• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Moveset Discussion

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow, Falcon SideB looks so much better. Much better range and priority making it a much better anti-zoning tool.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Side B is quite a good approach option. But he does seem almost similar to his Brawl counterpart, though the knee seems easier to land.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
He's like a brawl falcon except faster, with auto-canceled bairs, nairs, and uairs. He also has 1st-hit nair to jab, jab to grab, down throw to knee on some characters, and uair to knee on others (verified by m2k). Also he has The Gentleman and a really nice dash grab. And a better knee. So in other words, he's melee falcon minus stomps and auto-canceled knees. That bodes well for our hero...

EDIT: Also side-b kills now at like 130% instead of comboing. A definite buff.

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I am way too excited over raptor boost being a kill move now.
Also I love how his up tilt spikes offstage now, and that he has his smash 64 dash grab back.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
I am way too excited over raptor boost being a kill move now.
Also I love how his up tilt spikes offstage now, and that he has his smash 64 dash grab back.
I agree with you on all that except the boost. I don't mind it being a kill move, but I loved it as a combo starter. Dthrow -> read into Raptor Boost ---> Anything was so fun.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
EDIT: Also side-b kills now at like 130% instead of comboing. A definite buff.
I saw it kill Greninja at around 90%. Dunno if Greninja is just lightweight, but yeah. Raptor Boost is now a good move.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Falcon is a bit more risky-reward than before due to lag on two pretty good aerials. He has always been like that in some fashion anyways so it's not really a problem.

He seems to have brawl-esque physics, but I've heard it's very satisfying to play as him.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
To be fair, Captain Falcon's side B could kill anyone at zero percent in Brawl.
at 2x Damage Ratio. :troll: Seriously though. that thing is OP in Brawl 2.0 damage ratio battles!

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
How is Falcon's grab? Please tell me it has more range...
I don't know about his regular grab, but his dash grab is remarkably quick and goes a long distance ahead of him (be careful because dashgrab won't get opponents who are too close)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The one thing that was a downer, was his Dash Attack's succession of hitting. It looks like the area in front of Falcon's pauldron is the hit-box within the tackle, & not Kyaputen Farukon himself.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Tell me about his momentum.

Haven't looked into much gameplay but I just want to know if he keeps his momentum better after a running jump more like he did in Melee. Loved Brawl and wasn't a Melee stickler, but that was one thing for sure I missed from Melee was that Falcon momentum. I want to be more free do a flashy flying falcon punch off the stage and off the screen to hit someone in an entirely unnecessary fashion like I used to~

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
After Looking at some gameplay footage of captain falcon in smash 4 all I can say is that falcon is the realist right now. Knees being almost as good as it was in melee, Side b is now a kill move, and his combo game is fantastic. The only downside is that he doesn't have the momentum that he had in melee. Still despite that I'm expecting great thing's for falcon in the future and definitely looks like a character I would love to second.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Falcon has 64 Up airs, as in opponents go straight up. Weird, but it does kill at some point.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, I discovered while playing today that Falcon's U-tilt is now a meteor smash (or it was in previous games and I just didn't notice). About as useless as the nipple-spike in Melee, but cool nonetheless.

Last edited:

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Anyone have an idea on how to get passed Bowser ledgeguarding with his fire breath? A friend gimped me 2 stocks, and I've been playing a lot to know when something is pretty hard to get passed. Bowser can stand far enough back to where you can't hit him with an up-air or up-B him. If you're below the ledge, it's almost impossible to get passed it without a walljump because of how little invincibility frames (if any at all) you get when you grab the ledge.

Top Bottom