• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
The truth of it all is that we all know who the next character is. We all have connections somehow with Nintendo and all of these leaks are just some people trying to tell the truth and others throwing out random **** to try and keep us in suspense even though we all know. I know. You know. Your pet goldfish, regardless of whether you own one or not knows. We all know. Anyone who claims not to know is working with those trying to keep suspense up.

I'll spill it out to you all now. The next character is Wolf.

Sakurai felt that we didn't have enough FE characters and thought that a guy on a horse with a sword and bow would be a really unique playstyle. He also knew a bunch of people were asking for this 'Wolf' character so he chose Wolf over all other cavalier units.

Man, now I see why so many people do this. Spewing random nonsense and claiming it to be true with easily debunked logic has a sick, twisted amusement attached to it. In all seriousness though, my money is and will always be on our Lord O'Donnell being the next character. What is it a lot of you say? PoundFreeWolf?
Excuse me,I don't remember Wolf having purple hair and is human

Are you being sarcastic and cynical,or are you trolling or joking

If you know this actual information,I'll be shocked they gave you this information tbh :/

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Excuse me,I don't remember Wolf having purple hair and is human

Are you being sarcastic and cynical,or are you trolling or joking

If you know this actual information,I'll be shocked they gave you this information tbh :/
You're telling me you don't remember that epic dog fight in Starfox cross Shadow Dragon where Fox fights Wolf with the former using his Arwing and the latter riding a space horse and firing space arrows? Such an unforgettable battle. Maybe the picture is what threw you off. Here's another:
The original from 1990!
PoundFreeFEWolf

Also, yes, I am using a heavy amount of sarcasm.

Furret24

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just got update 1.1.3 on my 3DS version of Smash Bros.

To prove it's real, I took a picture when I was in a battle with all of the newly added characters.

Making leaks is so easy.
:gawmelee:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Happy will be in Smash. My uncle's lawyer's best friend's sister's grandpa's nurse's maid's goldfish used to work at Nintendo for Mashedpotato Samurai. He can confirm that Happy will be revealed on the 54th of Octembuary as DLC for the low low price of $199.27.

He will be bundled with Goomba, Master Chief, Shrek, Lightning McQueen, Joey from Full House, and the color blue.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey everyone! Just found out that two characters from Konami are coming to Smash Bros. one is Snake and one is a newcomer. Both of them are expected be out February 30th of next year. Here's a couple pictures too!
image.png
image.jpeg
Sorry, Tino and I apologize if I'm spamming.

Attachments

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey everyone! Just found out that two characters from Konami are coming to Smash Bros. one is Snake and one is a newcomer. Both of them are expected be out February 30th of next year. Here's a couple pictures too!
Sorry, Tino and I apologize if I'm spamming.
What are you gotta be sorry for? If Snake makes it back, I'm down with that.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'll only believe a leak if it has gameplay.

I'm getting sick of these leaks.

Happy will be in Smash. My uncle's lawyer's best friend's sister's grandpa's nurse's maid's goldfish used to work at Nintendo for Mashedpotato Samurai. He can confirm that Happy will be revealed on the 54th of Octembuary as DLC for the low low price of $199.27.

He will be bundled with Goomba, Master Chief, Shrek, Lightning McQueen, Joey from Full House, and the color blue.
That leak is fake.
My best friend's friend's father's daughter's boyfriend's grandfather's daughter's uncle's brother's girlfriend told me that a guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this girl that had a brother and two moms, the second one having a step-sister that had an aunt whose husband worked with Sakuri on Smash 4. Said husband can confirm that the following are in the works for DLC so far (More to come).

Characters
Wolf
Bandana Dee
Pichu
King K. Rool

Stages
New Pork City
Poké Floats
Dinosaur Planet
Pirate Panic
Brinstar (Wii U only)

Modes
Offline Tourney

Mii Costumes
Daisy's dress (Gunner)
Falco Lombardi outfit (Gunner)
Shovel Knight's armor (Sword)
Football player outfit (Fighter)
Dark Lord outfit (Fighter)
Kremling outfit (Fighter)
Issac outfit (Sword)

Minus the Mii costumes, I think most of these are plausible.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've played Smash Bros Brawl recently and decided to pick up Wolf for a bit. Let me tell you, the nostalgia was real. He was one of my secondaries when Brawl first came out, and I found his play style to be rather interesting compared to Fox and Falco. Playing Wolf made me realize how the Smash 4 roster doesn't feel... complete without him. He's a fan favorite Star Fox character who stands amongst his home series reps, and with the popularity and veteran status he has, I'm sure he'll return to the game eventually.

Yes, it may be a little late to say this, but fill free to add me to the supporters list! I guess I should've joined this thread a while ago, but in light of recent events, I feel like now is the time I must give my fellow, Wolf, a hand!

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I've played Smash Bros Brawl recently and decided to pick up Wolf for a bit. Let me tell you, the nostalgia was real. He was one of my secondaries when Brawl first came out, and I found his play style to be rather interesting compared to Fox and Falco. Playing Wolf made me realize how the Smash 4 roster doesn't feel... complete without him. He's a fan favorite Star Fox character who stands amongst his home series reps, and with the popularity and veteran status he has, I'm sure he'll return to the game eventually.

Yes, it may be a little late to say this, but fill free to add me to the supporters list! I guess I should've joined this thread a while ago, but in light of recent events, I feel like now is the time I must give my fellow, Wolf, a hand!
Great to have you aboard! :wolf: All support is appreciated no matter how long it takes to reach this thread.

I also agree about the roster not being complete. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to fill that empty void.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Welcome to the pack, Erureido! Glad to have you on board!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I'll only believe a leak if it has gameplay.

I'm getting sick of these leaks.
This guy gets it. I'm on the same boat honestly. I don't believe ANY of this leak mumbo-dump-o. Until we see actual footage or images that aren't PS-ed, then I'll give it a chance.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
I'm Sakurai's barber, I can confirm that shrek is indeed going to be dlc.
Sakurai constantly blabs about who's going to be DLC while he's taking a jog, in a restaurant, at his barber's, at the doctor's office... That's why everyone apparently knows. True story.:baneling::secretkpop::gova::i6rkW::shiro::yeahboi::pikachu::troll::muffin::dazwa::ace::teemo::denzel::mad088:

MaxBowser

Smash Rookie
You know what I love doing, among other things? Sliding across the stage with his up special, just plowing through opponents. There's just something so satisfying about doing that. I really hope he can still do it when he comes back and they don't ruin it like they did in project m, but I'll be happy to have him back either way.

And his blaster, deflector, tilts, smashes, aerials, just.... everything about him is so great. Except his recovery and dash attack. But those things, I can deal with. Also anyone who says he's a clone of Fox. That I can do without.

I'm glad to be among fellow crazed, hyped up Wolf fans, with the same thing on our minds every day: Bring Wolf back!!!!!

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
And his blaster, deflector, tilts, smashes, aerials, just.... everything about him is so great. Except his recovery and dash attack. But those things, I can deal with. Also anyone who says he's a clone of Fox. That I can do without.
But I love his dash attack.
Is there anything Wolf's reflector does besides reflect things?

MaxBowser

Smash Rookie
I find it a bit frustrating sometimes since it doesn't seem to move him forward at all, and you kind of expect it to since most other fighters' do. But I guess I just haven't found my personal niche for it yet like I have with all his other moves.

As for the deflector, it's a nice quick surprise attack against opponents who are touching you. I guess Fox can do the same thing with his, but I don't use him so I'm not entirely sure how his is different.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
It works as a pseudo-counter if you time it. Before it's hitbox comes out you're invincible.
It was also one of the best reflectors in the game if I remember correctly, higher speed and damage.

MainJPW

M.T.A
This guy gets it. I'm on the same boat honestly. I don't believe ANY of this leak mumbo-dump-o. Until we see actual footage or images that aren't PS-ed, then I'll give it a chance.
Said it many times and I'll say it again, it's not a leak unless there's actual, viable proof and so far everything we're hearing about are rumors and nothing more than that.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Gameplay counts, right?
Of course, I mean that's the main thing to look out for.

While we are in the day and age where even gameplay footage can be faked it's still not that hard to tell the real from fake since we have the actual game(s) to compare the footage to for analysis.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Of course I want Snake back but I know full well of whether or not it'll happen.
Yeah I'd love for both Snake and wolf to comeback. If D dog gets back in then big boss needs to also.

Don't really post here often, but wolf is one of my most wanted DLC. I just forget to say much about it because it seems like almost everyone already wants wolf and there isn't more I can say that hasn't already been said about him or his chances of making it.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
If Nintendo was able to make a direct to let us know about the Ballot starting I'm sure they could have done a simple tweet to the effect of "Ballot is closed, thanks for voting. We will reveal who will be coming in the future soon!".

This would help calm the community down a lot, the longer this radio silence goes on the more people will try to capitalize on the lack of official confirmation let alone any actual details.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
It's only 3 more hours until it's 14 Oct in Japan

'bout to shoot down another rumor...
I can't recall the average time Directs and updates and things go down in Local Japan time but usually they are like 9AM from the last thing if I remember correctly.

I believe it was NWplayer who suggested there'd be a direct on the 14th and a Splatoon update on the 16th. I know the 14th direct rumour went around a bit but was NWplayer the only source?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
I can't recall the average time Directs and updates and things go down in Local Japan time but usually they are like 9AM from the last thing if I remember correctly.

I believe it was NWplayer who suggested there'd be a direct on the 14th and a Splatoon update on the 16th. I know the 14th direct rumour went around a bit but was NWplayer the only source?
Probably.

I'm not quite sure about the time though, iirc the June direct was done at like, near bedtime for Japanese, if not already bedtime here.

Point is, if we're this close to 14th already and yet we hear no news, then I don't suppose anything last-minute will happen.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Probably.

I'm not quite sure about the time though, iirc the June direct was done at like, near bedtime for Japanese, if not already bedtime here.

Point is, if we're this close to 14th already and yet we hear no news, then I don't suppose anything last-minute will happen.
I said it in the DLC discussion and I'll say it here, there is a chance of there being a direct without fanfare. It has happened at least once before with the MK8 Direct (Did the mini direct happen at random?).

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Probably.

E3 is different I'd imagine though. I do remember also I think one time a direct literally just dropped unannounced but that would have been a while ago. This is the post-iwata era and Nintendo barely announces anything anymore and just drops stuff.

If nothing does happen NWplayer will take a decent credibility hit for sure.

Logo12

Smash Lord
I said it in the DLC discussion and I'll say it here, there is a chance of there being a direct without fanfare. It has happened at least once before with the MK8 Direct (Did the mini direct happen at random?).
E3 is different I'd imagine though. I do remember also I think one time a direct literally just dropped unannounced but that would have been a while ago. This is the post-iwata era and Nintendo barely announces anything anymore and just drops stuff.

If nothing does happen NWplayer will take a decent credibility hit for sure.
Well, unannounced directs. We can't even prove it will happen or not and the possibility is just as random as Ridley suddenly made playable in a patch. Like the case of Wolf, It may sound like we'll get them every time, but the chances aren't really that high as you think.

I'm not expecting it to happen, at least.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Well, unannounced directs. We can't even prove it will happen or not and the possibility is just as random as Ridley suddenly made playable in a patch. Like the case of Wolf, It may sound like we'll get them every time, but the chances aren't really that high as you think.

I'm not expecting it to happen, at least.
He's as high as you can get, especially when you consider every other character who is being considered. Here's to hoping Nintendo communicates with us soon regardless of whatever it is they want to say or when they say it.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
He's as high as you can get, especially when you consider every other character who is being considered. Here's to hoping Nintendo communicates with us soon regardless of whatever it is they want to say or when they say it.
Look, I'm not even talking about "if", put the doubt of that aside, but it's about "when". Every time everyone thinks Wolf will be added in Next wave of DLC, since Wave 1, and all is wrong up to now. Yes, it could happen sooner or later, but not always will. It just doesn't work this way.

There's hoping that they will, but yeah, I'm not putting up my hopes to it. :/

Top Bottom