• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Stand Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same? When ever i get on to play i always have a lot of lag. And sometimes its just barely any. but it all seems to throw my game off. Sorry just venting of how mad i am at the online play of this game...:(

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same? When ever i get on to play i always have a lot of lag. And sometimes its just barely any. but it all seems to throw my game off. Sorry just venting of how mad i am at the online play of this game...:(
Get the LAN adapter. I use it, and I never lag.

Although you will always lag with idiots that are a mile away from their router.

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
Get the LAN adapter. I use it, and I never lag.

Although you will always lag with idiots that are a mile away from their router.
Yea i heard it doesnt do any good. Also if am using(Lan Adapter) and the other person(WiFi) isnt wont there be bad lag still?

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I've got the LAN adapter and my friend has the LAN adapter, and we are right down the street from each other with 15 MBPS down on our connections each, and we still get delay. Brawl's online game is just fail.

ron561

Smash Journeyman
Lan adapter gives you a wired connection over a wireless connectiong which allows for faster speeds.Wireless can be interefered with and can still be used while you are on Brawl which can slow you down.

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
well looks like i will just ignore the wifi. I wasnt planing on it being good anyways. I rather play against people in real life getting better experience and meeting new people. I will still play the "with anyone mode" just in case i need something to do :)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Lan adapter gives you a wired connection over a wireless connectiong which allows for faster speeds.Wireless can be interefered with and can still be used while you are on Brawl which can slow you down.
That's why I recommended the LAN adapter. It's like, $30.00, and a perfectly sensible purchase.

I've got the LAN adapter and my friend has the LAN adapter, and we are right down the street from each other with 15 MBPS down on our connections each, and we still get delay. Brawl's online game is just fail.
Nope. I play with my friends in Tenese, all of them using wireless, and almost NEVER lag. I'm not sure whats up for you.

Tenki

Smash Hero
suggestion (for anyone complaining about lag):

-post what kind of internet connection you have
-post what kind of internet connection your opponents have
-make sure noone was downloading anything
-make sure the problems are universal (vs more than one person).

against one guy i played against, we had a no-lag game up until our second match, and we started spiking unbelievably. he wasn't downloading anything, and we both had high-speed connections. he decided that brawl's wfc sucked. i went on to play with another player. tada- little/no lag again. meanwhile, he was still in the chat room complaining about lag.

the problem was his own connection. he restarted his modem and didn't complain again.

also, if you're using wireless, watch out for microwaves. they interfere with wireless connections.

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
suggestion (for anyone complaining about lag):

-post what kind of internet connection you have
-post what kind of internet connection your opponents have
-make sure noone was downloading anything
-make sure the problems are universal (vs more than one person).

against one guy i played against, we had a no-lag game up until our second match, and we started spiking unbelievably. he wasn't downloading anything, and we both had high-speed connections. he decided that brawl's wfc sucked. i went on to play with another player. tada- little/no lag again. meanwhile, he was still in the chat room complaining about lag.

the problem was his own connection. he restarted his modem and didn't complain again.

also, if you're using wireless, watch out for microwaves. they interfere with wireless connections.
am not really(not trying to) complain about the lag. I mean its great that brawl has wifi its just i was getting pissed that i was lagging like a mofo. Some days i get perfect connections other days its just bad. It was one of those bad days...

Mewter

Smash Master
am not really(not trying to) complain about the lag. I mean its great that brawl has wifi its just i was getting pissed that i was lagging like a mofo. Some days i get perfect connections other days its just bad. It was one of those bad days...
I get lag too, And it bothers me a lot! People (n00bs: AKA, a lot of people) I would have beaten in real-time are just KOing me like there's no tomorrow.

ytv

Smash Apprentice
For me lag rarely happens, the delay isn't too much of a problem. At first I couldn't get use to it but now it feels like normal game play. Just try to play people within your area ( east coast etc ) there shouldn't be that much lag.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
well looks like i will just ignore the wifi. I wasnt planing on it being good anyways. I rather play against people in real life getting better experience and meeting new people. I will still play the "with anyone mode" just in case i need something to do :)
Online play means almost nothing
Its like CS People will tell you 100% of the time DO-IT ON LAN!,
And the reason for that is even if your not lagging your framing, and if your not framing your lagging. Even a .2 Second delay means everything in a game where a tilt and a Smash are less the a CM away on the Controller and every bit of air on the return can decide if you recover or not.

Do it on LAN folks.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I just ****ing hate the wifi, first I though lag wasn't bad because I was playing against americans, then I played against European player assuming that there wouldn't be lag, of course there is, no difference.
There's no way to have serious matches because of lag, it's not fun at all, I've had ONE match with little lag out of other 50 matches I've played.
Just **** it, I'm gonna try Lag Alleviation Thread

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Hey Novice, I tried playing you today but the lag was indeed too much. It's just plain bullcrap to keep playing sometimes. I've had matches where nearly every fsmash from Ike would connect, because the lag started before the hit and ended after the opponent was nearly dead.

Infinite_Gamer

Smash Cadet
I have a ton of LAG and no one has beat me yet

I have a 2 Mega Bit Per Second Conection and I live in westren Canada
suggestions on fixing my lag plz?

I am also looking for some decent competion

will anyone on the west cost please email me there friend code

Mine is: 5155-2643-8210

Infinite_Gamer

Smash Cadet
If your trying to be helpful

your comeing off as an anoying n00b

I know the TV stuff. I got used to some Tv's lag back when Melle come out and I can beat classic on hard without dieing with 3 lives with a laggy TV. I purposly trained with small laggy TV's to further my skills.

Plz stop replying to my posts until you give me your friend code and fight me with MGAW or kirby or what ever other crap carecter you are in love with.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
OMG LYK, U BIT CLASSIC ON HARDZ??????????? HOW U DO??????????????????????????????????? plz teach me

idiot.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
Online Brawl is a different game from offline Brawl. If you're being beaten online by people you could beat offline, it's because they're better than you at online Brawl, not because they're n00bs and lag is helping them out.

[sarcasm]

On a note more relevant to the current discussion, I too would love to know how to beat classic on hard. [/sarcasm]

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
OMG LYK, U BIT CLASSIC ON HARDZ??????????? HOW U DO??????????????????????????????????? plz teach me

idiot.
dahh how is that hard intense is hard and wi-fi makes u worse at the game dont play it

Infinite_Gamer

Smash Cadet
hi *******

please send me a video of you beating Super smash bros. "Melee" on hard with out continueing on a 20 inch Plasma screen TV

have a nice life and good luck with your common law marriage with your mom and stuff :D

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You're way too dumb to be 19, please tell me that your age in your profile is actually 14 or lower. kthx. enjoy your WIFI brawl LOLOLOOLOL

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I love WiFi. As long as both players have a decent internet connection, there shouldn't be any noticable lag. I've played people in California without noticing any delay at all.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
These, I mean this topic has no more meaning since eight months ago. So Infinite_Gamer, why did you bump this thread?
Yeah for real, don't topics like delete or something after not being posted in after X months? I'm still kinda new here so I have not noticed stuff like that yet, but I was surprised at the thread's age.

I think Infinite_Gamer is someone else in disguise, maybe that weirdo that kept posting about peeing in someone's house or whatever. <.<

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
Look, lag sucks but we have to accept it and sometimes it's acceptable because of course your not the only who is lagging as well as your oppenents. You sometims have the upper hand if your fight sort of fine while lagging.

Infinite_Gamer

Smash Cadet
I am the Infinite Gamer

Often emulated never duplicated

and the only place I like to pee is my toliet

further more I have been reading this site for a good year or so

browsing what you people do and such and reading competive info on smash

it has been only now that I chose to join this site to seek out new competion

if your still unsure of the truth PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom