• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't run or fastfall on console

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Anyone have this problem after switching from online to console? I f-tilt like 20 times a game when it's meant to be a dash attack (yoshi) and I miss just as many fastfalls.

I honestly don't know why a lack of frame delay ****s me up so much haha.

edit: I can go from 5 frames (server) to 2 frames (p2p) and not have these issues, so I just don't understand why going from 2 frames to no frames would be any different.

Superstar

Smash Champion
It could be a difference in settings, or the controller is old.

Console tends to be picky with this stuff, I think. I dunno.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah i use the same controller.

I'm thinking it's that pj64 is a lot more sensitive to the joystick. Apparently you have to slam the joystick on the console to run/fastfall which I'm not used to doing. It's really frustrating.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
That's normal, lol.
Not only the absence of delay/lag may be annoying if you're used to online Smash, but PJ has imho horrible deadzones. It's just too different from the console

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
I feel its easier to run on console, just my experience. It depends on your deadzone settins and controller plugin i believe.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Because of your settings.

Your PJ64k settings might be a bit more sensitive than the console settings.

Means it might work old controllers better than console.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Well my controller is pritty ****ty but why wouldn't I have trouble online with it?
If your controller had you missing dashes online, wouldn't you tweak the settings so it worked better? And if the settings were already more sensitive... then yeah, what Superstar said.

I've been scavenging for N64 controllers, now that I'm back in Toronto over the holidays, and I found a sweet store that sells all kinds of oldschool game equipment, but they only had ONE out of maybe 15 N64 controllers that had a new-feeling joystick. So I tested it out in-store with some Falcon combos and got it. I have like 5 controllers just for smash now :laugh:

I'm sure you can find one for fairly cheap that feels new in terms of joystick tightness, at game stores nearby... You could also try ordering new joysticks, but I tried that with a friend who also wanted one and we haven't even received any confirmation of the order, he hasn't even been billed for it yet (thankfully). And we ordered a few weeks ago now, from that site through PJ64's site.

Does Nintendo still sell controllers for some odd reason? I mean, they still sell GC controllers, but arguably the GC isn't dead, Twilight Princess came out on GC, the Wii plays all GC games, and virtual console games are playable with GC controller. N64, they have no real reason to sell anymore unless they have a ton of stock leftover, but I could swear I heard it's possible to order from them.

Yup my posts will be longer but less frequent thanks to less computer use over the break :psycho:

mikeyfbi

Smash Cadet
I hate the exact opposite problem. I ftilt when I try to smash 20 times a game ONLINE...but console I have no problems.

I'm trying to mess with my controller settings in PJ but so far to no avail. It's really pissing me off O_o

Top Bottom