• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar Joins The Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spellman

Smash Ace
The counter argument for a character that is so small appearing as big in this game would have to be the fact that the characters are living trophies. Animated dioramas. The trophy doesn't have to be the same size as the original character.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I never liked the Pikmin games and I hate that music.....

But d*amn, it's great to finally have a newcomer.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Needs Pikmin to perform smashes? Does this mean each will vary depending on the Pikmin used? This and other aspects of the character make him one of the freshest and most interesting characters to appear in Brawl. I haven't been this surprised since Pokemon Trainer.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
We don't know. Maybe it's a great working system that makes him really strong, especially with purple Pikmin.

Who knows?

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
Wouldn't this make Olimar low tier, only because of his dependance on Pikmin?
Why would it? For all you know, each of his attacks could do 30% damage. No use in speculating now.

Besides, Peach uses turnips, Link uses bombs and his boomerang, Samus uses her missiles and charged shot, Sheik uses her darts...they're all good characters. The fact that he can pull out Pikmin at will means that it's not really a handicap. The only way he could suck is if the Pikmin take very long to pull out of the ground.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Olimar for low tier!

Never really liked him, and the fact that he depends on pikim just to do smash attacks makes me hate him more, but it was still nice to see a newcomer (even though I was hoping for megaman and was afraid to go down when I saw new challenger approaching)

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
It all depends on the implementaion. In any case, its nice to get a mixup and see an unorthodox fighting style.

If he's a joke character, he's a joke character, but theres no reason to believe it HAS to be that way.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
It all depends on the implementaion. In any case, its nice to get a mixup and see an unorthodox fighting style.

If he's a joke character, he's a joke character, but theres no reason to believe it HAS to be that way.
I don't expect there to be any "joke characters" this time around.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Guys, there's a whole room to discuss the character, and the usual moderator approved thread/news article to discuss the update. Choose one, but this thread doesn't belong in this room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom