• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Up-B Ledge Cancel?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I've done it multiple times with both Samus and Falcon. Easier to do with Samus, although the times I've done it were accidental.

Did anyone figure out if there was a way to cancel the ledge grab on contact like that though? I think I could find a few uses for it if we can do it. Maybe there's a specific way you have to tilt the control stick while grabbing the ledge.

Ledge Cancel -> Fast Fall Knee -> Jump -> Up+B.

It could prove useful to Falcon's ledge game.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
lol @ people saying it's useless because it's difficult.
*facepalm*

Its not just difficult. Its 'window' is so small, its irrational.

And even if it wasnt, what the **** could be its use?
Get real.

Player-3

Smash Hero
if it wasn't, preventing edgehogs

but then they just stage spike you

so you tech it

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If the sweetspot wasn't so small, it'd be of some use.

You could stall forever and really mind**** opponents. I think if you're close enough to the lip to sweetspot it, then you'd be close enough to up-b reversal recovery slide onto the stage anyway.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Oh you guys :3

The reason of the uselessness of this isn't the size of the spot,
it's that it doesn't work if someone is hanging on the ledge.

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
*facepalm*

Its not just difficult. Its 'window' is so small, its irrational.

And even if it wasnt, what the **** could be its use?
Get real.
I hope that facepalm will bring some order to the messed-up neurons your head is filled with.

I've seen up-b cancelling done consecutively, I don't care if it's hard it's possible.

The use it would have is plain obvious but is now non-existant because of this:
Oh you guys :3

The reason of the uselessness of this isn't the size of the spot,
it's that it doesn't work if someone is hanging on the ledge.
which should have been said since the beginning

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Both of you guys are wrong. Teluoborg, you don't grab the ledge, it's lip cancelling. And Sand, other characters' windows are a lot larger than Falcon's for this.

Zeallyx

I hope that facepalm will bring some order to the messed-up neurons your head is filled with.

I've seen up-b cancelling done consecutively, I don't care if it's hard it's possible.

The use it would have is plain obvious but is now non-existant because of this:

which should have been said since the beginning
No, you idiot.

All this talk about this useless crap is slowing down the metagame from getting anywhere.

OMGLIPCANCELING!!YOUMUSTBESTUPIDNOTTOBELIEVEINIT!!

What a bunch of crap.

Get real.

All this could net you, in the best case scenario, is an Uair, or maybe, maybe, a sweet knee.

There are soooooooooo many other ways to mindgame opponents when playing as falcon, which do not require a 'lip', that this **** isnt needed. At all.

If you want 'lip' mindgames that badly, ledge cancel the falcon kick-->edgeguard. :bee:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
After looking at the Jigglypuff video, I think it's actually performed when you have such a small amount of momentum toward the lip that it registers as a ledge-grab, but the animation isn't close enough to start.

That, or perhaps it's going so slow that it registers it twice, but since your first ledge grab was assumed to have connected, your character just falls as though they missed it and got edgehogged.

Either way, this has to do with the horizontal momentum when going toward the ledge, surely.

Ponyo

Smash Cadet
Yea this happens all the time w/ the starfox characters sideB. But thats because there is a wider window of opportunity. I wouldnt spend any time trying to master this. It really wouldnt be worth the trouble.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Let's not post in this thread, so that it can get locked, since this does absolutely nothing for Falcon's metagame.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
How is knee not super banned yet? just reading his constant negative posts makes me want to stop playing the game. If it's not his idea, it's crap. you may be a decent falcon player knee, but outside the game, you're just another piece of trash jerk some parents screwed up raising. I'd pity you for the fact that you don't even realize you're being that way.

Zeallyx

How is knee not super banned yet? just reading his constant negative posts makes me want to stop playing the game. If it's not his idea, it's crap. you may be a decent falcon player knee, but outside the game, you're just another piece of trash jerk some parents screwed up raising. I'd pity you for the fact that you don't even realize you're being that way.
lol.
This is just crap. Deal with it.

'Super banned' is teh ****z, though.

Top Bottom