• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What are the responsibilities of thread owner?
In a nutshell, updates the first post with things like why the character would be likely, why people support them, and other things like a supporters list, ideas for moveset changes/updates as well as custom move swaps, expected easter eggs (things like codecs), etc.

Probably biggest of all is that you'd be able to change the title to something with a little more pizzazz.

At any rate, since you were the only one to get more than one (self) recommendation, I've gone ahead and given you ownership.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
In a nutshell, updates the first post with things like why the character would be likely, why people support them, and other things like a supporters list, ideas for moveset changes/updates as well as custom move swaps, expected easter eggs (things like codecs), etc.

Probably biggest of all is that you'd be able to change the title to something with a little more pizzazz.

At any rate, since you were the only one to get more than one (self) recommendation, I've gone ahead and given you ownership.
Thank you I accept.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Count me in. Always sucks to lose a character, and Wolf going is baffling to me. Here's hoping for him and Lucas to make a return.

Since Fox and Falco have their SF643D voices, that means there's a possibility we'll get British Wolf, which makes me want him back even more.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Count me in. Always sucks to lose a character, and Wolf going is baffling to me. Here's hoping for him and Lucas to make a return.

Since Fox and Falco have their SF643D voices, that means there's a possibility we'll get British Wolf, which makes me want him back even more.
The Fact we could get a British Wolf makes me smile much more than I should.

Also I love the fact you want not only Wolf but Lucas as well :')
These two deserve to come-back together :)

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I have some ideas for a thread name, but would like your feedback and suggestions first.
1. Can't let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC
2. Playtime's over Sakurai, Wolf for DLC
3. Wolf's wild DLC Hype Wolfen
4. No way I don't believe it! A Wolf for DLC thread
5. We're going to have fun with this thing, Wolf for DLC.

I kind of like 5, but what do you guys think?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I have some ideas for a thread name, but would like your feedback and suggestions first.

I am in battle with myself over Number 2 & 5 Number 4 to me sounds too Egg Manish
Either or though between 2 & 4 anything to see my mains get the justice they deserve :'3
:lucas::popo::wolf: Never give up through the struggle.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I hereby support Wolf for Smash 4 DLC.

It's gonna be weird hearing Rick May voice Wolf after witnessing what happened to Fox and Falco's voices. But hey, Wolf will always sound badass.

With a new Star Fox on the horizon, it'd be pretty dumb not to leave Wolf out of Smash. He, as a potential DLC character, could be used as a promotional tool for the new game.

I've got a few ideas for custom moves for Wolf.

Blaster

- Blaster Slash: Keeps the melee hit of the move but does not fire a projectile. The melee hit does more damage.
- Steady Blaster: Operates like Falco's Blaster without the melee strike. Has faster startup.

Wolf Flash

- Wolf Illusion: operates like Falco Phantasm- the move will lose its vertical momentum and meteor smash at the apex, but will Meteor Smash opponents with the dash.
- Wolf Interceptor: Wolf readies himself, then attacks if he is struck. The resulting dash will deliver powerful knockback.

Fire Wolf

-
Controlled Wolf: The direction of the move can be changed, but it gains less distance.
- Tornado Wolf: The move has a wind effect, pushing and pulling opponents away. It does not do any damage.

Reflector

- Stun Reflector: Has slower startup and no invincibility frames, but will paralyze anyone who is hit with the move.
- Flash Reflector: Faster startup and amplifies reflected projectiles, but only reflects during startup.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I hereby support Wolf for Smash 4 DLC.

It's gonna be weird hearing Rick May voice Wolf after witnessing what happened to Fox and Falco's voices. But hey, Wolf will always sound badass.

With a new Star Fox on the horizon, it'd be pretty dumb not to leave Wolf out of Smash. He, as a potential DLC character, could be used as a promotional tool for the new game.

I've got a few ideas for custom moves for Wolf.

Blaster

- Blaster Slash: Keeps the melee hit of the move but does not fire a projectile. The melee hit does more damage.
- Steady Blaster: Operates like Falco's Blaster without the melee strike. Has faster startup.

Wolf Flash

- Wolf Illusion: operates like Falco Phantasm- the move will lose its vertical momentum and meteor smash at the apex, but will Meteor Smash opponents with the dash.
- Wolf Interceptor: Wolf readies himself, then attacks if he is struck. The resulting dash will deliver powerful knockback.

Fire Wolf

-
Controlled Wolf: The direction of the move can be changed, but it gains less distance.
- Tornado Wolf: The move has a wind effect, pushing and pulling opponents away. It does not do any damage.

Reflector

- Stun Reflector: Has slower startup and no invincibility frames, but will paralyze anyone who is hit with the move.
- Flash Reflector: Faster startup and amplifies reflected projectiles, but only reflects during startup.
It's.. it's... IT'S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I beat StarFox:Assault last week, and I am playing it through again today. It reminded me of how much I ****ing love wolf. I picked him up in PM and I really want him to be DLC, whether he be alone or a "Veteran Pack".

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120

I like the first one because its my favorite video game quote ever
I even have the coffee mug :p

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534

#1, definitely.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209

(6.?)Don't think, just add Wolf as DLC. (StarFox:Assault quote)

mark welford

Smash Ace
wolfsm4sh.png
What do you guys think of my new avatar? I made it myself:) the smash logo is like the moon! I just realized it is very melee-esque.

Last edited:

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
#1 for sure, dude. Oh yeah, and count me in on that supporter's list!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Add me as a supporter! Wolf would have top priority over the other SF newcomers again (unless we get some SF character alts released with Wolf like Peppy, Slippy, Katt, etc) and could advertise for Star Fox Wii U next year. It was sad to see Wolf not return but there's still hope for DLC. And maybe if we get more than 1 DLC character they will be categorized on the roster together like how the clones were :4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:.

British Wolf is too op.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm just going to put this here: I'm all for Wolf to return. Regardless of how you looked at it, he was his own unique fighter and deserves to come back - there's no point in having a once three-rep series drop to two when they're like Ryu and Ken.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Ah Good Morning fellow Howlers :) I wake up to this brand new thread name to coincide with the Lucas thread and it's PK Love support Great Choice for the name guys :D
View attachment 28790 What do you guys think of my new avatar? I made it myself:) the smash logo is like the moon!
Looks awesome :) He doesn't look to happy though wonder why?......SAKURAI
I'm just going to put this here: I'm all for Wolf to return. Regardless of how you looked at it, he was his own unique fighter and deserves to come back - there's no point in having a once three-rep series drop to two when they're like Ryu and Ken.
K Rool and Wolf supporter are you ? Awesome always need more villains on the roster :D
Looks awesome, Also I'm here to support my boy wolf
I see from your signature you support Wolf and Lucas...... I approve :D
So Much positivity in the threads for these three My mains:
&:wolf:&:popo:
My wonderful mains getting all the support they need :') Truly brings a tear to my eye.

0ShadowStories

Smash Rookie
I'd like my main man (er...animal?) back.
Also Jeremy Irons would be amazing for a VA for Wolf, even though that wont happen.

D

Deleted member

Oh cool! There's a support list on the front page!
Can you please put me down on it? Out of all the Brawl cuts, Wolf was the only one that I actually cared about and was the most upset over. I am a bit worried that Sakurai might not put him in because his specials are now custom moves for Fox... nonetheless, I still have some hope for him. It's a major shame that we lost such a unique character in Smash, especially one that is as big of a Nintendo all-star as Wolf.
EDIT: I should also mention that out of all the Star Fox characters, I liked playing as Wolf the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom