• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Zero to Death on Mewtwo

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Utter silliness.
It's not actually as hard as it looks once you get the footstool bit down to muscle memory.

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
wait, is the dair jab reseting m2? I didnt realize how weak spikes actually are at low percents

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
wait, is the dair jab reseting m2? I didnt realize how weak spikes actually are at low percents
Yeah. Most character's spike moves will initiate a lock during the percents in which the character they hit does a "flinch" motion when hit. Basically, up until they are forced to bounce off the ground. This is usually in the 30s but its higher for heavier guys. This is why I go into a nair ---> grab after the second dair; another dair would allow Mewtwo to tech roll away (i believe. You might not be able to tech a ground bounce after a footstool, I don't know about that).

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
Does this work on other chars? I'm assuming it's because of how floaty Mew2 is? If that's so, maybe it works on Rosa, Luigi?

Also, how tight is the nair to footstool link? Do you have to hit the nair super close for it work?

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
I would replace the last nair -> down throw with a landing up air since it combos into knee easier. That does work right? *tests*

edit: the % might be too low to reliably up air > knee idk

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Does this work on other chars? I'm assuming it's because of how floaty Mew2 is? If that's so, maybe it works on Rosa, Luigi?

Also, how tight is the nair to footstool link? Do you have to hit the nair super close for it work?
The nair to footstool link isn't extremely tight. I've gotten it to work off the back hit from nair, or from about 75 percent nair's maximum range. If you're moving away and you hit with the end of Falcon's foot though, it seems like a stretch to get the footstool in. You MIGHT be able to but it's gotta be ridiculously frame tight at that point.

You can also start this off of a uair at low percents. Uair will also lead into an easy footstool at mid-ish percents on the entire cast, but you won't be able to do multiple dair resets, since they'll just be popped off the ground. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily though.

And if you're curious, I've also been able to do the same combo on Marth, but I had to modify it to Uair---> Knee at the end instead of nair--->grab----> knee since Marth's properties are a little different. It won't blastzone him though, even at the edge. Just does a ton of damage.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Good work. If this works like the old ROB infinite, you should be able to just fastfall Nair him into a constant loop too. A lot more difficult and technical though.

Day one and we have a method to annihilate this character.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Good work. If this works like the old ROB infinite, you should be able to just fastfall Nair him into a constant loop too. A lot more difficult and technical though.

Day one and we have a method to annihilate this character.
Yeah you can infinite him with repeated nairs. But it doesn't look stylish. Plus the technical requirement is WAY higher. Also, using dair gives you a lock, so you can technically do whatever you want to finish the combo. If you just did repeated nairs, the only thing you could end your combo with would be a grab or a jab. Anything else and they could just roll to escape. With the dair reset, you can opt for a smash, any of your specials (dashing Falcon Punch too), etc. What this means is that you can get a knee ender on ANYONE instead of just floaties. For example

nair ----> FS ----> dair -----> nair -----> FS ----> dair ----> Delayed Lightning Falcon Kick(to get the stun) ----> Knee (or uair into Knee on some characters)

This looks amazingly stylish and it's no more difficult than any other lock combo. This also works on literally anyone. On non-floaties you will need something other than nair to start the footstool lock though. Uair usually does the trick on characters too heavy for nair.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Can we finish the lock with a Falcon punch?
No. It's just a little too slow, they can get their shield up before it hits. If you let them escape from the lock though, as in, you let them roll away or do a get up attack instead of stomping on them, you could probably use the Dashing Falcon Punch custom to cover 3 of their options (roll away, stand up, or get up attack). The only thing it'd fail to hit would probably be rolling through you. I'll have to test that out.

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
Thanks for the answers Gawain! I'll play with this in the lab and see what I can come up with. If it's not too strict, this might be the best low % punish to go for.

And if not, it's an amazing way to style.

Asdfpie

Smash Rookie
What about if you ftilt them to lock; would the falcon punch work then?

EDIT; like dthrow, fs, dair, ftilt, falcon puuunch!

Last edited:

Sakelig

Smash Rookie
What about if you ftilt them to lock; would the falcon punch work then?

EDIT; like dthrow, fs, dair, ftilt, falcon puuunch!
if u ftlit them after the dair, they will just simply get hit by the ftilt and fly far away from you falcon punch.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I thought at low % ftilt does a jab reset?
no?
ok, ppl I play suck
No, you are correct. If you do a lock with dair and then ftilt on the ground, if the percent is low, then you will keep them locked. However, it's just BARELY enough time for them to shield unfortunately. What you CAN do is opt for a bair on your way down and read their roll or get up attack with the Falcon Punch though.

Top Bottom