• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Knee

TheBlueFalcon

Smash Cadet
i've been sharing this everywhere but

i'm not too sure if falcon has changed with this new patch but i was able to connect dthrow knee on marth as a true combo at 28%
Can confirm D-throw -> short hop -> Knee works at 28% on characters other than Marth too (e.g. Mario and Palutena), though not necessarily guaranteed. Timing is tricky.

Will update moveset guide later.

Last edited:
First thing: tap jump MUST be off, otherwise you'll probably just jump in front of your opponent's nose.

Other than that, just work on your finger speed, I guess. It's very possible, just difficult.
Oh without a doubt tap jump is off. I just have trouble pulling the Up-air out too early, thus wiffing, or too late, thus hitting the ground without the hitbox coming out. I guess I just need more practice. Is it possible to land an Up-air on all standing characters including characters like Kirby?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh without a doubt tap jump is off. I just have trouble pulling the Up-air out too early, thus wiffing, or too late, thus hitting the ground without the hitbox coming out. I guess I just need more practice. Is it possible to land an Up-air on all standing characters including characters like Kirby?
Of my knowledge it is a height thing. I am not sure what the limit is but you're never gonna hit a crouching Jigglpuff.
I think around the height of Duck Hunt is the limit, but short hop aerials were never my thing.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
As others have said, it's always possible to land a FF Uair, but it gets harder the shorter your opponent is.

jay-tee

Smash Cadet
What about nair to knee? I have landed some but I'm not sure if its a true combo.

Maybe not a true combo, but fun to watch nonetheless:
http://webmshare.com/eXada

How do you post wembs in here?

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
DAMN that was sweet. Probably not a true combo, but oh so sweet...

Most people use gfycat, iirc. But I have no idea how to embed it :/

jay-tee

Smash Cadet
I was doing some testing and I found out that you can actually land a dair to knee as a true combo. I found out that you have less landing frames if you do certain timing with the dair, thought is barely noticeable (actually I'm not 100% sure, but it seems so). This happens if you are fast falling and execute a dair just as close as you can to the ground while still making hitbox to appear.

My testing on Lucario yesterday was this:

• While Lucario is standing near the middle of Final Destination, from around 65% to 90% you can auto-cancel uair to knee. Killing him in the 75% to 90% range. Being the 90% the most hard to land. This is a true combo.
  • While Lucario is standing near the middle of Final destination, from around 91% to 110% you can dair to knee as a true combo and it will kill him.
  • While Lucario is standing in Final Destination, from around 110% to 118% you can dair to to uair as a true combo and it will kill him.
DAMN that was sweet. Probably not a true combo, but oh so sweet...

Most people use gfycat, iirc. But I have no idea how to embed it :/
Thank you! I have some more highlights, lol. In fight, I'm never sure if they are a true combo or not.

http://webmshare.com/done/Pzx3q

Last edited:

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I think dair to knee only works if the opponent fails to tech. For some reason they made it incredibly forgiving to tech in this game. Of course this shouldn't discourage you from trying it provided the opponent doesn't anticipate it or simply doesn't know how easy it is to tech.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I was doing some testing and I found out that you can actually land a dair to knee as a true combo. I found out that you have less landing frames if you do certain timing with the dair, thought is barely noticeable (actually I'm not 100% sure, but it seems so). This happens if you are fast falling and execute a dair just as close as you can to the ground while still making hitbox to appear.
I think it's easier to initiate a dair and, while Falcon's holding back his feet, you initiate a fast fall. I've hit a lot of people out a full hop, with it :)

Top Bottom