• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Gonna make this short and sweet. 7/10 for all of them. They aren't wolf, but im glad their here.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
:4mewtwo: 6/10 I don't know if it's because I hadn't seen him in a decade, but I was REALLY hyped for him. However, when we actually got him he didn't hold my interest for very long. I like playing him every once in a while, but I would gladly trade him for Wolf.
:4ryu: 10/10 The opposite of Mewtwo, I wasn't really that hyped about him (plus that leaker the day before the direct kind of killed it for me), but when I got him he became one of my favorite characters for me. As a pure smasher that has never played any other fighting game, his unique play style appealed to me. He's the most fun character to play, at least for me.
:4lucas: 8/10 I didn't play him much in Brawl, but I was pretty disappointed when he got cut.
:4feroy: 9/10 I like Fire Emblem, so yeah...

Wolf would get a 10/10 if he gets in too.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So how would you guys rate the DLC characters so far? Were you guys excited for Mewtwo when he was revealed? Do you think he should've been in the base game given his demand? Is Ryu an oddball that you warmed up to? Thoughts. :p
Might as well:

:4mewtwo: - 6/10: I wasn't too hurt that he was cut from Brawl and didn't return to the initial Smash 4 roster, mainly because he isn't one of my favorite Pokemon (though I did use him a lot in Melee since my kid self thought he fought in a cool fashion). When he was revealed for DLC, however, I was happy, not because I wanted him to return, but because I knew he was widely requested to return (probably just as much, or even more than Wolf at the time). In fact, he's one of the most popular Pokemon out there, not to mention he's the most iconic legendary as well (his fame in the Pokemon world is further demonstrated by the fact he is one of the only two Pokemon to have two Mega Evolutions), so him being in Smash makes sense (even being in the base roster makes sense).

When his reveal trailer, I personally felt hyped to play as Mewtwo. I remember watching the trailer and thinking to myself, "Mewtwo looks he's no longer like his Melee self. Can't wait to try him out!"

When I got to try him out... well, I found him just as fun as his Melee self... until I realized he still had some serious flaws that ultimately made me move away from him in the coming weeks. At this point, I will agree that he needs buffs. Even then, he still isn't a personal favorite Pokemon of mine. As it currently stands, I'm slightly above indifferent with his inclusion at best.

:4lucas: - 7/10: Didn't really care about him that much in Brawl, so when he was revealed for Smash 4, I was happy because I knew he had very strong demand for his return. I even warmed up to Lucas in the days leading to his release since his reveal trailer revealed that Lucas would be a much more confident individual this time around and not a meek kid like he was in Brawl.

When I got to try him out, I could definitely feel his improvements from Brawl. He felt so improved that I found him more enjoyable to play this time around. His inclusion does feel satisfying. Now if we had New Pork City to complete his inclusion (its his stage, and it fits 8 player Smash perfectly).

:4feroy: - 8/10: Another character who I didn't care for that much prior to the leak and reveal trailer. He didn't appeal to me that much in Melee, and when it came to Fire Emblem reps, I was more interested in seeing the newer dogs join the roster, not the older ones (largely because Awakening was the first FE game I played).

When the first batch of leaks came around in April, I wasn't all that hyped for him for reasons previously stated. When his reveal trailer came around, however, that would change. I remember laughing in amusement when Nintendo actually acknowledged the Roy joke immediately after his splash card, and I remember being happy to see that he was no longer a direct clone of Marth. Long story short, that reveal trailer made me hyped to play as Roy in person.

Little did I know I was in for a really fun ride when I got to try him out. He felt much different from Marth... and he was even far better than his former clone for that matter. Roy went on to become one of my secondaries, puling me through in many For Glory matches thanks to his strong and quick attacks.

:4ryu: - 10/10: I remember playing Street Fighter and any game Ryu was in (such as Marvel vs Capcom 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and Street Fighter IV) at my local arcade when I was a kid; I also remember getting Super Street Fighter IV one the day of the 3DS's launch and playing that game often in the early 3DS days. In my years growing up, I remember thinking to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if Ryu was in Smash? I mean, he appeared in so many crossover titles that I think he makes sense for a Capcom rep." Unfortunately, Sakurai released the statement that he wouldn't add any characters that appeared in other fighting games, so that threw my Ryu wishes out of the window.

That changed in April 2015. The first batch of leaks appeared around that time, and when I learned that one of those leaked characters was Ryu, I felt a rush of excitement. A childhood character I wanted to see in Smash was actually becoming a reality! In the months that followed, I remember waiting in anticipation for Ryu's reveal trailer. I would frequently try to come up with the perfect reveal trailer that would trump all of the other reveal trailers in terms of hype level, and I remember wanting to see Ryu fight Lucario in his reveal trailer since Lucario was the most SF-esqued out of all the characters on the Smash roster.

When June 2015 came around, I remember following the second batch of leaks that were released the day before he was officially revealed. When I saw his Smash Bros model + stage, listened to his Smash Bros remix, and learned about he played out, I was overwhelmed with excitement (the gif below summarized my reaction).

At that point, I was literally jumping up and down, waiting to see how his reveal trailer would turn out.

June 14th arrives, and I remember the thrill of excitement pacing through me as I heard the Street Fighter music coupled with the lightning strikes concealing Ryu. When the gameplay footage came on, I was basically saying "Awww yeah!!!" throughout it. At that point, I knew I wanted to buy Ryu straight away, but too bad I had to wait for roughly two hours due to the eshop traffic that day.

And when I finally got to try Ryu, I was in for an even better ride than Roy. I love how he uses the Street Fighter inputs for his specials and the light/heavy button presses for his attack variations (which also helped me better understand how to Street Fighter). It really made him like an interesting addition in Smash, not to mention his moveset style was the perfect way to represent the Street Fighter series. In fact, he went on to become one of my most frequently played characters, and it still remains that way to this day. Sadly, I'm nowhere in the likes of Mr.R when it comes to playing as Ryu in Smash; I still have much to learn in order to become the perfect Ryu player, but I still enjoy playing as him because of how interesting his play style is.

I think the reason why he seemed like an oddball addition initially was because of Sakurai's previous statement that he wouldn't add characters from other fighting games, and we already had a Capcom rep at the time thanks to Megaman. When I think about Ryu in Smash as of now, his inclusion makes a lot of sense! The Street Fighter games are the ones that introduced and defined the fighting game genre, which means Smash Bros would've never been conceived if it wasn't for Street Fighter. Ryu is the SF mascot, so he is essentially the video game icon of fighting games. Keeping that in mind, it make sense why he has cross-overed in many fighting games prior to Smash 4. With the legacy he and his games left to the video game world, I think he is a welcome addition into Smash, and I hope he returns in future installments.

Last edited:

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
imho:

:4mewtwo: 5/10-7/10:
I didn't really care for him much in melee but i was glad he was coming back for his fans. That and it meant dlc was coming which was amazing at the time. I warmed up to him and actually enjoy playing him just as much as my mains. But he NEEDS BUFFS badly, i can win but why play him to win if i can play someone else and win easily?

:4lucas: 5/10:
I honestly haven't played any game in his series. But what i was enjoying was the videos and reactions of his fans loving his return and i couldn't be happier.

:4feroy: 8/10:
The boy was my main in Melee back in those times. He was all I played since i enjoyed his power, even beat the final showdown with him. (I was so happy :awesome:) Seeing him come back gave me mixed feelings since I lost my new main Wolf. It was a mix of pain and nostalgia but i grew to like him. Only thing i don't like is how he kind of invalidates :4marth: and :4lucina: but I think they just need a few buffs.

:4ryu: 2/10:
Let me start off by saying that im actually a SF fan. I loved SSF4 and still play it. Why dont i like Ryu? Well, i like him but playing him made me feel like he was too strong. He does damage like :4ganondorf: but nearly with the combos of :4fox:? I like his inputs since its like his source game, but it just gives too much power when its not that hard to do. (don't use inputs when recovering. Just when you aren't pressured for more damage/killing power.)

tldr: I like the dlc except for Ryu. I like his character but not his power and speed. Mewtwo is too weak and needs buffs.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For Mewtwo, I give a 10/10. I missed him from Melee, and I missed him overall. I really liked him, and still do. I don't even care how bad people say he is, though he could use some buffs.

For Lucas, 7/10. I really do not care for Lucas, but I say it is cool that he is returning.

For Roy, 8/10. I liked Mewtwo better than Roy, but though I thought he was overrated during the Melee days, he is cool, so I don't mind him.

For Ryu, 7/10. He was unexpected to me, but I did like him, and I liked his having two final smashes and how he played overall. But was a second Capcom rep really necessary?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Well, I guess I'll jump on the ratings train too, if only to satisfy my latent desire to review something (it's been so long since I wrote teen reviews for the paper XD)
I was SUPER hyped for Mewtwo, and it essentially brought me back to Smashboards. The Mewtwo community was easily the most vocal this side of Ridley (no disrespect to the pack here.) But his execution is beyond terribad. I thought the team would have learned their lesson from Melee and Brawl, but alas.
I wasn't too excited for Lucas, but I was glad to see him return for the sake of those who used him in Brawl and P:M.
Roy, I couldn't care less about initially, save for the thought that I was interested to see if the rendition of him from Awakening might come in, as well as the possibility of him getting de-cloned. I was pleasantly surprised to see both his new look and how he was handled. Now, he's an off-main for me.
Ryu... I'm just kinda meh. I don't mind that Capcom gets another rep (I'm more embittered by Pac-Man at this point, yes, still), and I'm glad to see more non-Nintendo reps that aren't from M-rated games. He plays well enough, but I don't see myself maining him anytime soon.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So ZeRo the monkey ninja has been defeated by Nairo. Where are the photoshop masters, I have a great idea of parody video that should be made for this occasion.
After all the monkey ZeRo memes originated from this very thread,

This one was made by @MapleWooD
The monkey ZeRo's with the Yu-Gi-Oh stuff in them were made by me.

All of them are 10/10. The hate towards Ryu is ridiculous. Who cares if Capcom got 2 reps? He is also not OP in the slightest.

Of course Wolf would get a 37/10.
Wolf makes everything better, 100/10

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
absolute 100 percent forum lurker and smashboards noob, I literally only joined this site because of this thread, and how much I love wolf.
Great to see more supporters here! Thanks for join us!
---

About my DLC characters reception (copy-pasting from @SAV post XD )
:4mewtwo:- Initial Hype 8/10: Not really hyped, I'm really sure that we would have DLC characters after Smash 4 release. I'm not Etika sorry :denzel:
:4mewtwo:- Execution 8/10: I was happy for play again with Mewtwo since Melee! But was more easy to play and lighter, with more combos. But it's nerfed like Greninja sadly.

:4lucas:- Initial Hype 9/10: One of my mains from Brawl and my anti-Wolf character :dazwa:, unspected.
:4lucas:- Execution 8/10: Until E3 leak and release, I played with Lucas, but as Mewtwo, it felt different, more hard to play, and some pissed about the PK Spam online, but it's great to see him again since I finished Mother 3.

:4feroy:- Initial Hype 10/10: I was hyped as nobody about the Roy's return about the leak and E3 release, and how the Roy thread and group moved hard for ma boi.
:4feroy:- Execution: 9/10: Great redesign, like he deserves, maybe we don't really have a new full moveset, but like (in my opinion) Melee I think it's better than Marth on gameplay. The trailer was magnifique and see how he defeated troll Roy :4roy: was epic xD Roy is now back to life and in a short future again on FE series. The Roy's return influenced me for support my favorite vets for Smash 4.

:4ryu:- Initial Hype 10/10: Wow, one of my favorite fighting characters on Smash, if Smash is a fighting game (alternative but still being fighting game), why not see Ryu from SF launching Hadoukens and Shoryukens on Smash? When I saw the Etika's video I was overhyped! And waiting for E3 or August for his release with Roy my favorite characters from Melee and fighting-arcade games.
:4ryu:- Execution 11/10: Better than I imagined, the inputs was unespected! And a great trailer. The best Smash transmision on E3 with Sakurai, thanks!

But still waiting Wolf :wolf:, for fighting with Lucas :lucas: against him as my old Brawl times

Last edited:

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
:011: Metapod. Initial Hype: 10/10 - Amazing Pokémon rep, I didn't think anyone could represent green any better than Shrek.
Execution: 9.01/10 Its Harden expands dong.
Wonderful.

:jigglypuff64: Metal Jigglypuff. Initial Hype: 7.8/10 - The buff Jigglypuff finally needed. But it falls down so fast it SD's when sent flying.
Execution: 7.8/10 - Too much gravity.

:023: ekanS. Initial Hype: 1/1000 - I have been expected Snake, but instead we've got ekanS.
Execution: 69/10x10=100 - It still can bite.

:GCD::GCB: Down B. Initial Hype: 10/10 - :foxmelee: only, :fdb: only, no:4miisword::4miigun::4miibrawl:.
Execution: 10/10 Yay, nailed it.

No seriously, I haven't bought any single DLC character nor did get the hypes on any of them because I'm waiting patiently for :wolf:.
PS: With this, already 3 times I've dreamed about his inclussion.

If you're joking, it's not funny. I want Wolf back too, but the ones you mentioned are wasteful (not saying they're likely, but still).

Most of us support more than one character. We're not all Logo12 Logo12 .
Of course it was a joke, calm down dem :011:...

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
:4mewtwo: 6/10 I didn't really like Mewtwo in Melee, nor have I really cared about him, so his inclusion was met for me. He's also crap in this game to, which doesn't really make a more interested.

:4lucas: 10/10 One of my cut Brawl mains is back! And in the only Smash game that feels right for me! Lucas is even funner in this game than Brawl to, which makes me even happier. I await Wolf and Ivysaur.

:4feroy: 8/10 I was somewhat hyped at first, even if Roy felt horrible for me in Melee. He feels amazing now, and his speed and power make for a really fun character to play as. Give me Pichu and I'll be very happy.

:4ryu: 5/10 I didn't care about him when he was leaked (Though a bit perplexed), nor do I care about him now. His inclusion is pretty cool though, and he's unique (Even I don't like the inputs you have to press).

I think the selection we have here is quite nice. I'm eager to see who's next.

Last edited:

MacClarence

Smash Rookie
:4mewtwo: 5/10
I love pokemon, and Mewtwo is almost always in my team when I catch him, but even in Melee he felt like a floaty confusing mess.
I don't feel like he translates well to fighting games, even if smash executed it the best they could. I know he has a huge fanbase and I'm always happy to see more pokemon but, I was indifferent of his announcement and indifferent of his inclusion, just another interesting char to fight.

:4lucas: 7/10
Ive been using ness since 64, and I can say ive never used lucas once, but I enjoy the idea of him, a tag partner or rival for ness and more love for the earthbound series. I have no idea why he was cut and I'm glad to see him back.

:4feroy: 6/10
I actually use Roy, hes one of my fave characters to play as, gameplay wise he would be 9.5/10 but too much FE and the fact hes here before Wolf will always be an issue.

:4ryu: 3.5/10
Ive never loved street fighter, its alright but it doesnt fill me with that tingly nostalgia even though i grew up playing it right alongside mario, dk and pokemon. The inputs just feel like theyve pandered to the hyper competetive 2D evo crowd by changing the system of the entire control system for one character who no one asked for, it just seems like hes getting too much attention, Sonic and Snake never got treated like royalty entering smash. 2 final smashes wtf.

That being said, his stage and stage music are amazing, and there is a real pleasure having a 'true' martial artist to go hand to hand with falcon or little mac.

WHERES MY WOLF?

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
:4mewtwo: 6/10 I didn't really like Mewtwo in Melee, nor have I really cared about him, so his inclusion was met for me. He's also crap in this game to, which doesn't really make a more interested.

:4lucas: 10/10 One of my cut Brawl mains is back! And in the only Smash game that feels right for me! Lucas is even funner in this game than Brawl to, which makes me even happier. I await Wolf and Ivysaur.

[Insert picture of Roy here since I don't know the code for his emoticon] 8/10 I was somewhat hyped at first, even if Roy felt horrible for me in Melee. He feels amazing now, and his speed and power make for a really fun character to play as. Give me Pichu and I'll be very happy.

:4ryu: 5/10 I didn't care about him when he was leaked (Though a bit perplexed), nor do I care about him now. His inclusion is pretty cool though, and he's unique (Even I don't like the inputs you have to press).

I think the selection we have here is quite nice. I'm eager to see who's next.
For future use, Roy's emoticon is 4royfe

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
When there is a new Smash game, I am in favor of dropping some of the clones/semi-clones/Lugified-clones to focus on new characters that have not been in Smash. I thought it was a good idea to drop Wolf and Lucas. With that said, DLC is the perfect vehicle to return some cut characters.

I love all four characters so far and play them all on FG. My favorite to play as, in order, are: Mewtwo, Roy, Ryu, Lucas.

All are fun and all seem to have such personality. I look forward for Wolf returning as well.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
:4mewtwo: 10/10 His dlc announcement came as a huge surprise and my hype for him grew over time. @Speedwagon pretty much summed up what I think of Mewtwo perfectly and I do agree that he needs a lot of buffs but he's still great to play as.

:4lucas:7/10 I don't really play as him but it is good to see a Brawl vet back and he restored my hope of Wolf returning.

:4feroy: 8/10 To be honest I did find the leaked sound files to be a bit hard to believe at first and I thought we had enough FE reps in the game but my opinion changed when I tried him out for the first time. He's fun to use and got some well deserved changes.

:4ryu: I honestly just don't care about him much. I know he's iconic to the fighting genre and video games in general but I just don't really care. Sorry to all the Ryu mains out there. :ohwell:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
:4mewtwo: 10/10 His dlc announcement came as a huge surprise and my hype for him grew over time. @Speedwagon pretty much summed up what I think of Mewtwo perfectly and I do agree that he needs a lot of buffs but he's still great to play as.
The thing that frustrates me is that I can see what they were trying to do here. Mewtwo could've been good, but for some reason they decided to give him completely unnecessary nerfs (WHY IS HE THE 2ND LIGHTEST CHARACTER!?)

Oh well, at least he's a lot of fun to use.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
So how would you guys rate the DLC characters so far? Were you guys excited for Mewtwo when he was revealed? Do you think he should've been in the base game given his demand? Is Ryu an oddball that you warmed up to? Thoughts. :p
Mewtwo- 6/10
I don't feel like he was worth being dlc and should have just been in the base game.
Lucas- 7/10 Personally don't like earthbound, but his moveset being the way it is and him being another rep for earthbound is good.
Roy- 3/10. Fire Emblem had 4 characters and really didn't need a 5th. I'd probably rate him higher if Lucina was just a costume.
Ryu- 10/10. Great addition, moveset is faithful to the source material, and he's very fun to play. This is the type of DLC that I've been looking forward to.

Laniv

Smash Champion
:4lucas:10/10: Well, he was my main in Brawl.
:4mewtwo::4feroy::4ryu:7/10: I have no real connection with any of them, but it's nice to see them.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Overall thoughts on DLC characters:

:4mewtwo:9/10: I have always loved Mewtwo. Despite him being flawed in Melee i still used him a lot. I was disappointed when he was booted out of Brawl and wanted to see him in Smash 4. At first i was extremely angry that he didn't make the base roster, but then 50-Fact Extravaganza arrived and the rest is history. I got him through the "free" code and, despite his shortcomings, Mewtwo is in my Top 5 characters to play as in Smash 4 tied with a certain other DLC character.....

:4feroy:9/10: Roy is just great. Many people thought he would never come back, especially with Lucina being in the roster (oh how i dislike this character), but Sakurai proved us wrong. Roy is so much fun to play as in Smash 4 that he dethroned Ike as my favorite Fire Emblem character to play as (i use every Fire Emblem character except Lucina.......).

:4lucas:5/10: I never really cared for Lucas, i just got him to complete the Smash roster, even though i don't mind seeing him come back. However, for him to come back over Wolf first is just criminal....

:4ryu:8/10: Completely unexpected and a welcome addition. I have always been a big fan of Street Fighter and Ryu is one of the characters i use the most in these games. He doesn't disappoint in Smash 4 and i hope he is a character staple.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Wow since when did Wolf become another RTC thread with people writing up text walls for liking or hating a character

Let me join this mess

:4mewtwo:
Initial Hype: N/A

Well, when I first heard about DLC it's already when the ballot is released and Lucas is announced. So I can't fill anything for this :L

Execution: 7/10

Overall, I find Mewtwo quite fun to use. The weight problem didn't bother me, since... I only got it on 3DS, so I can only play Single Player and stuff

:4lucas:
Initial Hype: N/A

Again, I had no idea about the DLC until late April or early May, and around that time I have no idea who Lucas was until I finally tried Brawl and the cut veterans (including Lucas at that time). Just to note.

Execution: 8/10

Somehow when I tried Smash, Ness is one of the few characters that I can be comfortable to play with at the start, and this smooth feeling on playing the EB characters has been brought into Lucas naturally. So yeah, of course Lucas's moveset didn't disappoint me one bit.

:4feroy:
Initial Hype: 7/10

I have mixed feelings on this one (and also the next done, so lol). On one hand I'm glad that Roy makes it back finally, but on the other hand I couldn't believe he got in before Wolf. Overall when I see the reveal though, I was truly hyped.

Execution: 8/10

Basically same as Lucas, but replace Ness with Marth. The only difference is that I started trying Marth (I used him once and I felt it clicked so well for me) just a few months ago.

:4ryu:
Initial Hype: 6/10

I admit it, actually, everything Smash news got me hype. Even when the K Rool costume came out, while I was feeling nervous for other characters, I still have an indescribable hype inside me. Though how I feel one hour after the hype is another matter.

Execution: 3/10

Like everyone else who gave Ryu a low rating, I still think Ryu gets too much of his stuff for no reason. Maybe like some he's "unique", but perhaps too unique, that it stands out weird from the other fighters. No, it isn't that kind of "It's a cross-over so weirdness is acceptable", but it's like giving a character a completely different control just for the sake of "stay true to its series". Sonic didn't have that, nor did Snake or Pacman. People say "play Megaman like its series", but seriously, it is still the powerups put together into a Smash style moveset. Not fully adding some command input, press duration detection, these kind of control gimmicks to the character.

And that still leaves out the problems with people constantly asking to "fill a pattern by adding Sega and Namco rep", and how basically omnipotent he is. Like Ryuvain said, he's more combo-happy than Fox, yet has moves kills as early like Ganondorf.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
So you don't favor any of them differently? : P
I guess if i had to choose a favorite, it would be mewtwo. The fact that lucas and roy came before wolf was downright depressing, and i thought ryu was a wierd addition considering sf5 doesn't come out on the wii u. I'm just not a fan of the sensitive strong/weak attacks. Especially if i'm online, i try to do a collar bone breaker but thanks to lag i end up doing a side kick. The true shouyuken (spelled wrong) feels...unnatural. True hadokens, and what ever his side B is, i have no problem doing because i kinda slide my control stick along the bottom or top. The shouyken tho, is foward, down...then diagonal and i just can't pull it off.
Mewtwo i use from time to time and he's always fun. But goddamit does he need some buffs. He's supposed to weigh MORE than charizard, but he's as light as jiggly puff? Even if he is a "glass cannon" bowser, dk, ganon, and charizard hit just as hard and have the weight to back it up. Sakurai... i know you don't like changing characters too much to keep the fans happy, but i don't think mewtwo fans would mind if they didn't have to worry about dying at friggin 60%.
Overall, i'm happy for the fans that they came back and ryus a nice addition, but i'll be forever bitter if mewtwo, lucas and roy came back but wolf didn't. Once my boy is back I'll be happy with all the dlc characters.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I see that many of you are salty that other characters got in before Wolf.
There's really no point to it if you ask me. We should be happy that we're getting Wolf in the first place, better late than never. Not to mention there are other people who will probably never get their main back.

D

Deleted member

This may sound rude, but i don't like the idea of bashing a character just because it's not Wolf. I go as far to say that such mindset is really toxic.

Im not saying you should be forced to like them, but you gotta ask to yourself. ¿Is it really worth the trouble to get mad just for something like that? Chances are that Wolf is coming back anyway, and no vocal naysayers can change that.

Beign super angry at a FICTIONAL character just because is not someone that you wanted can give a really negative image to yourself.

There are a lot of characters that i dislike, but you don't see me around bashing them everytime i get. If you really want to unleash your salt, do it somewhere else.

But if you don't listen to my words and INSIST on beign salty, then i can do nothing for you. My list of "people you ignore" has a lot of space anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
This may sound rude, but i don't like the idea of bashing a character just because it's not Wolf. I go as far to say that such mindset is really toxic.

Im not saying you should be forced to like them, but you gotta ask to yourself. ¿Is it really worth the trouble to get mad just for something like that? Chances are that Wolf is coming back anyway, and no vocal naysayers can change that.

Beign super angry at a FICTIONAL character just because is not someone that you wanted can give a really negative image sometimes for some people.

There are a lot of characters that i dislike, but you don't see me around bashing them everytime i get. If you really want to unleash your salt, do it somewhere else.

But if you don't listen to my words and INSIST on beign salty, then i can do nothing for you. My list of "people you ignore" has a lot of space anyway.
But :wolf: is life

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Beign super angry at a FICTIONAL character just because is not someone that you wanted can give a really negative image sometimes for some people.

I agree with this. I do have to say, however, that I don't want Ridley in the game solely because of how obnoxious the Ridley fanbase was whenever anyone tried to suggest that he just might not, in fact, make it into Smash.
Petty, I know, but I detest intentional ignorance, rabid sensationalism, and the head-in-the-sand mentality.

I do have a little salt towards Little Mac mains as well, if only because of all of the ugly FG matches I lost on the 3DS before I learned to play more defensively against him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree with this. I do have to say, however, that I don't want Ridley in the game solely because of how obnoxious the Ridley fanbase was whenever anyone tried to suggest that he just might not, in fact, make it into Smash.
Petty, I know, but I detest intentional ignorance, rabid sensationalism, and the head-in-the-sand mentality.
This is the reason why i don't like the idea of seeing Wolf as a "shoo-in" or bashing every single character that is not Wolf.

I understand why you dislike the Ridley fanbase, and this is coming from a supporter who used to lurk back when the thread was open. The Ridley thread was a mess, and i don't want the Wolf thread to get the same fate of beign a place with tons of Close-minded jerks.

If we start bashing every single character that came before Wolf, people will see us a toxic, aggressive community.
We must realize that Wolf is not garanteed, otherwise dissapoint could strike us at any moment.

I want to show to people that the Wolf fanbase has inteligent, respectable and calm people. Those who bash every non-Wolf character are doing nothing but giving the good Wolf fans a bad profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I understand why you dislike the Ridley fanbase, and this is coming from a supporter who used to lurk back when the thread was open. The Ridley thread was a mess, and i don't want the Wolf thread to get the same fate of beign a place with tons of Close-minded jerks.
As a former Ridley supporter, this couldn't be more true.

D

Deleted member

:4mewtwo: 8/10: I almost never played as Mewtwo in Melee as a kid due to how confusing he was for me, so I never really cared for so many people being mad that he wasn't in Brawl's final roster during the hype for that game. But when he was revealed to be a DLC character in October along with so many of my friends being excited, I thought I'd give Mewtwo the benefit of the doubt when he'd be released. The trailer though? Holy fish, that trailer. Almost perfectly executed, and that Final Smash made me absolutely euphoric. I wanted to play as him so friggin' badly, he actually looked like a legitimate threat and would become the viable character he deserved to be.

But then he turned out to be absolutely awful. Oops.

:4lucas:10/10: Lucas was one of my Brawl mains, and is still one of my most played characters in that game today as I still play Brawl online with others. When he turned out to not be in Smash 4, I was incredibly disappointed. It seemed like Ness was the only sole MOTHER representative once again. The reason I even started playing Ness in Smash 4 was because I thought "well, Lucas is gone. I may as well give Ness a try since I didn't care for him at all in past games." Turns out he was a pretty awesome character, and me getting into him even led to me finally playing EarthBound. Didn't regret that, since it's a legitimately beautiful game that I can't believe that I missed out on for so long.

When that trailer dropped during the April Direct and I saw Ness getting beat up with the MOTHER 3 Love Theme playing in the background, I was like "Could it be? Could it really be?" When I heard that familar voice yell "PK FIRE!", I squealed so hard that the entire house heard me. I'm not even joking here. For some old mesage board I was on who was part of a livestream for the Direct, I was typing stuff in all caps ("LADJKDJFKDSJFDK LUCASSSSS") due to just how filled with excitement I was. He looked so much better than he did in Brawl too, especially with his up smash. Thought months after the verdict I still like playing him more in Brawl and Project M than I do in Smash 4, he's still great fun and I'm glad sunflower baby is here to stay. <3 Now for me to finally play MOTHER 3.

:4feroy: 7/10: Him and Ryu being leaked kinda killed what excitement I had for him returning but I've got more to expand on. I almost never played as Roy in Melee and hated him and the rest of the Melee clones for the years to come afterwards, and was a vocal opponent of him coming back in Smash 4. I've gotten over my "CLONES SUK" phase, to put that out there. When it was shown that he wasn't a full clone of Marth anymore from the leaks, I was intrigued as to how he'd play. He looked rather different from the Melee days too.

Trailer was pretty awesome, and Sakurai saying that he'd be significantly buffed from Melee also piqued my interest. Even though I don't think of him as highly as I did during the DLC hype, I still like our boy. Still like playing as Ike and Marth more though.

:4ryu:3/10: Never played a Street Fighter game so I had no attachment to his leak/announcement tbh. Trailer was pretty well done though and he seemed really powerful and had rather potent combos. To this day I've only played him a total of four times... lol.

Morbi

Scavenger
As a former Ridley supporter, this couldn't be more true.
Honestly, as a former and current Ridley supporter, I do not believe that it is true at all. In fact, I believe that a lot of people adhere to a hasty generalization fallacy because there were a lot of obnoxious Ridley supporters that were easily observable. If you were actually a Ridley supporter, you would remember that there were dozens upon dozens of reasonable people that frequented the thread. Albeit, there were unfortunately a disproportionate number of "obnoxious" speculators as well that correlated with the desecrated image of the fan-base.

Regarding Wolf, I doubt that will ever happen to us. The Ridley incident was more or less a result of our sheer numbers. With greater numbers, the amount of bad eggs becomes more overt. Not only that, but Wolf does not have an equal or greater force pushing against him. Most people are resigned to the fact that he is fairly plausible.

Secondly, I do not believe that it is wrong to dislike a character because they received precedence over Wolf. Is it petty? Of course. But there is nothing inherently wrong with it. They are just fictional characters and in my humble opinion, it is better to redirect that frustration at a character that you clearly had no interest with in the first place than to associate that salt with the supporters of said character. I would argue that it is much more unhealthy and damaging to our image to hate on people rather than characters. Suffice it to say, nobody should take speculation that seriously in the first place. It is difficult if Wolf means a lot to you as a person, and Smash is one of your favorite games, of course.

Regardless, Wolf is one of the most likely characters and for that, we should be grateful. He is not guaranteed; however, we are privileged with supporting a character without the need to grasp at straws or hope that a massive number of people agree with our sentiment. And for that I am thankful.

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
She lost all credability, don't beleive a word she says unless its data mine related. At this point someone should just go on twitter and say that Stealth and the crew said the character is Wolf. The worst part is most of the guys in the leaks thread are kind of buying into these things. I say they're all lying.
EDIT: She's claiming the characters is Monita.:facepalm: Lost all credibility 100% confirmed.
How are these people suddenly so credible that there's worth discussing anyway?
This thread would be singing a different tune if she said Wolf.

I can then see people having a meltdown after a post like this.

https://twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/655877448727289856

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Guys, help me. I've dreamed about Wolf's inclussion three times in total.
And each one was even more "realistic".

But now we need the real deal.
:wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:

Last edited:
Top Bottom