• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon LOW Tier...?!

Epsilon-Zero

Smash Rookie
I cant Seem to imagine why, from what ive read he could easily be middle tier, when i was playing back about a month ago, i could beat alot of people with him, its not all about the special moves here... Theres alot of thing you need while playing him.
1.Timing, if you cant time attacks or Blocks, dont play C' Falcon.
2.Knock Backs, These work fine for falcon.
3. Side B, Awesome move that when timed Correctly is deadly, especially mixed with an Up-B follow up.
3.Knee of Justice, Just a wicked move all together.

I really dont think he deserves top tier, but he is not bottom...

To me he is a REAL good character, thats why hes one of my mains.
That and because hes Awesome :laugh:

Iwan

Smash Ace
Knee of justice isn't that hot anymore bro. It's decent, but situational. Also, there's a long list of things wrong with falcon....many, many things. Us falcon users are definitely making progress....I'd list the things Falcon has problems with, but i'm sick as hell, so i'll leave that to the other people who will most assuredly tell you he sucks.

He doesn't suck. He's just not good.
yet?

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
The main problem that I tend to hear flying around the Captain Falcon forum from day to day is a severe lack of priority in his moves. I can't really say I've noticed it much myself though.

Epsilon-Zero

Smash Rookie
Knee of justice isn't that hot anymore bro. It's decent, but situational. Also, there's a long list of things wrong with falcon....many, many things. Us falcon users are definitely making progress....I'd list the things Falcon has problems with, but i'm sick as hell, so i'll leave that to the other people who will most assuredly tell you he sucks.

He doesn't suck. He's just not good.
yet?

Hes Good, i Enjoy using him alot...

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
The main problem that I tend to hear flying around the Captain Falcon forum from day to day is a severe lack of priority in his moves. I can't really say I've noticed it much myself though.
When every one of your moves except Falcon Punch gets outprioritized by Metaknight's held A, you have problem. If you don't notice stuff like that then pay attention more.

Oh and I almost forgot. Falcon seems to be fighting for low tier but many see him as bottom tier. BananaTrooper says that he can beat Legan's Link pretty much every match with Falcon, so since Legan is one of the better Links out there from what I've heard, that might give us reason to believe that Falcon is NOT the worst character in the game. However the development of Brawl is still in the early stages so we won't really know where he sits for a long time. At this point in time though it looks like he ISN'T the worst character (I for one find DK and Ganondorf to be worse but I'm not even going to get into that debate again).

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'd wouldn't be surprised if he was low tier. Most things likeable about him got nerfed, and he's not as fun to destroy with in my opinion. But if you like him, Epsilon, then go ahead and use him. You could surprise people with knowing how to use probably the most nerfed character in the game.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
When every one of your moves except Falcon Punch gets outprioritized by Metaknight's held A, you have problem. If you don't notice stuff like that then pay attention more.

Oh and I almost forgot. Falcon seems to be fighting for low tier but many see him as bottom tier. BananaTrooper says that he can beat Legan's Link pretty much every match with Falcon, so since Legan is one of the better Links out there from what I've heard, that might give us reason to believe that Falcon is NOT the worst character in the game. However the development of Brawl is still in the early stages so we won't really know where he sits for a long time. At this point in time though it looks like he ISN'T the worst character (I for one find DK and Ganondorf to be worse but I'm not even going to get into that debate again).
I don't wanna give people the wrong impression. Legan is an amazing Link, but the character has some serious weaknesses against falcon. Primarily, Link's recovery = open invitation for uair/up b gimp. So while falcon might have something going for him against Link, Falcon will still have all his old problems against just about anybody else.

Also, for the record, the matches were quite close. Key's making it sound like I beat him no sweat, which isn't true (I wish it was :)). Most of the matches come down to last stocks.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I don't wanna give people the wrong impression. Legan is an amazing Link, but the character has some serious weaknesses against falcon. Primarily, Link's recovery = open invitation for uair/up b gimp. So while falcon might have something going for him against Link, Falcon will still have all his old problems against just about anybody else.

Also, for the record, the matches were quite close. Key's making it sound like I beat him no sweat, which isn't true (I wish it was :)). Most of the matches come down to last stocks.
lol You still beat him whether it was close or not. Ours are close (well most of the time at least lol) but you still win everytime pretty much. Closeness isn't that big of a deal, wins v. losses is. I think it's still quite an accomplishment. :)

Would you say that Link > Falcon? If not then my "Falcon's not the worst in the game" statement holds up.

Iwan

Smash Ace
lol You still beat him whether it was close or not. Ours are close (well most of the time at least lol) but you still win everytime pretty much. Closeness isn't that big of a deal, wins v. losses is. I think it's still quite an accomplishment. :)

Would you say that Link > Falcon? If not then my "Falcon's not the worst in the game" statement holds up.
That's not necessarily true Key. I think what banana trooper is saying is that Although Falcon is a bad matchup for Link, Link still has way more "favorable" matchups against a lot of other characters, as opposed to Falcon, who has a select few "favorable" matchups.

Not that I agree with that assessment, but i think deciding on who a better character is in this game comes down to who has more favorable matchups overall.

lol..../rant :p.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I dunno. I think if the "worst character in the game" has a good matchup against you, that kind of negates a few better matchups on your end. lol I dunno. It's all so complicated. I just want the first tier to come out already. lol

KAi!!

Smash Rookie
I'm actually really unsure at this point. Link has great control over his projectiles, plus he has a sword and clawshot. He outranges falcon easily. But holy hell, he might as well not have a recovery against falcon. Once Link is a fair distance out there, I really dont see anything that can stop a well timed and spaced uair (if timing for uair is thrown off by a nair/fair, dive works wonders). Falcon can also pressure his opponents better. I really wish I had coulda saved the replays (all of em over 3 mins long).

another note, legan didn't camp me. If he had decided to sit back and spam his projectiles at me all day (he used them a fair bit, but definetly didnt spam), things mighta been different.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I dunno. I think if the "worst character in the game" has a good matchup against you, that kind of negates a few better matchups on your end. lol I dunno. It's all so complicated. I just want the first tier to come out already. lol
True dat man...lol.

EDIT**--And Banana Trooper, is That^ (above post), your new posting account?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Hmmm I see your point. I guess we'll see when the tiers come out because the BRoomers sure have a better perspective than I do (I hope lol).

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
True dat man...lol.

EDIT**--And Banana Trooper, is That^ (above post), your new posting account?
Lol, I made that account just in case Id want it later. :) It was actually a mistake, I was gonna post with this acc. I'll be using BananaTrooper.

Top Bottom