• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Hi guys I had a vacations of Smashboards by university and football.
Any Wolf news? :wolf:

Well, this sudden(?) selection of a new president happens and it said it will be in effect on 16 Sep, what patternist called the possible day for the next wave DLC.

Anything to look for? I still doubt it.
I don't think that we'll have the next DLC until October 3 as final Pre DLC or maybe December as Post Ballot DLC making long term in commercialization of DLC like MK8, Splatoon, and other fighting DLC prescence on MKX or SFV

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Hi guys I had a vacations of Smashboards by university and football.
Any Wolf news? :wolf:

I don't think that we'll have the next DLC until October 3 as final Pre DLC or maybe December as Post Ballot DLC making long term in commercialization of DLC like MK8, Splatoon, and other fighting DLC prescence on MKX or SFV
No news so far, unfortunately.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Even if he did know, he couldn't tell us. Its an embargo deal. Wolf isn't in Smash 4 because he wasn't a priority and there wasn't enough time to add him.
If that doesn't work we could always storm Nintendo of Japan's headquarters and demand Sakurai to put Wolf back in but we could get in trouble with that. Back to the waiting game then.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
It makes sense for Wolf to be low priority. Okay. But it makes no sense for him to be cut.

I just felt like saying this. No real reason why.
I personally think there was a reason him and Lucas were not in the original roster because they had NO reason to be cut.

Furret24

Smash Master
Even if Wolf is the last character added, as long as he makes it in, that's all that matters.
In both of my playthroughs of Brawl, Wolf was the last character I got. I would like to live through that again in this game, as if it were some sort of tradition.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
In both of my playthroughs of Brawl, Wolf was the last character I got. I would like to live through that again in this game, as if it were some sort of tradition.
Subspace Emmisary was pretty fun, well, aside from the Great Maze. I still remember unlocking the 3 secret characters like it was yesterday.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I honestly believe that Mewtwo was intended for the base build of the game, being planned as the character (I got this idea from the initial "Mewtwo will be the only DLC")

I think Roy and Lucas were "put on hold" per se being semi-clones of existing characters
* If you see a semi-clone veteran in the roster, they have been in more than two games (I include Toon Link in this because the concept is the same as Young Link. Lucas was not as much of a Veteran as Falco, Luigi, and Ganondork--I guess you could say being recent put you up for being dropped. With the lucky inclusions in the past (Ganondorf, Wolf, Toon Link, Jigglypuff), once could say these characters are the extremely lucky bunch
** Medical Mario, Female Marth, and Gothic Pit were easy clones made with little time, so one should give Sakurai a pass
Come to think of it, other than the forbidden three, I don't think there are any NEW semi-clones besides them, so Sakurai didn't just flat out ignore the Brawl semi-clones (and Roy for that matter).

Ryu is what baffles me. Special Development was put towards making him (it said it in the Smash Direct a while back.) I really want to say that it meant Ryu didn't signify the end of veteran DLC.

Edit: This really makes me wonder how tight Brawl would've been with DLC

Here's something that fits priority, based on who is in the base game
1. Since Smash 64
2. Melee-Brawl vets
3. Newcomers
3. Brawl vets with 100% uniqueness
4. Ditchers (Mewtwo and Roy) and Brawl Semi-clones (Lucas and Wolf)

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So... Nintendo elects their new President and on September 30th we have confirmed Smash news. The August DLC "Snuck in early" by just a day. Perhaps the October DLC will sneak in early like August's did. I hate to get my hopes up, but this gives me hope.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So... Nintendo elects their new President and on September 30th we have confirmed Smash news. The August DLC "Snuck in early" by just a day. Perhaps the October DLC will sneak in early like August's did. I hate to get my hopes up, but this gives me hope.
I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to release DLC in early October. That's when the Ballot ends, after all.

Nintendicted

Smash Cadet
There was something that some people on Reddit pointed out that the stage layout on the second screen is weird, like there is a stage missing. If that's the case then hopefully we will get even more with it. (Sector Z/ sfzero Wolf bundle pls...)

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Okay, that stage looks hype as hell.
Wanna know what else

Wolf........new DLC,Falco buffs,Samus buffs,Mewtwo buffs,!!!!!!SHEIK NERFS!!!!!!,new Mii costumes

Wolf,Isaac or Squirtle/Ivysaur,Super Mario Maker,Mii Costumes(including Pixel Mario costume,Slippy Outfit and Mask(like an amusement park mascot)Smash Tuxedo and Combover Wig,New glasses option(eyepatch,3D glasses,etc.)you can make your own custom moves for Mii's,they also have voices and are usable online(tho we had to censor some inappropriate words for bullying or exposure purposes).Yeah that's my dream DLC

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Wanna know what else

Wolf........new DLC,Falco buffs,Samus buffs,Mewtwo buffs,!!!!!!SHEIK NERFS!!!!!!,new Mii costumes

Wolf,Isaac or Squirtle/Ivysaur,Super Mario Maker,Mii Costumes(including Pixel Mario costume,Slippy Outfit and Mask(like an amusement park mascot)Smash Tuxedo and Combover Wig,New glasses option(eyepatch,3D glasses,etc.)you can make your own custom moves for Mii's,they also have voices and are usable online(tho we had to censor some inappropriate words for bullying or exposure purposes).Yeah that's my dream DLC
0/10 No Pichu or Rayman.
Do you really think that little will be released?

Last edited:

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I honestly believe that Mewtwo was intended for the base build of the game, being planned as the character (I got this idea from the initial "Mewtwo will be the only DLC")

I think Roy and Lucas were "put on hold" per se being semi-clones of existing characters
* If you see a semi-clone veteran in the roster, they have been in more than two games (I include Toon Link in this because the concept is the same as Young Link. Lucas was not as much of a Veteran as Falco, Luigi, and Ganondork--I guess you could say being recent put you up for being dropped. With the lucky inclusions in the past (Ganondorf, Wolf, Toon Link, Jigglypuff), once could say these characters are the extremely lucky bunch
** Medical Mario, Female Marth, and Gothic Pit were easy clones made with little time, so one should give Sakurai a pass
Come to think of it, other than the forbidden three, I don't think there are any NEW semi-clones besides them, so Sakurai didn't just flat out ignore the Brawl semi-clones (and Roy for that matter).

Ryu is what baffles me. Special Development was put towards making him (it said it in the Smash Direct a while back.) I really want to say that it meant Ryu didn't signify the end of veteran DLC.

Edit: This really makes me wonder how tight Brawl would've been with DLC

Here's something that fits priority, based on who is in the base game
1. Since Smash 64
2. Melee-Brawl vets
3. Newcomers
3. Brawl vets with 100% uniqueness
4. Ditchers (Mewtwo and Roy) and Brawl Semi-clones (Lucas and Wolf)
Ryu's internal ID comes before Lucas and Roy so...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never mind. Can't wait to see what is in store for us on the 30th.

Last edited:
Top Bottom