• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain falcon owns snake

Charoo

Smash Champion
he's too fast for him and snake takes forever to kill him. Falcon counters Snake

discuss

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Well since falcon has to touch snake and basically has no disjointed hits...and enjoys announcing the moves he makes beforehand....nade countering should do the trick....granted falcon can probably own Snake in the air but good Snake's won't stay in the air for long.

edit: lol spidah nice avatar.

Sw0rd

Smash Cadet
If speed were the issue, then Sonic would also be a counter for snake. Falcon doesn't have any projectiles, so he would need to be in snake's face a lot, and like StoleUrCar said, nade countering would work pretty well.

I don't see how Falcon could be a counter to Snake just because he's fast. Could you explain a little more? And how is it hard to kill Falcon with Snake?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Speed doesn't mean **** when things are blowing up around you. Falcon's a joke most of the time, I dont see how he can counter Snake aside from his abortion punch.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
It's going to be pretty dang hard for Falcon to string any combos(as if he can barely do them in brawl anyway :p) since he's got to be near Snake, and Snake's got all sorts of tricks to keep him away. I think shield dropped nades + nade countering should take care of Falcon's mobility pretty easily. Snake's got the upper hand IMO.

edit:
I dont see how he can counter Snake aside from his abortion punch.
hmm...
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh88/xXChaos117Xx/Funny Sits/Falconlinkpunch.jpg
bit off topic but ....lolz.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
Does Falcon's B-Up while Snake is recovering prevent Snake from pulling out another Cypher? I remember in Brawl that characters don't get another jump after Falcon's B-Up unlike in Melee, but does it also gimp Snake's recovery the way that wriggling out of being grabbed or Wario's eating move during the Cypher?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Does Falcon's B-Up while Snake is recovering prevent Snake from pulling out another Cypher? I remember in Brawl that characters don't get another jump after Falcon's B-Up unlike in Melee, but does it also gimp Snake's recovery the way that wriggling out of being grabbed or Wario's eating move during the Cypher?
I believe so, if Snake takes any form of damage he's allowed another Cypher. I've never had a Falcon try to gimp me out of it using Up+B though so I'm not 100% positive.

WIN

Smash Cadet
lol can't believe people are even bothering to respond to this guy.

Captain falcon is like, the second or third worst character in the entire game. His knee got gimped, everyone else got buffed, and anything he can do other toons can do way better.

Sorry c.falcon, you just aint the man you used to be

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
actually, it's not really because of the knee nerf, it's because of the speed nerf of the game and the fact that there is less stunlocking possibilities in general in this new version of smash. But hey, i'm not one to complain.

No, what I really want to say is : Can you stop the theorycraft for a second guys ? jeeze, it's like you're all playing against some random cpu that allways does the same routines, and why do you even bother to respond to such a thread anyways. There are some verry high quality posts like the guide from Abit Rusty that deserve much more attention than a 'Lawl jigglypuff kan liek pwn ur marth anyt1m3 ^^^^^'.

"Philanthropy"

Smash Rookie
Ok ok, aside from the knee, his aerials can't even knock an alloy on the first strike. I'm not too worried. He's how I see it... Falcon... Up tilt.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Heck no, Captain Falcon can't do anything to Snake. You see here, the problem is Falcon is always forced to approach, and he's bad at approaching, and Snake is really really ****ing good at punishing approachers. Losing scenario here.

For one, Snake's D-smash will kill Falcon's "speed advantage" and force him to either roll past it, or jump over it. Either way he goes, he will easily get punished since he can't approach in the air at all, and his Forward Roll is really slow.

Worse, Falcon's attack speed is slower than average. He's generally quite a predictable character.

Also, Falcon's recovery is prime bait for being hit by a missile. raaaaaape.

Anyhow, the best you can hope for is getting a grab and keeping Snake in the air with your U-air (which won't work long since anyone can air dodge). It's also worth noting that Snake's recovery can be hit with a Knee if he's forced to use the Cypher close to the stage, But that will rarely happen.

Hostility

Smash Ace
This is the dumbest topic I've seen in a while. Falcon shouldn't so much as touch snake. He's got almost no priority on any of his aerials, and completely lacks any great approach. While snake has incredible range with his physical attacks, more priority with his aerials and tilts, and so many projectiles to keep falcon away.

If falcon hits you, it's completely the snake player's fault for letting it happen.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
This is the dumbest topic I've seen in a while. Falcon shouldn't so much as touch snake. He's got almost no priority on any of his aerials, and completely lacks any great approach. While snake has incredible range with his physical attacks, more priority with his aerials and tilts, and so many projectiles to keep falcon away.

If falcon hits you, it's completely the snake player's fault for letting it happen.
Actually a good Falcon is incredibly hard to fight as Snake, he can suffocate you with his speed giving you no room to do anything, and as crazy as it sounds Falcon can actually combo the crap out of snake.

I'm pretty sure I got ***** by Silent Spectre's Falcon at reno

Hostility

Smash Ace
Actually a good Falcon is incredibly hard to fight as Snake, he can suffocate you with his speed giving you no room to do anything, and as crazy as it sounds Falcon can actually combo the crap out of snake.

My points still stand though, snake isn't that slow of a character, and falcon isn't that blindingly fast. And getting beat by Silent Specter doesn't really change that. Not to deny that you're really good, and you are, but I'd say that he beat you in spite of him playing falcon. Silent specter is just too good, plus he understands the matchup very well considering he used to main snake.

WIN

Smash Cadet
man psycho, you must have been wasted or something to let falcon beat you.

also, can I have your autograph? You can sign anywhere, but the privates are off limits till after the first date.

Thanks!

Spidah

Smash Apprentice

Wich goes back to the ultimate answer to all stupid threads regarding who 'theoratically' ownz who, being : It's all about how you play and how you can outbrain your opponent. We're not playing rock paper scissors ...

Astinos

Smash Cadet
I agree with TC, Falcons moves seem to flow well against Snake, like with Ike and Wolf. It's more a case of having Falcon having airial priority, and Snake being a big target, plus not having such a good time recovering in the air.

There isn't that many Falcons who could back this up, but that's cause barely anyone plays Falcon. Everyone just seems to think because he's not melee Falcon he's not worth playing.... How sad :(

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Ok well you guys mentioned speed not being a factor but I believe it is to a small extent expecially if you happen to be playing as a blue spiked animal. I never had horrible problems against a snake as sonic. The only thing that I ever had problems with was snake's ability to ko at around 60%. And of course I run into his attacks. I've never been impressed with c.f. and if played well I guess he can be "better" than snake but it really comes down to the person playing each character. Learn your weaknesses and don't let them be exploited thats all.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure falcon dominates snake in the air...then agin that's nothin new snake's air game is pretty powerful but kinda crappy in terms of priority. So a recovering snake shuld prolly be careful. On the ground its a diff story since snake's got all the stuff that's anti-movement... and CF needs that kind of space that Snake can limit.

Xxll_The Boss_llxX

Smash Cadet
Well personally, I've never lost to any CF, ever. But I'm sure they just weren't using him quite right. Like PM said, CF has great potential to beat Snake, what with his aerial game =p. They've just gotta know what the f*** they're doing first >.>

Charoo

Smash Champion
u guys need to fight good falcon then like psychomidget did. Falcon is the solution vs snake.

Spidah

Smash Apprentice
you need to buy a brain and some glasses in order to read what we actually wrote and then understand it. You keep on repeating yourself charro, but nvm :]

It is not because the guy played falcon that he won vs ******, it's because he played better on this game, period .

GodotAA

Smash Ace
just face it guys Psycho ****** has the right idea wanting to main Falcon now. hes obviously top tier with all of his low priority attacks. Just face it guys hes the best character in the game.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Snake's also one of the few characters who can be hit with a rising SH'd knee :bee:

Top Bottom