post during my lengthy write-up.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu help me out and remove the post pls

:186:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I may in this if I have time. It won't be soon though. Once most of my games finish.

Prophylaxis

Smash Rookie
/in

Ryker/Laundry invited me here.

I'll see if I can get Newcomb to join, but he mentioned being a little burned out on mafia.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I've had a lot of **** to deal with lately, but provided I'm up to my usual self, I think I'll be down for a game in a week.

Either way sign me up for the time being. Lezdoit

/In

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If I can get discord reminders, I'd be down to play.

Regardless, posting to get that fresh notification and watch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm busy too but everyone is so that's great. :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Laundry can you update playerlist in OP plz and thank you

Top Bottom