• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Bair and the strong horizontal hitbox in usmash. Bair may be easy to land but it's really satisfying to land. The speed, the impact, the fact that you can land it numerous times in a row, so good. Horizontal hitbox on usmash was beautiful to land during a dacus. Also, pummel was fun to 'land'. Kneeing someone in the gut while having spiked kneecaps.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Let's pretend the "can fit 6 more characters" thing never happened. While getting 6 more characters would be a lovely endeavor, it also sets our hopes a little high--we don't know exactly how many characters we'll be getting, but better to keep our expectations low.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Let's pretend the "can fit 6 more characters" thing never happened. While getting 6 more characters would be a lovely endeavor, it also sets our hopes a little high--we don't know exactly how many characters we'll be getting, but better to keep our expectations low.
I disagree. Three character slots have been datamined, and Nintendo has only just now closed the ballot.
I'm guessing that the next three will be Wolf, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. Then, we'll get several more characters based off the ballot results.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
6 more characters? When did this rumor come about? Is this another leak?

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Another long update this upcoming Monday to Wii U online (and Monster Hunter).

HUE HUE GUYS WE KNOZ WHAT THIS MEANS-MONSTER HUNTER GUY CHROMFIRMED!
I mentioned before how Nintendo has been too quiet as of late. Who knows what's up but something should come out of them eventually. Not good for a business to be hush-hush all the time.
:132:All they're doing is giving Microsoft and Sony the advantage point,what with Halo 5,Fallout 4 and everything else.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I disagree. Three character slots have been datamined, and Nintendo has only just now closed the ballot.
I'm guessing that the next three will be Wolf, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. Then, we'll get several more characters based off the ballot results.
The "six more characters" thing is about as reliable as the twitter leaks we've been getting, random statements based on speculation that people take too seriously. Six would be nice, but with the information we have now three is more likely.

I'll take the hard info from a dataminer over the four frame speculation. Besides, better to be pleasantly surprised than sorely disappointed.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
The "six more characters" thing is about as reliable as the twitter leaks we've been getting, random statements based on speculation that people take too seriously. Six would be nice, but with the information we have now three is more likely.

I'll take the hard info from a dataminer over the four frame speculation. Besides, better to be pleasantly surprised than sorely disappointed.
I'm thinking 4, so Sakurai can release another Dlc character 4-Pack.

D

Deleted member

Fsmash has such a beautiful amount of range. If he gets back in Smash 4 I have sinking feeling they'll decrease it or add more lag to it or something.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman

Agreed. Normally, I'm decent at keeping myself from being affected by rumours without real evidence, but this last series of Twitter teasing was so hyped up, I'm honestly pretty bummed out. Just going to expect little to nothing at this point, and if/when something officially comes, hey, I'll be as excited as the rest.

Now as far as Wolf is concerned, he was never a main or secondary for me, more just someone to have fun with, but I definitely hope he makes a return (especially for my nephew who did main him). His sweet-spot flash was very satisfying to land, and he offered a much different feel from Fox and Falco for sure; was a great option.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
What do you all think is Wolf's most satisfying move to land?

I'd say sweetspotted Wolf Flash or his up smash.
There's something really satisfying about getting a kill with uptilt.

Probably has to do with the animation and watching opponents go straight up when they get hit that makes it satisfying.

Of course sweet spotted Wolf Flash is the most satisfying out of everything for good reason.

Down Smash kills are also pretty satisfying.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey everyone. Isn't tomorrow the day the ballot first opened last year? Do you think we'll get some news then?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Hey everyone. Isn't tomorrow the day the ballot first opened last year? Do you think we'll get some news then?
Tomorrow marks 1 year since the 50 fact extravaganza thing happened and when Mewtwo was revealed. This is probably what you might have been thinking.

Looking back, I guess you could say it marked the beginning of DLC but the ballot didn't start until April 1st which was previously said.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
So random thoughts here feel free to ignore.

I've never been to this thread even though I'm a huge Wolf supporter (he'd have gotten all my votes had it not been for the IC's), but I was just wondering what everyone else thought of his kit? Now I'm not here to say that he's a clone, because he's obvious not, but I did personally find it disappointing to see all four of his specials follow the similar: projectile, multi-directional recovery, quick horizontal recovery, reflector pattern that the other spacies had. Personally, I'd love to hear some new ideas concerning Wolf's specials. Anyone got any?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

I've never been to this thread even though I'm a huge Wolf supporter (he'd have gotten all my votes had it not been for the IC's), but I was just wondering what everyone else thought of his kit? Now I'm not here to say that he's a clone, because he's obvious not, but I did personally find it disappointing to see all four of his specials follow the similar: projectile, multi-directional recovery, quick horizontal recovery, reflector pattern that the other spacies had. Personally, I'd love to hear some new ideas concerning Wolf's specials. Anyone got any?
No, but I like the ones he has now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Tomorrow marks 1 year since the 50 fact extravaganza thing happened and when Mewtwo was revealed. This is probably what you might have been thinking.

Looking back, I guess you could say it marked the beginning of DLC but the ballot didn't start until April 1st which was previously said.
So it is tomorrow...obviously, chances there will be a new Direct are slim at this rate, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to get a hint from Nintendo at what may be coming?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
His up smash without a doubt.

I like it when he goes "HOOUUU" or something like that.
Well I guess if anything, have his down B be more unique in terms of colors--like instead of just a different colored reflector, make it a goo-like substance that surrounds Wolf and whenever a projectile is shot at him, the substance would absorb it and slingshot it back at the opponent. I don't think there's ever been a goo like substance in Star Fox so this is completely random
Quoted the wrong guy for some reason

Last edited:

FalcoReaper 64

Smash Rookie
Agreed. Normally, I'm decent at keeping myself from being affected by rumours without real evidence, but this last series of Twitter teasing was so hyped up, I'm honestly pretty bummed out. Just going to expect little to nothing at this point, and if/when something officially comes, hey, I'll be as excited as the rest.

Now as far as Wolf is concerned, he was never a main or secondary for me, more just someone to have fun with, but I definitely hope he makes a return (especially for my nephew who did main him). His sweet-spot flash was very satisfying to land, and he offered a much different feel from Fox and Falco for sure; was a great option.
What pisses me off is that people keep ***** in about him being a clone which is not true at all LMFAO what about Lucas he's more of a clone to Ness than Wolf is to Fox....Roy is pretty much Marth but the difference is that Marth us about the tip while Roy is about being as close as possible

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
What pisses me off is that people keep ***** in about him being a clone which is not true at all LMFAO what about Lucas he's more of a clone to Ness than Wolf is to Fox....Roy is pretty much Marth but the difference is that Marth us about the tip while Roy is about being as close as possible
Your first post has been made in the great Wolf support thread! We appreciate your support!
And yeah, Wolf isn't even a clone. :p

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well all of the Starfox characters have their specials based on the games. shooting lasers like the Arwing, boosting quickly in one direction, barrel rolling and...up b I always thought was referencing when your Arwing gets shot down. You light yourself on fire and fly in a direction and then you're helpless. And if anyone wishes Wolf had different specials, just be glad he doesn't have a counter, like a real counter. Plus, I like how even though his specials are all similar, most, if not all of them are more offense based like Wolf and his Wolfen. Blaster does the most damage with it's shot and claw and it's harder to avoid since it's larger, Wolf Flash is easily the strongest side b, Reflector reflects things faster and stronger than the others and I'm not sure if Fire Wolf was stronger than its Fox and Bird counterparts. Maybe that could be a buff for Wolf: give us an up b that kills, kinda like ZSS' but directional.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wolf's most satisfying move to land?

F-Tilt and Flash. No kidding, I'd pocket Wolf in SSB4 just to do those two moves.

I have one.

It's called "Can't let you do that". It works like this: The closest opponent's move fails, because Wolf can't let him/her do that.

Unique, right? :awesome:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well all of the Starfox characters have their specials based on the games. shooting lasers like the Arwing, boosting quickly in one direction, barrel rolling and...up b I always thought was referencing when your Arwing gets shot down. You light yourself on fire and fly in a direction and then you're helpless. And if anyone wishes Wolf had different specials, just be glad he doesn't have a counter, like a real counter. Plus, I like how even though his specials are all similar, most, if not all of them are more offense based like Wolf and his Wolfen. Blaster does the most damage with it's shot and claw and it's harder to avoid since it's larger, Wolf Flash is easily the strongest side b, Reflector reflects things faster and stronger than the others and I'm not sure if Fire Wolf was stronger than its Fox and Bird counterparts. Maybe that could be a buff for Wolf: give us an up b that kills, kinda like ZSS' but directional.
I think the ZSS up b is interesting because I feel like that, if Wolf made the roster day 1, he might've ended up with that attack. It seems like such a natural evolution to that move, it just makes sense. Plus, a lot of characters had their up b's tightened up, like Pit and Meta Knight, I'd imagine Wolf would've too.

I guess I just hoped that we could individualize him a little more. I think that there are a lot more space elements that could be explored, and that Wolf could be a good beacon for that since his character is more or less a blank slate. For example, watching Drcane in the Rivals of Aether introduction video makes me want a character that can warp from one place to another. Maybe Wolf's down b could be that instead of another reflector. It can use portal technology or something idk.

Anyway I know some people find this as heresy, I just think it's interesting to discuss is all.
I have one.

It's called "Can't let you do that". It works like this: The closest opponent's move fails, because Wolf can't let him/her do that.

Unique, right? :awesome:

I know you're joking, but I think a stun attack would work quite well with Wolf.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Hey guys, after months and weeks of no smash news. I've gone ahead and started a series on my channel regarding most characters' chances of getting. I started with Wolf, him being one of the most likely candidates IMO. I tried making it as unbiased as possible. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwk_glxbBeI

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hey guys, after months and weeks of no smash news. I've gone ahead and started a series on my channel regarding most characters' chances of getting. I started with Wolf, him being one of the most likely candidates IMO. I tried making it as unbiased as possible. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwk_glxbBeI
Solid video, I think you hit up all the points pretty well, and you definitely don't seem to have any bias. One thing though, I don't think Krystal is the only Star Fox contender. While the two easily have the most sizable fanbases, you said yourself Sakurai can be unpredictable, and the new Star Fox seems to be pushing Slippy and Peppy pretty hard soooooo who knows?
Personally, I still think he's a shoo-in, he just makes too much sense to not include, and he's the only veteran w/o a good reason to be cut.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Solid video, I think you hit up all the points pretty well, and you definitely don't seem to have any bias. One thing though, I don't think Krystal is the only Star Fox contender. While the two easily have the most sizable fanbases, you said yourself Sakurai can be unpredictable, and the new Star Fox seems to be pushing Slippy and Peppy pretty hard soooooo who knows?
Personally, I still think he's a shoo-in, he just makes too much sense to not include, and he's the only veteran w/o a good reason to be cut.
Thanks! I definitely considered mentioning Slippy and Peppy. I just didn't do much research on the two. I'd be shocked if he wasn't included in the next wave of DLC.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
The most satisfying move to pull off with any character, for me, is a good old fashion meteor smash.

Top Bottom