• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
2. TWO ARE PRE-BALLOT--ONE (SO FAR) is Ballot
Ok,now I get it
YASS!! :D :4shulk: mains FTW!!!!
Should I consider myself one?

(I'm only good with Shulk in For Glory Doubles)

Also,R.I.P @SAVideos he hates :4shulk:(don't attack him)

The last one, can confirm. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ORLY NOW?
The Tingle suit sucks so much i'm sure that if an ugly person put on a Tingle suit they will look pretty.

(Am I a comedian yet?)
Not yet(watch some Hidden Boots-wait,no,Normal Block-wait,no,Hidden Normal-wait,no,Boots Block-wait,no Hidden Block and Normal Boots(i did it fam.).).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since the Ballot is pretty much over this means we are basically back at beign left in the dark again just like we were during January and February of 2015.

My god the wait is driving me bananas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Thanks.:dazwa: (Not trying to be :yeahboi::gova::gova::gova:)
I know. I can already tell. :denzel:
Eh, I'll still hold onto it for Subspace. But ever since they brought Mewtwo back I've been considering selling my copy of Melee.
I've been having too much fun playing Sm4sh these days that I never had the time and effort to play Brawl again.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Nah I'm saying that maybe all 5 of the slots were meant for the gap between Mewtwo and the Ballot--with the most recent one being for the ballot and possibly beginning a Ballot run of DLC characters. Th 2 DLC characters would hold us over and still technically be pre-ballot (in terms of development). It's an over-optimistic view for sure, but hey, it's something
Ah gotcha! That makes sense, i still believe they have to give us someone. They can't expect us to wait a good 6-7 for more characters right?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Ah gotcha! That makes sense, i still believe they have to give us someone. They can't expect us to wait a good 6-7 for more characters right?
Yeah...that's kinda a flaw in my theory--I guess they'd expect the announcement of the Ballot character(s) to hold us off enough to wait for them? idk. I feel with the amount of time between June 14th and October 3rd, one of the remaining slots must have a connected character pretty close to completion. Snake could take long to implement, I suppose, and Wolf could've been timed to match Star Fox Zero (before its delay, of course). I think Mewtwo was started on and halfway through his production, Lucas, Roy, and possibly a third person were started on and worked on simultaneously--after Roy and Lucas were done, the third person was shifted down and the whole development team focused on Ryu (rather than splitting them up on separate projects). Wolf had a game coming out and thus, got the shift.

Last edited:

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
It's been almost 4 months since the last DLC, am I correct? How much longer do you think they'll have us wait for something, anything?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
It's been almost 4 months since the last DLC, am I correct? How much longer do you think they'll have us wait for something, anything?
well since the last character DLC at least--I'm confident we'll have new character(s) by mid-November. If we wait that long and get nothing but an announcement, I'll be annoyed but it'll be something.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, not surprised for more waiting. All of you should have know better even from the duration of the ballot. :troll:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Random Though.

If Wolf makes it into SM4SH, what voice do you he COULD have? SF643D voice (Like Fox), new voice actor (seems to be, with Falco) or the one that voiced him in Brawl re-recording his voice like with Mewtwo and Roy?

:bowser:

SmashFighter64

Smash Cadet
Random Though.

If Wolf makes it into SM4SH, what voice do you he COULD have? SF643D voice (Like Fox), new voice actor (seems to be, with Falco) or the one that voiced him in Brawl re-recording his voice like with Mewtwo and Roy?

:bowser:
I think he would either have his SF643D voice or reuse his voice clips from Brawl, just like Lucas.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The way I see it, the ballot is like a big test to determine if Sakurai is truly biased or not. If he doesn't add characters like Wolf or Krool, he is 100% biased and will receive proper punishment for such actions. This isn't the base roster, its DLC, and Sakurai can't use the same excuses he used with the base game, aka time restraints. I really do hope we get Wolf and Krool as DLC characters otherwise its game over for Sakurai. I really hope he's not biased against Wolf and Krool.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
The way I see it, the ballot is like a big test to determine if Sakurai is truly biased or not. If he doesn't add characters like Wolf or Krool, he is 100% biased and will receive proper punishment for such actions. This isn't the base roster, its DLC, and Sakurai can't use the same excuses he used with the base game, aka time restraints. I really do hope we get Wolf and Krool as DLC characters otherwise its game over for Sakurai. I really hope he's not biased against Wolf and Krool.
otherwise.

xDizxy

Smash Journeyman
Simple. If he doesn't release those characters, don't buy any dlc. Boycott!
#freewolf let's get that trending.

BradLeeTee

Smash Cadet
I think Sakurai already gave us a date to look forward to. If u scroll to the bottom of the main page you'll see text that says:
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS: Launch Date: 10/3/2014
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: Launch Date: 11/21/2014
2 things youll notice, October 3 is the date the ballot ends and the time difference between those 2 is about 2 months, the same time it takes to get a patch. Coincidence? I think not, Wolf is released on Nov 21 confirmed

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Simple. If he doesn't release those characters, don't buy any dlc. Boycott!
#freewolf let's get that trending.
I don't know if the boycott will really effect too much. It potentially could, but if Sakurai released others like Isaac, Snake, Bandana Dee and or Any other popular request the backlash has a good chance of getting drowned out by those who will buy the DLC. Couple that with the fact that Wolf (like all popular characters get hate).

Regardless, I do believe Wolf has a great chance of making the cut, but I can't be sure of anything as nothing is guaranteed. As far as K. Rool is concerned, I feel he's also likely, but I wouldn't bet on anyone confirmed for DLC, no matter how likely or how much sense it makes to include them.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't know if the boycott will really effect too much. It potentially could, but if Sakurai released others like Isaac, Snake, Bandana Dee and or Any other popular request the backlash has a good chance of getting drowned out by those who will buy the DLC. Couple that with the fact that Wolf (like all popular characters get hate).

Regardless, I do believe Wolf has a great chance of making the cut, but I can't be sure of anything as nothing is guaranteed. As far as K. Rool is concerned, I feel he's also likely, but I wouldn't bet on anyone confirmed for DLC, no matter how likely or how much sense it makes to include them.
Isacc apparently doesn't have a bunch of japan support, those 3 characters aren't the worse case scenario though, I'm worried that he'll add characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae. Those characters i actually would boycott. Though you would still have to wonder assuming if only those 3 did get in, why didn't Wolf and Krool. Basically it kind of would confirm some Sakurai bias. Wolf should have been pre ballot from the beginning, if Sakurai denies him for the ballot, he's got something against him.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Wolf should have been pre ballot from the beginning.
Pre-ballot? He SHOULD'VE been in the base game especially before someone like freakin' Dr. Mario someone barely anyone clamored for back. I don't want to hear "Oh there is only so much time in development" bull**** as I'm sure Wolf would've been faster to make than Dr. Mario as Sakurai himself has stated it's harder to port stuff from Melee as it's so old. Wolf is less of a clone than Dr. Mario is that's for sure. I also don't want to hear "relevancy at the time of Smash's release before Zero was announced" because Star Fox 64 3D released in 2011 where as Dr. Mario's last game (before Miracle Cure on the 3DS) was Dr. Mario Online RX which released in 2008 and was a download only title. No Dr. Luigi doesn't count. Sorry if this rant is random but just came from another forum where someone tried to justify Wolf's non-inclusion in the base roster.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I hope they actually do release the results of the ballot.
I'm confident Wolf will be there, and at the top, and if he is, and he's still not a playable character then yep, it's definitely bias. But then there'd still be one question remaining, why would anyone even be biased against Wolf in the first place?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I hope they actually do release the results of the ballot.
I'm confident Wolf will be there, and at the top, and if he is, and he's still not a playable character then yep, it's definitely bias. But then there'd still be one question remaining, why would anyone even be biased against Wolf in the first place?
There are the haters, who utterly fail at trying to come up with actual reasons to dislike Wolf. As for Sakurai, he turned down Star Fox to make Kid Icarus Uprising. The possible bias could be him just not liking Star Fox any more. Star Fox pretty much got ****** on this game, from the decrease in reps, to the lack of new content, and of course
:4fox::BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
There are the haters, who utterly fail at trying to come up with actual reasons to dislike Wolf. As for Sakurai, he turned down Star Fox to make Kid Icarus Uprising. The possible bias could be him just not liking Star Fox any more. Star Fox pretty much got ****** on this game, from the decrease in reps, to the lack of new content, and of course
:4fox::BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
No comment on most of your points since I disagree but in terms of Sakurai turning down SF for KI: U, I believe he supplied a reason for his decision which I thought made sense. He wanted to incorporate different angles and views or something and didn't feel it would work with Starfox. Which is a very purist way of looking at it but I wouldn't say biased/hateful.
New Trailer/DLC Announcement Coming?! - Private V…: http://youtu.be/b-RK6ox6_LE
Thought I might put this to see your opinions/thoughts
Actually it was found that the video they privated was an old 2014 commercial of Smash 3DS

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
No comment on most of your points since I disagree but in terms of Sakurai turning down SF for KI: U, I believe he supplied a reason for his decision which I thought made sense. He wanted to incorporate different angles and views or something and didn't feel it would work with Starfox. Which is a very purist way of looking at it but I wouldn't say biased/hateful.

Actually it was found that the video they privated was an old 2014 commercial of Smash 3DS
Yeah, I just fear he got too indulged with Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem. Seriously those 2 franchises got so much stuff this game. We shall see in time if he is biased or not.
New Trailer/DLC Announcement Coming?! - Private V…: http://youtu.be/b-RK6ox6_LE
Thought I might put this to see your opinions/thoughts
Why is he playing with our emotions, the video's just a crappy old smash run commercial.

Furret24

Smash Master
Pre-ballot? He SHOULD'VE been in the base game especially before someone like freakin' Dr. Mario someone barely anyone clamored for back. I don't want to hear "Oh there is only so much time in development" bull**** as I'm sure Wolf would've been faster to make than Dr. Mario as Sakurai himself has stated it's harder to port stuff from Melee as it's so old. Wolf is less of a clone than Dr. Mario is that's for sure. I also don't want to hear "relevancy at the time of Smash's release before Zero was announced" because Star Fox 64 3D released in 2011 where as Dr. Mario's last game (before Miracle Cure on the 3DS) was Dr. Mario Online RX which released in 2008 and was a download only title. No Dr. Luigi doesn't count. Sorry if this rant is random but just came from another forum where someone tried to justify Wolf's non-inclusion in the base roster.
If you're going to complain about Doc getting over Wolf, atleast get your facts straight. Dr. Mario Express came out in 2009 (atleast in Murica).

Yes, time constraints is a legit issue. Dr. Mario is Mario with slightly different astectics, damage and knockback values, and two other moves. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wolf is far less of a clone to Fox than Doc is to Mario with various different moves and animations.
:gawmelee:

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390

There's nothing more boring or annoying than waiting on Wolf himself...
I just want to be interested in Sm4sh so I can play it again.
At least we can wait without worry. Other veteran supporters (Ice Climbers, Pichu, Ivysaur, etc.) supporters have no such luck.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Did anyone notice?

https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/

In case you missed it, the ballot in the US is closed now.
Noticed just before I saw your post too.

That practically gives us no other info tho... It really seems like Nintendo is being so non-serious about this ballot...

Or, the exact opposite, we are being too serious about the ballot's meaning...

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Brother, we all feel your pain--but while your post about Melee ports is correct, Dr. Mario did not need a Melee port--he is a clone of Mario and shares the same model, no less. So moves and model are not a problem when it comes to Dr. Mario. Pichu, for example, would require a new model as he is smaller than Pikachu and has a differently shaped body. Also, Dr. Mario was started as a costume and because it's s easy to copy/paste and since they had little development time, Dr. Mario was upgraded from a costume for Mario to his own clone. Dr. Mario did not take anyone's spot--and he didn't take any development time. Also, saying Wolf is less of a clone to Fox then Dr. Mario to Mario is a huge slap in the face to us Wolf fans and if that were the case, there would not be as much support. Wolf, Lucas, Roy, and Mewtwo all should've been in the base game--notice how they're all either semi-clones from Brawl or cut veterans from Melee. Wolf did not get the short straw--him and Lucas were cut so Megaman, Pac-Man, and Greninja could be finsihed first. If you're going to complain about any of the characters taking priority over Wolf, do it to Wii Fit Trainer

Last edited:

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
WHEN Wolf is in the game I'll be like
╚═( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…..╚(███)╝
……╚(██)╝
………(█)
……….*

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Brother, we all feel your pain--but while your post about Melee ports is correct, Dr. Mario did not need a Melee port--he is a clone of Mario and shares the same model, no less. So moves and model are not a problem when it comes to Dr. Mario. Pichu, for example, would require a new model as he is smaller than Pikachu and has a differently shaped body. Also, Dr. Mario was started as a costume and because it's s easy to copy/paste and since they had little development time, Dr. Mario was upgraded from a costume for Mario to his own clone. Dr. Mario did not take anyone's spot--and he didn't take any development time. Also, saying Wolf is less of a clone to Fox then Dr. Mario to Mario is a huge slap in the face to us Wolf fans and if that were the case, there would not be as much support. Wolf, Lucas, Roy, and Mewtwo all should've been in the base game--notice how they're all either semi-clones from Brawl or cut veterans from Melee. Wolf did not get the short straw--him and Lucas were cut so Megaman, Pac-Man, and Greninja could be finsihed first. If you're going to complain about any of the characters taking priority over Wolf, do it to Wii Fit Trainer
Wolf, Lucas and Mewtwo should have been base game, I will agree with you there.
Roy shouldn't be in Smash 4 at all.

Wii Fit Trainer is deserving of her role in Smash. She's relatively well known and is a nice silly addition.

WHEN Wolf is in the game I'll be like
╚═( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
…╚═(███)═╝
..╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝
╚═(███)═╝
.╚═(███)═╝