• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar Joins The Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
To everyone that wanted him:

Hope you have fun! The wait was long but he is here now! =D

I think...That no character idea can be thrown into the wind as of now...this game just got SUPER EPIC!

Pabs

Smash Cadet
Good stuff, definitely one of the characters I wanted to see in most Brawl. I dig the song, too :)

orintemple

Smash Lord
I was in complete shock and awe when I saw this. I had no preference on his inclusion but I didn't actually expect it to happen. Glad we finally got a new character update though.

ro0kie42

Smash Apprentice
i'm excited to see how his attacks work exactly...but i'm glad brawl has a lot of good surprises left!

AnimalCrosser

Smash Cadet
Olimar's a great addition, and it really shows those who said he's too small that anything can happen. Also, the Pikmin thing is an interesting concept.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Olimar?? LOL , LAUGH OUT FREAKIN LOUD, man I cant belive his freakin playble, that only means Ridley is gona be playable for sure dang it!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Very surprising. Nice update.

I bet the next character will be another Veteran. I'm also glad to see there are more unique characters in this game.

Zek

Smash Ace
CORRECTION: It's "Pikmin & Olimar." They are in a fated symbiotic relationship in which Olimar plays second fiddle. Do not refer to him by his rank of Captain, which holds no meaning in the realm of the flower people.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Wow just wow. I mean I really know nothing about him, but I did not expect a character update so close to the Japanese release date; much less a brand spanking new one at that. Can't wait to hear Show me your news, weekly recap, Kotaku, and everyone else's opinions on this one. This alone will likely make this week's updates the best (especially considering the decent ones we've had of late).

No smash attack huh? I wonder if he'll just be a spam happy projectile user.

Edit: And on that note, people are happy again, hahah

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
Oliamr es lo máximo.Im just so happy.Im shaking!
This is just great.It was worth the 2 months without a big update.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Personally I didn't care if he made it in or not... but when I saw the "Warner New Challenger Aproaching" and saw his face, I cheered a little. With only 14 days till the Japanese realease, the updates should now get sweet.

It'll be fun having the Captain in brawl, and I can't wait to see him beat people down by hitting them in the face with pikmin:laugh:

Eszett

Smash Cadet
A solid addition to an already-strong game makes for a sea of happy campers.

Sakurai knows what he's doing. He listens to the fanbase, yet blows their minds with his infinite ingenuity.

Ced The Lad

Smash Apprentice
Darn you Ban Helm! I just rechecked the site to see that I read it wrong. Too many rabid people still awake :)

*why is the 4 letter word synominous with "darn" censored? Oh well*

Vadorojo

Smash Apprentice
Woohoo!!! I'm so stinkin' excited. I always suspected that Olimar and his flowery pals would make it in Brawl (c'mon ... Miyamoto himself created them!) but it's great to see it on the dojo!!! The music is fun, too! *happy dance*

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Yay, one of the characters I wanted the most. It was obvious his original 30cm height wouldn't stop them
...I take it you've never played Pikmin? Captain Olimar isn't even close to 30cm. He's about the size of a quarter.

tutter

Smash Apprentice
Darn you Ban Helm! I just rechecked the site to see that I read it wrong. Too many rabid people still awake :)

*why is the 4 letter word synominous with "darn" censored? Oh well*
I love getting the updates before I go to bed instead of the morning now!

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
****. Olimar gives King DeDeDe a run for awesomeness. He might not be as cuddly, but he's got Pikmin.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I wonder what he does once you run out of pikmin, assuming that's possible.
I'm guessing he can just pull them out of the ground at any time, kind of like how Peach does with turnips. In the Mario game, she plucked them out of the ground, just like Olimar does with the Pikmin, so it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom