• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

GreatDave

Smash Cadet
NNID
GreatDave81
I seriously hope Sakurai PUT Wolf in.
Why Mewtwo/Roy/Lucas yes...and Wolf not?
He was my submain in Brawl, I really loved him...it woud be so nasty if he didn't come back:(

Anyway, I got a lot o complains about the roster of SSB4...now Sakurai could improve the general situation, I'm looking forward to know something!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I will be quite surprised if we don't get Wolf back, considering we got Roy back, out of all characters. He might not be released in the next "DLC batch", but surely he is coming back at some point. I hope?

shane3x

Saint of Swords
If there was gonna be a Direct this week, Nintendo should give us a heads up first.
They have dropped Directs, trailers, updates etc.. in the past out of the blue, and ever since Iwata passed away most of their announcements and content for games have been dropped out of the blue also.

I will be quite surprised if we don't get Wolf back, considering we got Roy back, out of all characters. He might not be released in the next "DLC batch", but surely he is coming back at some point. I hope?
Roy was a popular character, and was planned for Brawl. It's likely a lot of his current moveset was partially developed at least already hence he was something nice and quick to do. If we go with 3-4 characters coming back the chances Wolf not being one are incredibly low.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The only reason why I believe Roy is popular is because of this "Roy's our boy" meme that's been tossed around prior to his confirmation. There is no valid reason why people like him.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo tends to announce Directs literally 1 day before. For instance: The April 1st Direct.

The only exceptions i can remember are the Smash Brothers Directs for April 2014 and June 2015 respectively.

EDIT: If you think Roy's only reason of beign popular is just because of his chant, then you are wrong.
People simply like the playstyle of the character, and that's it. It doesn't make his fanbase any less legitimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There is no valid reason why people like him.
Since when do people need "valid reasons" to like a character?

There are people who like Roy, be it for his personality, be it for his Smash playstyle... Each of Roy's fans has their own reasons to like the character. It's something personal.

And yes, he had enough popularity to the point of Sakurai stating him and Lucas were chosen for being popular characters. The implication here is obvious: if Roy wasn't popular, he wouldn't have been picked as a downloadable character.

Hopefully, Wolf's popularity will also be taken in consideration and he returns. There's no need to be spiteful against Roy because Wolf isn't in yet, when there's the possibility of both Roy and Wolf being in the same game and have a win-win situation.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
The only reason why I believe Wolf is popular is because of this "What's the matter, scared?" meme that's been tossed around prior to his confirmation. There is no valid reason why people like him.
Look how easy it was to apply to Wolf. It's just as valid as it was when it applied to Roy.

I personally like Roy because I think he's strong, fast, and awesome. I like Wolf for the same reasons.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Look how easy it was to apply to Wolf. It's just as valid as it was when it applied to Roy.

I personally like Roy because I think he's strong, fast, and awesome. I like Wolf for the same reasons.
Except Wolf hasn't been announced...yet.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I still ain't buying it though but whatever. I personally like him mainly because I grew attached to his character and who he was when I got the DLC map with him in it when playing Awakening.

I like Wolf solely because of his role as the villain or anti-hero when I played Star Fox 64 3D.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
"The only reason why I believe Wolf is popular is because of this "What's the matter, scared?" meme that's been tossed around prior to his confirmation. There is no valid reason why people like him."

This implies that Wolf will be confirmed, which, he may not.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
This is just an opinion of mine, but Roy and Lucas are arguably less popular than Mewtwo and Wolf regarding their respective franchises--Roy and Lucas aint no Captain Falcon, yet, but when compared to Mewtwo, their advertising relied more on the fact they were already in Smash. Also, because they're more obscure, people had more doubts about their inclusion--so focusing on them is a great treat! Wolf, on the other hand, is a relatively popular character on his own(One I think could have his own spin-off) and he has been for a while. I could see Wolf being saved for last because of his relevance--if that makes any sense.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"The only reason why I believe Wolf is popular is because of this "What's the matter, scared?" meme that's been tossed around prior to his confirmation. There is no valid reason why people like him."

This implies that Wolf will be confirmed, which, he may not.
I don't know if I should be flattered or offended for using the exact words I used when discussing about Roy.

Last edited:

CaptainJimmBob

Smash Journeyman
Ideally, we would get like 7-8 more characters. Of course that will never happen, but you know. I can dream.

First up? Wolf. Wolf is the final pre-ballot character.
King K. Rool, Isaac, Impa, and Bomberman chosen from the Smash Ballot.
Snake, Dixie Kong, and Fossil Hunter (I can dream) chosen for post ballot.

If this happened, then this Smash roster would be absolutely without a doubt perfect in my eyes.

But it won't happen, most likely.

Really all I need is Wolf to be satisfied.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
12 DLC characters total (so 8 more). That's as ridiculous as I'll go purchasing DLC

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Neither. You should feel bad for trying to deny Roy's popularity.
Hey I'm not backing out from what I said. I remember one person on the Rosalina social saying the same thing about his so-called popularity and I couldn't agree more.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Hey I'm not backing out from what I said. I remember one person on the Rosalina social saying the same thing about his so-called popularity and I couldn't agree more.
Saying Roy is unpopular is like saying Rosalina is unpopular.

Why do you think they're in Smash 4? Because everyone hates them?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Saying Roy is unpopular is like saying Rosalina is unpopular.

Why do you think they're in Smash 4? Because everyone hates them?
Well I won't deny that fan requests is the main reason why they're in Smash but wanting Roy back simply just because "he's our boy" is just plain stupid.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I hate to butt in Yoshister Yoshister and Tino Tino , but there is a difference between Smash popularity and Individual popularity. Captain Falcon and arguably Ness have a nut-load of Smash popularity and possibly less individual--of course, their initial popularity got them into Smash, but when it comes to Sakurai, that's all they need to return, regardless of Individual popularity. Once a smasher, always a smasher. There are probably Fire Emblem players who don't like Roy's inclusion as there are many other Fire Emblem characters to utilize. So, to an extent, you are both right :4feroy: v.s :wolf:

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I hate to butt in Yoshister Yoshister and Tino Tino , but there is a difference between Smash popularity and Individual popularity. Captain Falcon and arguably Ness have a nut-load of Smash popularity and possibly less individual--of course, their initial popularity got them into Smash, but when it comes to Sakurai, that's all they need to return, regardless of Individual popularity. Once a smasher, always a smasher. There are probably Fire Emblem players who don't like Roy's inclusion as there are many other Fire Emblem characters to utilize. So, to an extent, you are both right :4feroy: v.s :wolf:
Well at least you know what I'm getting at here...sort of.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Oh I didn't finish my point XD It doesn't matter how popular Roy is or was in Fire Emblem, he is popular as a Smasher. If it had been any other Fire Emblem character, nobody would've thought twice about Roy. Now Wolf is another story--even if he hadn't been in Brawl, he would've been one of the most highly wanted characters in Smash

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
This is just an opinion of mine, but Roy and Lucas are arguably less popular than Mewtwo and Wolf regarding their respective franchises--Roy and Lucas aint no Captain Falcon, yet, but when compared to Mewtwo, their advertising relied more on the fact they were already in Smash. Also, because they're more obscure, people had more doubts about their inclusion--so focusing on them is a great treat! Wolf, on the other hand, is a relatively popular character on his own(One I think could have his own spin-off) and he has been for a while. I could see Wolf being saved for last because of his relevance--if that makes any sense.
With Roy I can agree with (I can name a ton of FE characters I'd rather have than him) but regarding their respective franchises I'd have to disagree with you on Lucas. The Smash popularity actually applies more to Ness, but in terms of pure francise popularity Lucas is arguably number one. If he wasn't in brawl I have no doubt that Lucas would be the first one to be supported as a second Mother character.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
These "leaks" are just getting annoying at this point...

Why would a Smashified member have knowledge about a DLC character? I highly doubt that Nintendo would trust a team that basically became popular by creating a fake leak. Maybe there's something i'm missing, but this doesn't make any logical sense to me. Maybe this leak is real, maybe it's not, I just don't care at this point. Until the DLC is officially confirmed, i'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

Edit: Sorry about how negative this post is. I believe it's important to not get too caught up with leaks. They can lead to worrying when it comes to not hearing news about the characters you want, and we need to stay strong!

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yeeeeah, whenever I come here to read the new posts I just skim past anything that talks about leaks. It seems like everyday there's half a dozen new leaks from different sources.

I just look at it as people trying to get popularity by pulling at people's heart strings either by saying "This really popular character you love is getting in" or "This random character no one cares about is getting in".

There have been leaks that have been true though and in all honesty, there's so many damn 'leaks' now that some of them are bound to be true but that's from lucky and educated guesswork and not because they know a guy who's second cousin's father's girlfriend's boss knows the dog of the son of the teacher who taught Sakurai.

Ryuvain

Lord of Revenge
Yeeeeah, whenever I come here to read the new posts I just skim past anything that talks about leaks. It seems like everyday there's half a dozen new leaks from different sources.

I just look at it as people trying to get popularity by pulling at people's heart strings either by saying "This really popular character you love is getting in" or "This random character no one cares about is getting in".

There have been leaks that have been true though and in all honesty, there's so many damn 'leaks' now that some of them are bound to be true but that's from lucky and educated guesswork and not because they know a guy who's second cousin's father's girlfriend's boss knows the dog of the son of the teacher who taught Sakurai.
So true, leaks and rumors are everywhere since nintendo has been boring its fans by doing nothing for months. (besides 1-2 stages and mii costumes if anyone cares)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Will these freaking "leaks" ever stop? I have a feeling they're being used to troll us for the most part, anyways.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The truth of it all is that we all know who the next character is. We all have connections somehow with Nintendo and all of these leaks are just some people trying to tell the truth and others throwing out random **** to try and keep us in suspense even though we all know. I know. You know. Your pet goldfish, regardless of whether you own one or not knows. We all know. Anyone who claims not to know is working with those trying to keep suspense up.

I'll spill it out to you all now. The next character is Wolf.

Sakurai felt that we didn't have enough FE characters and thought that a guy on a horse with a sword and bow would be a really unique playstyle. He also knew a bunch of people were asking for this 'Wolf' character so he chose Wolf over all other cavalier units.

Man, now I see why so many people do this. Spewing random nonsense and claiming it to be true with easily debunked logic has a sick, twisted amusement attached to it. In all seriousness though, my money is and will always be on our Lord O'Donnell being the next character. What is it a lot of you say? PoundFreeWolf?

Top Bottom