• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cant take the taunt parties anymore

Do you like taunt parties

• Total voters

HashSlingingSlasher

Smash Rookie
I swear I cant join a single match without a taunt party
they are not fun or cool they are annoying.
its impossible to do anything because if I attack they gang up on me
(they play my character just to torture me :crying:)
and its boring to play along
either I get better and stop these ******** (yes they are ******** for what online brawl has come to)
or I just quit brawl and I am not quitting
I swear i could kick their ass 1v1 but together i can do anything unless i do meta knight and Im thinkig about switching to meta knight just for the taunt parties
what do u guys think about taunt parties

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Playing versus randoms sucks anyways. Just trade friend codes and play 1v1's more, and all your problems are solved. Or get good at 3v1's.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
You're just jealous that we waste your time taunting you on Hyrule Temple like the salty-free hoogaburrglurr that you are.
Besides, wifi sucks anyways.
Why play there when you know that half of your reflexes goes down the drain?
Taunt Parties are like heaven.

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
Basic Brawl is so terribly laggy anyway. If someone picks Temple or New Pork City it's almost impossible to play a serious match anyway. But if the opponents wants a serious match then I'll brawl for real. If they want a taunt party, then I let them have it. I can have some fun gliding around the stage.

Toon Link 99

Smash Cadet
Basic Brawl is so terribly laggy anyway. If someone picks Temple or New Pork City it's almost impossible to play a serious match anyway. But if the opponents wants a serious match then I'll brawl for real. If they want a taunt party, then I let them have it. I can have some fun gliding around the stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I never ran across taunt parties (perhaps once or twice, can't remember), but if I happen to be in one, I will simply kick my opponents' asses like always.

Basically, I force them to play.

HashSlingingSlasher

Smash Rookie
really the only times i do basic brawl is to see if i can kick their ass. usually i dont. Ive been in a taunt party before its boring as hell and whenever somebody acually fights they are ganged up on like they have done something wrong. the point of basic brawl is to fight not to do taunts until the game ends and jump off the stage in sudden death.

oats_

Smash Apprentice
Taunt parties are for autistic children. If they want to sit around taunting they should play a mindless game like minecraft. At least there the normal gameplay is having a big circle-jerk amongst one another.

Better yet, play Project M and exchange friendcodes with others.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Taunt parties are for autistic children. If they want to sit around taunting they should play a mindless game like minecraft. At least there the normal gameplay is having a big circle-jerk amongst one another.

Better yet, play Project M and exchange friendcodes with others.
My younger sister is autistic, and she can destroy me (using Ike...) and has performed fairly well at tournaments with me (using Fox though, Ike is too slow)!

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
The reason why we LOVE taunt parties are because of ****s like you that gets too mad over something as ******** as this.
Why don't you go and do what Frostwraith would do; force them to actually play the damn game.
You say that it's autistic, and yet you can't even manage to fend them off.
If it was that lame, it would be because you always managed to find a pattern and whoop their asses.
Suck it up oats, and taunt party hard.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, fighting on Basic Brawl sucks for the sole fact that you can only battle in time matches and not stock matches. :rolleyes: Out of all my friends and cousins that play brawl with me, NONE of them like time matches and only like stock matches. Either just stick with offline matches or if you wanna play online then friend matches is the way to go! :evil:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In my online experience, a majority of taunters are trolls. I only do taunt matches because I don't want to get ganged up on. I can take on a team of 3 when I use Meta Knight, but not when they decide to feed one player kills by commiting suicide every single time they take damage from a fellow taunter. Sadly, trolls will be trolls, there isn't you can do about it, at least in the Brawl with Anyone online mode.

Tell me how Minecraft is mindless, have you even tried it?

Uranium235

Smash Cadet
The major problem i think taunt parties have is theres no fun in playing. Winning isnt the problem, its just no fun and a plain waste of time

Basic Brawl. You play when you really want to waste your time. Literally, pick a character that can do stuff and randomly do it on your own. Snake for example is quite fun on Hyrule as you attempt to duelist solo.

Regular FC fights. Where you test your ability to not give a **** about whatever happens.

Offline. Where all the gold in oz is located.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Taunt parties are for ******s who are to p**** to fight 1 on 1, and like to make friends with other ******s who they will NEVER meet.

You wanna F up their day join the club of hacking and beat the **** out of them with Giga Bowser/Wario man then disconnect them. Lmao.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't mind it if I'm with a friendly Peach or someone who I like (I rarely taunt though), but I prefer to fight alone, and am likely to pick fights with characters I don't like, even if it's a taunt party knowing that I'm likely to be ganged up on. Besides, it only lets me expose them to be the cowards that they are, that they can't hold their own without ganging up on someone, or without the need of a top tier or noob stage, and of course items if they're present... In other words, they can't hold their own in a simple standard 1v1.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Actually it's kinda wrong.
Most of them are actually good players who just taunt party because they know that wifi is **** and that anybody taking Basic Brawl too seriously is just ******** as ****.
It wouldnt matter if you pick Metaknight to crash the party, because if you mess with someone who's good (and that your MK is actually **** because all you mofos would do would probably spam B with yo' *****), you're just gonna get your **** wrecked.

What im trying to say is:
All of you "Smash Apprentice" people that ***** around saying that people in BB are noobies are just bad lol.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do it for practice when I don't have the right 1v1 players to practice with. In all the garbage in there that I put up with, it helps me improve my 1v2 situations in dubs and item management/glidetossing for when said situations come about. Unfortunately most of them elitists don't see the potential of practice that being in bb sometimes does help with some things as strange as it sounds.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
LOL Honestly, anyone who's still complaining about taunt parties for the past 5 five years needs to just get off Basic Brawl and exchange friend codes with other ppl. They're never going to go away. :p I remember when I first went online.. I used to always b**** and moan about almost never being able to find a competitive match.. that is until I started exchanging friend codes with other ppl. Ever since then, I haven't been on Basic Brawl since forever. :b: Friend matches, guys, give it a shot!

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
What im trying to say is:
All of you "Smash Apprentice" people that ***** around saying that people in BB are noobies are just bad lol.
Im guessing that makes you terrible since it takes you and two other players to take down someone who you ASSUME is bad.

LOL Honestly, anyone who's still complaining about taunt parties for the past 5 five years needs to just get off Basic Brawl and exchange friend codes with other ppl. They're never going to go away. :p I remember when I first went online.. I used to always b**** and moan about almost never being able to find a competitive match.. that is until I started exchanging friend codes with other ppl. Ever since then, I haven't been on Basic Brawl since forever. :b: Friend matches, guys, give it a shot!
I hate the fact that you have to actually search for players and their FCs on the internet instead of directly from the game itself. Sakurai cares way to much about online safety.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Im guessing that makes you terrible since it takes you and two other players to take down someone who you ASSUME is bad.
I wouldnt need anyone.
My rest would be enough to take you down.

Oh, btw, would you be so kind as to tell me what's "clawing"?
I mean... you seem to really know it right?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I wouldnt need anyone.
My rest would be enough to take you down.

Oh, btw, would you be so kind as to tell me what's "clawing"?
I mean... you seem to really know it right?
Well then im guessing that makes you pretty stupid if u think you could even take a stock off of Falco or MK with one of the worst characters in the game.

Nd to answer your question "clawing" is a position in which you hold the controller, such as shaping your right hand relative to a claw and placing your fingers on the face of the controller. Javi (Top 5Fox main) uses this tactic in melee. Although, knowing you by now Im sure you don't even know who that is.

You're welcome

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
@ChickenWing13 @Desu~: That's enough with the insults, don't continue this argument any further.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Oh that's "clawing"?
Never actually thought it would have that kind of term.

@Gatlin There weren't insults, really.
Well, it kinda looked like it was...
Actually, it was in the end.
But it's pretty much of a fact.
If people gets THIS irritated because that said person is not able to manage opponents in BB, they just have a lack of professionalism.
That was the point i wanted to give, but in a radical way.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
If you don't like them just don't go into random games, play 1v1 and exchange friend codes if you want to play online. I like playing online but it can make me frustrated with LAG and basically make me lose a match.

Kyo Kyle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4468-1456-3061
really the only times i do basic brawl is to see if i can kick their ***. usually i dont. Ive been in a taunt party before its boring as hell and whenever somebody acually fights they are ganged up on like they have done something wrong. the point of basic brawl is to fight not to do taunts until the game ends and jump off the stage in sudden death.
Hello Hashslingingslasher,

I enjoy Taunt Parties myself to be completely honest, I find myself laughing at some of the stupid things that people may do on there or to me myself. If you hate taunt parties, I suggest you find friend codes to do 1v1s, you may be able to find online matches for Brawl that don't lagg, if you and your friends improve connection, you may experience less lagg, although, im unsure of this being true. Often, when i get bored on Basic Brawl, I found a way to ask for 1v1s on BB Games with more than one opponent, if you wanna know, you can ask me :)

Sakurai might counter taunt parties and add more options for online play, think about how Brawl was the first game to feature online play, when Halo 3 forge came out, it was pretty great, and made a big jump in Halo Reach. The Wii U also has new capabilities, so maybe taunt parties will decrease if there is no lagg for SSB 4, it is partly why i did Taunt Parties

Besides that, it is WAY to laggy to play online, and playing with 3-4 people is TOO common, many people like 1v1s, but it is difficult to get them, and even when playing on Basic Brawl, and trying to, well, if you do, you get cpus in your games, or huge lagg, many times, online is unplayable, and some people don't have interest in getting jumped by 3 people, especially in lagg. The easy way out is to mess around.

If you are interested, I'll take your friend code and Brawl you, I'm looking for some. :D

The major problem i think taunt parties have is theres no fun in playing. Winning isnt the problem, its just no fun and a plain waste of time
I see your point there, even though I enjoy them, if you don't make the most out of them though to pick 1v1 fights through communicating with taunts, and ONLY taunt, then you ARE technically, wasting your time. BB can be used though to your advantage, including for grinding off other people, despite many factors.
Oh that's "clawing"?
Never actually thought it would have that kind of term.

@Gatlin There weren't insults, really.
Well, it kinda looked like it was...
Actually, it was in the end.
But it's pretty much of a fact.
If people gets THIS irritated because that said person is not able to manage opponents in BB, they just have a lack of professionalism.
That was the point i wanted to give, but in a radical way.
80% of the people I find on Basic Brawl I beat on 1v1s, despite how there is SOME or LITTLE lagg in the fights, and even if im paired up with 3 people that jump me, I actually know how to separate them and damage each person little by little. I still lose sometimes if I am jumped, but put up a good fight, if you know what i mean.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I get ganged up on a lot, and it's shameful when they do it as generic characters (Ex: Zelda Dins spam with high/top tiers or any character in close combat with you) with lame stages (Temple and FD all day much?) + items, and I'm just a Pit/Bowser. It is satisfying to put shame onto those losers who think they're good during a gangup, but fail, especially when they feed each other kills.

Sure I do join in on gangups on occasion if someone's interrupting my relaxing time with a friendly player who knows me well (as in we see each other a lot), but I surely don't taunt much at all, and compared to most of those guys, I can hold my own a lot by myself.

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
I always thought taunt party kids were just really insecure little kids that are over sensitive when it comes to losing so they dont fight at all. Im 100% certain this is true. Just get better and kick their asses, its not like theyre difficult to beat, even in a 3v1. All they do is roll and spam smash attacks lol. I can break up pretty much any taunt party thrown at me, unless they have items on, but even then I have a high success rate. In fact.. the only reason I join basic brawl is to break up taunt parties lol. Its a lot of fun if youre good enough. I've made a ton of taunt party kids rage (who wouldnt get mad losing a 3v1?) and eventually make them all ragequit and find another game where they can act like idiots. One thing that's fun is to beat them until one of them leaves, then when a new person comes in do that gay little squat thing taunters do to the newbie then start attacking the older 2. Theres a decent chance you'll get a 2v2 going and it makes the taunters soooooo mad haha. IMO theres nothing more rewarding about wifi than making an entire taunt party rage quit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That explains the 2 spammy Zeldas I've just fought, picking on my poor Bowser, then gets beaten by my Pit, and this was with items on. I normally just win and leave though, but I should consider beating em over and over til one quits and see how it turns out.
And never trust a Ness/Lucas team, or the majority of Kirbys and Zeldas to help clear confusion. There's always something about many of em that would love to attack if you hit someone else.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
And never trust a Ness/Lucas team, or the majority of Kirbys and Zeldas to help clear confusion. There's always something about many of em that would love to attack if you hit someone else.
^^^^^^
****ing. This.

I always don't know what's with those zeldas.
The moment you just accidentally graze them or hit them when they get in your way in the first place, they get into this sudden rage and wants you dead for no reason.

And as a side note, you know you're trash when you can't even manage to gang up against a Jigglypuff.
Just sayin'.

Ronmasta

Smash Rookie
Personally, I like being in taunt parties sometimes just to play around when I get bored of normally fighting on Basic Brawl, even though there are times that I even like to start a 3v1 so that I can practice taking on more than just 1 opponent and have an awesome laugh from utterly :smash: smashing [no pun intended, but maybe I just tried too hard here] the ones who "say" that they are too good to be trying their best. The nerve of some overconfident people, eh :cool: (Wonder if this will be taken too literally). However, I'm that neutralist guy in the taunt party that pretty much just takes advantage of experimenting with a few features or just staying to myself until someone is "Seriously" trying to man-hunt me. I'll even play a dodging game with them until I see that they are really in it to pursue me, lol.

Other than that, most people have already stated the easiest solution to this though; Just find a more convenient group of people to play online with using FCs. Or there's always hacking, though I don't personally recommend it...

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Well, you hack to mess around.
Not going around on a killstreak and then saying that your good.
Because that guy would be like, the worst trash.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Ugh I hate people who use hacks to win. Half of those players still suck even with them and don't know how to control Gigabowser and Warioman. :laugh:

Which reminds me. One time, there was a Gigabowser in my group on the Norfair stage. I was playing as Pit and I sniped him with an arrow. He got mad and started chasing me. When he tried to aerial attack me, he SDed himself, but I got a point for it.. wtf. Gigabowser doesn't sustain damage so why would I get a point for killing him? Was that a glitch? :confused: Anyways, he wouldn't stop chasing me but he didn't know how to control Gigabowser so he utterly fails. :joyful:I kept gliding under the stage and edgeguarding the ledge. Sad how people resort to hacks in order to win.

Top Bottom