• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Capcom VS All Stars Mafia - Miracles don't exist (Mafia wins)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah praline, I can't believe you made us LOSE. And not like, a hundred other variables. :p

Just do what I do: when you lose, blame everyone else. Feels much better. :awesome:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Besides, the only way the mafia could've been stopped is if someone figured out Ram was a scum redirector and told Cori to NEVER use the vig kill.

From the looks of it, no one did, so our victory was guaranteed.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Though admittedly, Cori got really damn close on the second night.

She figured out that Natz and I acting the way we did was but a play and was planning on going for Ram the next day.

If she had backed down from using her vig shot, I'd have been legit worried for mafia.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Who would have guessed, the lady screaming in all caps about going on a murderous rampage was the best one among us.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Who would have guessed, the lady screaming in all caps about going on a murderous rampage was the best one among us.
She even took me down through pure RNG on a day where I didn't have as much time to defend myself because of work.

That's low, that's cheap, that's dirty, that makes me salty as heck.

But I also love it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Honestly, this game was also won thanks to a lot of luck. Literally everything happened to be in Mafia's favor. Even Uni deciding to pop his head in while Cori got nuclear was a blessing in disguise.

Besides, the only way the mafia could've been stopped is if someone figured out Ram was a scum redirector and told Cori to NEVER use the vig kill.

From the looks of it, no one did, so our victory was guaranteed.
White did. He outright told me I was Mafia in PM, but he never read my answer so I think he never had the chance to talk to Cori about it.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Honestly, this game was also won thanks to a lot of luck. Literally everything happened to be in Mafia's favor. Even Uni deciding to pop his head in while Cori got nuclear was a blessing in disguise.
I had no fear of death.

At this point, my roleblocks were actually pointless since AEM, the other one with blocking abilities, would be dead and we still had our strongwoman in case the kill target would've been bodyguarded. Town was utterly defenseless.

Not to mention that I've said a few times in the PM that our triple kill plan would still work and grant us victory even if one of us died.

The irony of me being that "one" is certainly not lost on me, but it was worth it.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
White did. He outright told me I was Mafia in PM, but he never read my answer so I think he never had the chance to talk to Cori about it.
Unless he gave her a card to prove his role, which isn't the case because he actually gave one to vaan (:laugh:), I'm not sure if she would've trusted him...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
With that said, it's really interesting to see how much I progressed in these games. Almost like this was my character development arc.

First game (Animafia) - Tripped a lot after saying "hearing aids" (it makes sense in context) and got hostkilled because of an error.

Second game (Fate/Mafia) - I just played HORRIBLY in this one. Spread lies and deceit despite being townie and would've gotten killed if the last scum didn't make a ridiculous fake claim.

Third game (Mafia Ball Z) - The fact that I'm the only third-party win in this group, with a bad role like Survivor at that, is proof enough that I did good on this one. This was the beginning of my redemption after two ****ty plays.

Fourth game (PokéMafia) - This was my redemption from Fate/Mafia, proving how good I can be as a townie in order to help others take down the scum. Even had a foolproof plan to prove Chu's watching ability claim which ultimately busted him as the last scum.

Fifth game (Platinum End FFA) - "Breakout villain" is the best way to describe me here. Managed to get away with being the first one to shed blood for the entire game. Wasn't even on anyone's radar despite the fact that I was among the suspicious claims. Had I not cracked under pressure at the end, I could've given either myself or Natz the win.

This game (Capcom All-Stars Mafia) - First game as scum and damn, what a game it was. Despite never using my abilities, I had a lot of impact. Planned the Swamp kill on day one to incriminate Chu with the classic "let's set a tie to prove the mayor" strategy and manipulated AEM into blocking White so that my faction kill on Z could get through. And by the time I died, I had already outlived my usefulness, so even though the randomness of it makes me salty, I was also fine with it.

Essentially, I went from "that guy who trips a lot" to "Be Wary of All Unis" :laugh:

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
oh wow we won~

and we destroyed capcom in the process and sold off all their ips

.....something tells me thats not fully a bad thing

anyway yay katt killed 3 people and got away with it~
I'm sorry for this, but I just had to :lol:
lol XD
pretty much XD sometimes emotions springs out the truth in dire

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Though admittedly, Cori got really damn close on the second night.

She figured out that Natz and I acting the way we did was but a play and was planning on going for Ram the next day.

If she had backed down from using her vig shot, I'd have been legit worried for mafia.
I was going to start targeting Ram the next day as well because Praline and I were discussing about either Ram or Vaan. Glad to know that I was right about my suspiciousness with them.

But seriously...what the **** just happened here that caused the whole thing to go down? lmao

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I was going to start targeting Ram the next day as well because Praline and I were discussing about either Ram or Vaan. Glad to know that I was right about my suspiciousness with them.

But seriously...what the **** just happened here that caused the whole thing to go down? lmao
Long story short, Ram redirected Coricus' vigilante shot to Chu, killing them both since Chu was the bomb.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The longer story involves the fact that we did our damn best to purposefully make Natz as suspicious as possible on both day 2 and night 2 to convice Coricus that the vig shot would be worth doing on her, not to mention three entire phases' worth of planning for that very scenario.

The only thing that really didn't go as plan was my death, but the fact that the jailer died made my death a moot point for my teammates and a bittersweet moment for the town since the mafia could no longer be stopped.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Intense enough to have the whole game last 2 days and 44 pages.

That's more intense than any Survivor game that I've hosted here lmao

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
this was just a special case lol

but ya you can expect crap (though less planned crap but still somewhat planned crap) like this

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Have to admit that I was surprised there was 5 mafias instead of an assumed number of 3 for some reason. Isn't mafia supposed to be the minority one-third while the other two-third are the townies or other parties?

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
usually more like a 1/5 1/4

in pralines there was 4 out of 18

in standard tehres 3 out of 15

so thats just typically how things go, game was still fairly big

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Jojalole Jojalole Could you give me a RIP PM Invite?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wow. Town REALLY sucks. Y'all are no fun so I left the party.

Okay so Natz suicide fail and Vannorose(by chance I sent card) made me realise them 2 are most likely mafia, especially since Natz and Uni acted too same at the start and the fact that Vaan chose to protect Natz.

But shish at first had suspicious but as time went on more and more thought they are probs town.

Ramone this early I never would have guessed they were mafia.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wow. Town REALLY sucks. Y'all are no fun so I left the party.
In all fairness, town didn't suck this time around. Mafia was just freaking amazing, combining both incredible power and frightening competence.

I think this game shall go down in history as a game in which the mafia didn't suck. And perhaps we also set a good example for future mafias to follow.

Okay so Natz suicide fail and Vannorose(by chance I sent card) made me realise them 2 are most likely mafia, especially since Natz and Uni acted too same at the start and the fact that Vaan chose to protect Natz.

But shish at first had suspicious but as time went on more and more thought they are probs town.

Ramone this early I never would have guessed they were mafia.
That's not what I've seen in the PMs. You actually guessed Ram on night 2.

In fact, you'd have known 3 of the 4 scums if the triple kill failed, giving town an incredible advantage had they listened to you.

Really, night 2 was the huge moment of the game; had the mafia's plan failed, Ram would've been desperado'd by Cori on day 3 and you'd already be aware of two more scums, vaan and Natz, one of them likely being the one voted off.

Without the redirector and with only two of them left by night 3, mafia could've easily lost the game had Cori chosen to hold back on night 2.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
@Coricus

We killed the town. Together! Just like how it should always be. XOXO EmbarrassEmbarrassEmbarrass

Top Bottom