• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Car to Dutch tournament 29th August

Kone

Smash Master
Hmm ill stay on the M1 to northampton then cut down to bicester. Its an easier route, the way i normally go and by the looks of it is quicker. Dont know why the got me going on the m60 coventry side. Yeah the M25 is notorious. However, ive only ever experienced the M25 once badly. The rest of the times its been okay. It'll also not be an issue at like 10-12pm on a thursday night :).

The times are looking good to me. Remember that they give you times based on average speed limit lol ;). We need to know when robby and mike get into heathrow (or w/e) to fully plan the times. If needed I can also set off an hour earlier.

Joe, you looked into buses into leedS?

J03

Smash Master
not yet, i acn get a coach that gets me in leeds for 20.35 thats on for £2, i dont know what time to book my return for though =/, any ideas?

EDIT: we arrive back around 4, 2 and a half hours to drop off robby, mike and craig, then about 4 to leeds. so around 10am???

Double EDIT: theres no coaches from leeds that i can afford at 10am =/, theres one at 8.30 and 9.30 for £2 buit the next one is 6pm xD.

im gonna book the outbound one now to get it out of the way, then book the return when were sure of the time. so ed, is the 20.35 arrival time good enough??

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah thats a good time isnt it? just shift the times forward. Ill get to leeds for you arriving. Gives us more time in general. Ill just leave earlier and we'll get craig earlier etc etc. So yeah book!

edit - want me to book you the 11.30am for a fiver? i think ill be coming back up that morning pretty ****ing slowly so dont wanna be pushing myself for the 10.30.

Kone

Smash Master
u buy the 16.15 one on the thursday? do u want me to put the 11.30 monday one for a fiver on my card? add it to what u owe. i dont want to go for a earlier bus incase we are running late on monday. im going to be really tired on that morning cos its a well late ferry, we lose an hour, and ill have been up all sunday lol

Kone

Smash Master
right o re-post the plan man with new times when u get a chance. that way robby n mike know what times they need to be heading to heathrow for!

ill buy :)..........edit - booked joe. will print out and take it with me for you :)

J03

Smash Master
seaham->leeds ==== 1 hour 50 mins (2pm-4pm)

leeds->reading ==== 3 hours 45 mins (4pm-8pm)

reading->heathrow = 40 mins (8pm-9pm)

heathrow->Dover == 1 hour 50 mins (9pm-11pm)

soooo

Robby and Mike: when either of you is available we need to discuss travel arrangements =)

Kone

Smash Master
Could mike or robby please post how and where they are going to get picked up thursday please! i really hope you guys dont flake, i dont have money to lose on this one =s.

Theres coach from exeter to london. buy return around time sjoe has posted when we would be likely to collect you. check the route goes to heathrow and jump of there. please post when you are booked!

edit robby your looking to want to get these tickets-

17:55 22:20 4hrs 25min 0 View WC From £7 exeter - london funfare on thursday. gets you in at heathrow for 9.40

07:45 12:35 4hrs 50min 0 View WC From £7 london - exeter calls in at heathrow for 8am and that works in well for us as ill get you there for 7ish :)

£14 return just need to get your ***** to exeter. there are journeys from torquay but the times given arent very good. guess you could get bus to exeter or get dropped of there or something or train and change to the coach that gets in for the times we need.

either way youve got a good cheap option you should both get there for £20 return and work into our plans well. please book and let me know. ive taken time of work that i an claim back early this week, if not, cant and i dont want to not work as im taken it unpaid .

EDIT EDIT - robby n mike you could get nationa express coach from torquay to exeter at 16:50 17:45 55min 0 View WC then this would tie in with the 17.55 from there to london.

On the way back you could get the 12:45 13:30 45min 0 View WC from exeter to torquay. You get into torquay for 12.35.

This comes to £8.20.

So you could get national express buses from torquay to exeter then exeter to london (jumping of at heathrow) for £22 return .

VA

Smash Hero
We're back and it looks as if you need us to book to meet you on the thursday, this is fine with us as we've been discussing it while away. I told you IN THIS THREAD that we will talk about meeting you after we get back and all you can do before is book the ferry. But now I'm back I'll book the coach this evening.

J03

Smash Master
robby: just talked to ed and he reckons it may be easier to get to ealing lol.

its coz Heathrow is an airport and is massive and finding you guys may be a chore, were as ealing train station or tube station or w/e its called lol will prolly be easy to find.

ill talk to you on msn dude =)

Kone

Smash Master
Scrap what joe just posted. Im at the library and have been able to get online. Ealing is crap, it means driving further and getting caught up in london itself. Please get the tube to Hatton Cross tube station. This is the tube station before heathrow terminals 1,2,3 tube station. Means that im not get involved with driving around heathrow terminals and its closer to the M25. Let me or joe know that you get that message robby as ill print of directions to that tube station ^_^. Not hassling you, just sorting **** out for the journey.

cheers

ed

J03

Smash Master
Eddywinks ive come up with an idea.

If we pick up robby and mike first then go to craigs we can chill there for a while if were ahead of schedule.

im fine tuning the route now to make things as easy as possible, ill make an epic post when im finished

Joe x

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Righto Ed its pretty much the best idea to pick up robby and mike first, so ive run with that idea dude.

Seaham-Leeds (92.9 miles, 1 hour 51 mins)

Getting from Seaham to Leeds the simpliest way possible is a case of sailing down the A1(M) all the way to the A64 and following that into Leeds, theres a little spat on the A6120 but you get back on the A64 and im pretty sure you know the rest.

the route ive done is 1 hour 51 mins and missively simple, so you need to be setting off around 2-2.30.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leeds - Hatton Cross (199 miles, 3 hours 20 mins)

Are goal is to get on the M1, and theres some faf involved getting on it, but we'll have the directions and its prolly obv sign posed everywhere.

Once we get on it we can switch off for oooh... 170 miles xD now i imagine that come 5pm well be roughly between Sheffield and Nottingham, more likely then not, pretty close to nottingham, no idea what rushours gonna be like obv.

anyway we take the M1 all the way down to the M25 ringroad (JUNCTION 6A)then follow that to the M4 eastbound. we take that to the A312, to the A30, which we jump off at hatton and head for the station.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hatton cross-Reading (28.9 miles, 43 mins)

we backtrack up to were the M4 meets the M25 but obv we just stay on the M4.

sticking to google for this one, talked to craig and hes pretty confident its the best way =).
we come off the M4 at junction 8, follow the A404 to junction 9b, then jump on the A4 and follow it into Charvil.

At Charvil, well as were just leaving Charvil we take the B478 (Charvil lane) till it ends on the A4155 then we follow this >>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading-Dover, (125 miles, 2 hours 20 minutes)

we go back to the M4-M25 junction, take the M25 for ages, then take the M26 to the M20, which we take all the way to the A20 into dover

Top Bottom