• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I remember when he said he had no plans for dlc. not complaining or anything just saying is all
I think the outcry from fans saying they want DLC made Sakurai want to work even harder to make his fans happy.

Sakurai is tired from the hard work from making this game, but he's willing to work even harder to make us all happy.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
You can add me to the support list. Wolf was THE only character I liked using in Brawl so you can probably understand how I felt when I found out his wasn't part of the initial roster. All that said I think his chances of getting in are ridiculously high. With the news about DLC being here for the long term and Star Fox U on the way his chances of making it in are 99.9%. As for how long it will take is a different story but once he's confirmed we're golden.

Besides, :wolf:"I'm owed an apology for being cut-and I WILL have it!"

You'll be seeing "Your dad soon :foxmelee:" me around here often so :4myfriends:"Prepare yourself" for any posts I'll make in the future.

(And don't forget to vote people. "Don't get too cocky Star :foxmelee:" thinking he is a shoe-in/guaranteed to be in. Chances are high, but until confirmation happens, there are no guarantees so vote 4 :wolf: if you haven't already.)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Is there being too much DLC a thing? I don't know, I feel like all this DLC takes away from the original cast of characters intended for this game. Really, I feel like only cut veterans should return.
Well, we are living in an age where DLC can extend the life of a series significantly. It's just that Nintendo is only taking their first steps with this idea, so maybe at first they might feel a bit hesitant about it. But there's no question that DLC can bring more to their games, whether it was something that was meant to be in initially or something new.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Alright so I came up with a theory that, if it happens, guarantee's Wolf's return by the end of the year. (This theory probably has a 1% of happening but who knows)

If you look at the remaining amiibo's to be released (excluding dlc characters) you'll see that only :4falco::4rob::4gaw:&:4duckhunt: are left to be released. Notice that 3 of these characters are old retro characters and one isn't. The latest wave of amiibo's come out in September. Based on the amiibo release schedule, there's a high chance that this wave will be released during the holiday season. Star Fox Wii U is guaranteed to be out by then (Wolf won't let them delay it) which will most likely (unless it's been confirmed already) have amiibo support for the Fox and Falco amiibo. This explains why the Falco amiibo is taking so long to get out compared to all the other ones so they can release it alongside SF Wii U.

Now if we look at the release schedule for DLC characters, they seem to follow a 2 month release period. So 2 months from June when Lucas comes out, Roy/Ryu will be out in August and the other in October. SF Wii U will be probably be out in November. Wolf gets announced at E3 or at some other point in time and gets released in December or maybe even sooner if we're lucky to go along side Star Fox Wii U in a big advertising campaign. Then at some point the DLC amiibo's will be out which would include Wolf and Star Fox Wii U will have support for him (not guaranteed but likely). By that time, Wolf will be back, a new Star Fox game will be out, everyone will be happy and play time will be over for all Fox users on For Glory.

I made this theory based on Falco being one of the last amiibo's to be released.

Is it any good or is it wishful thinking? Regardless of what happens, I am 99.9% positive that Falco being one of the last amiibo's is no coincidence.

(And how do you make spoiler tags?)

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Man this place is more barren than Titania Desert. Can't let that happen so here's some encouragement. (Wall of text incoming: deploy the landmaster)

There is literally absolutely no reason for Wolf to not make it into the game. With Lucas (and most likely Roy) confirmed, Wolf has literally no competition to be next in line against veterans, which are the most wanted and the easiest to make. The only veterans that can challenge him are Snake and the Ice Climbers, but their chances of making it into the game are very slim. Wolf is more popular than any remaining potential newcomer if polls mean anything and is definitely much easier to get into the game even if he wasn't thanks to Brawl data porting and having his move set "already done" compared to newcomers who need to be made from scratch. Faster release plus less costs = more profit. Plus with Star Fox Wii U, the advertising potential is huge plus it gives Wolf a new game which kills the "irrelevance argument" which Lucas already killed. The whole "Fox stole 1 custom move so he can't be in" means jack since Lucas still has all of his specials which Ness "stole" from him. And before some brings up "The Wolf color for Fox" I point to the Mario "Wario" color and vice versa along with the Marth "Roy" color. Lastly, the Wolf trophy? Since Mewtwo gets brand new trophy's, the assault trophy is just a bonus trophy and doesn't hurt his chances one bit. The character selection screen doesn't mean jack anymore since Mewtwo got put in a "DLC corner" .

Literally THE ONLY reason Wolf won't be in is developer bias/the staff has an unreasonable hate/grudge against him. But considering Namco's the developer of this game and the fact they developed Star Fox: Assault (which got a whole trophy box dedicated to it), they can't let that happen.

If nothing else, we need a Star Fox character with good taunts because Fox's voice and r.i.p. "hands off my bread".

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Alright so I came up with a theory that, if it happens, guarantee's Wolf's return by the end of the year. (This theory probably has a 1% of happening but who knows)

If you look at the remaining amiibo's to be released (excluding dlc characters) you'll see that only :4falco::4rob::4gaw:&:4duckhunt: are left to be released. Notice that 3 of these characters are old retro characters and one isn't. The latest wave of amiibo's come out in September. Based on the amiibo release schedule, there's a high chance that this wave will be released during the holiday season. Star Fox Wii U is guaranteed to be out by then (Wolf won't let them delay it) which will most likely (unless it's been confirmed already) have amiibo support for the Fox and Falco amiibo. This explains why the Falco amiibo is taking so long to get out compared to all the other ones so they can release it alongside SF Wii U.

Now if we look at the release schedule for DLC characters, they seem to follow a 2 month release period. So 2 months from June when Lucas comes out, Roy/Ryu will be out in August and the other in October. SF Wii U will be probably be out in November. Wolf gets announced at E3 or at some other point in time and gets released in December or maybe even sooner if we're lucky to go along side Star Fox Wii U in a big advertising campaign. Then at some point the DLC amiibo's will be out which would include Wolf and Star Fox Wii U will have support for him (not guaranteed but likely). By that time, Wolf will be back, a new Star Fox game will be out, everyone will be happy and play time will be over for all Fox users on For Glory.

I made this theory based on Falco being one of the last amiibo's to be released.

Is it any good or is it wishful thinking? Regardless of what happens, I am 99.9% positive that Falco being one of the last amiibo's is no coincidence.

(And how do you make spoiler tags?)
4 does seem a little small for a wave of amiibo, they usually have at least 6. But with DLC characters that would be 10

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
4 does seem a little small for a wave of amiibo, they usually have at least 6. But with DLC characters that would be 10
That's one way of looking at it, except for the fact that wave 5 is only 2 (Dark Pit & Palutena) characters and Wave 6 is only 5 characters so it's not impossible.

Plus, in EU and JP, Zero Suit Sexy and Oldman G-dorf are released alongside wave 5 which makes it 4 characters released and Wave 6 is only 3.characters released.

Of course it's also possible that M2 and Lucas are released at the same time, which would bump it up to 6 but who knows what will happen.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
That's one way of looking at it, except for the fact that wave 5 is only 2 (Dark Pit & Palutena) characters and Wave 6 is only 5 characters so it's not impossible.

Plus, in EU and JP, Zero Suit Sexy and Oldman G-dorf are released alongside wave 5 which makes it 4 characters released and Wave 6 is only 3.characters released.

Of course it's also possible that M2 and Lucas are released at the same time, which would bump it up to 6 but who knows what will happen.
Forgot about wave 5

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Guys, I just found something.

Jay Ward, the (amazing) voice actor for Wolf, is credited for Smash Bros for 3DS on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3005477/#actor It doesn't credit him for any voice though.

However, I understand IMDb is semi-open-source, so I dunno.

EDIT: I forgot about the Fox codec thing. Oh well.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Guys, I just found something.

Jay Ward, the (amazing) voice actor for Wolf, is credited for Smash Bros for 3DS on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3005477/#actor It doesn't credit him for any voice though.

However, I understand IMDb is semi-open-source, so I dunno.
I've never trusted that site:

According to it, Fox in melee (as a fighter) was voiced by his 64 English actor, which is false.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I'd assume the credits are the same between versions right?
This is key. The Lylat Cruise convos and the Metroid songs are only in the Wii U version. If he's credited in the 3DS version than it would make sense that he isn't credited for any voice since his voice isn't there at all.

The Wii U version credits the guys who voice the Star Fox crew in the Melee Corneria stage convos even though that stage is (stupidly) exclusive to the 3DS

Even though imdb isn't the most reliable site in the world, it can be accurate at times.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I remember there was a "leak" a while back that was using imdb as a source for returning and new characters. I wouldn't believe anything on there until all DLC and all content is officially available. Just like Wikipedia, it can be edited by anybody.

D

Deleted member

If wolf could have 1 sidekick from his team to fight with him in battle, i wonder who would it be? Seeing as how star fox has his comrade with him...

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Last night my college had a Smash night with Smash 4, PM, and Melee. I played Smash 4 for a while, it being my favorite game in the franchise (and the only smash I play on a semi-regular basis), but then after I was eliminated in the Smash 4 tournament they had I went and played some PM with one of my friends and some other people I met. Of course I picked :wolf: and I was rusty at first, due to me not playing Brawl or PM in a while, but after a while I was doing great with him and now I want Wolf back in Smash 4 more than ever.

Let's hope all of this support through forums and the smash ballot is working. Plus, I wanna give more time to the other characters I want in smash that have less of a chance. But I won't give up on Wolf until he is officially announced. I hope it's just a matter of time. Nobody deserves to have their main cut. Nobody.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
It's the 26th in Japan right now... And the 27th is the anniversary of Wolf's debut in Star Fox 64.

Let's cross our fingers, kids.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Last night my college had a Smash night with Smash 4, PM, and Melee. I played Smash 4 for a while, it being my favorite game in the franchise (and the only smash I play on a semi-regular basis), but then after I was eliminated in the Smash 4 tournament they had I went and played some PM with one of my friends and some other people I met. Of course I picked :wolf: and I was rusty at first, due to me not playing Brawl or PM in a while, but after a while I was doing great with him and now I want Wolf back in Smash 4 more than ever.

Let's hope all of this support through forums and the smash ballot is working. Plus, I wanna give more time to the other characters I want in smash that have less of a chance. But I won't give up on Wolf until he is officially announced. I hope it's just a matter of time. Nobody deserves to have their main cut. Nobody.
Having a main cut in Smash is one of the most devastating things to happen with a new installment. This is the first time I felt the pain after getting my ICies cut. Especially for them being a two time veteran and I've been playing as them for nearly a decade. With Wolf, while I never played as him that much in Brawl, I've been playing as him when I go back a bit more often reminding myself how fun he is to play as. When I first played as him in Brawl, I didn't consider him having a clone moveset. I considered him having a Star Fox moveset (or a Star Wolf one). I hope these veterans come back soon because I feel as if I can die happily when I have all the essentials :4mewtwo::popo::4lucas::wolf: return as DLC in Smash 4. And as for everyone else in this thread, just know that I'm rooting for you. Let's free Wolf!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's the 26th in Japan right now... And the 27th is the anniversary of Wolf's debut in Star Fox 64.

Let's cross our fingers, kids.
Okay then! Still, you don't think Wolf will be announced for Smash DLC on the 27th in Japan, do you?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Okay then! Still, you don't think Wolf will be announced for Smash DLC on the 27th in Japan, do you?
It would be a pleasant surprise, also here are the results for Wolf in rate their chances for DLC.
WOLF
CHANCE: 93.04%
WANT: 76.12%
One word people: Domination.
Next up we're rating Shovel Knight and you can predict what score fellow Indie game star Quote will get tomorrow.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It would be a pleasant surprise, also here are the results for Wolf in rate their chances for DLC.
It is good to see there is a high percentage of people wanting Wolf in. However, it is even better to see the chance be rated much higher. I don't see how they can forget about Wolf in terms of adding him as DLC.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
If wolf could have 1 sidekick from his team to fight with him in battle, i wonder who would it be? Seeing as how star fox has his comrade with him...
Eh, to be completely honest I don't feel the need for anybody else in Star Wolf to be in smash. I think just Wolf is completely acceptable. However, I'm gonna go with Leon. I think out of him, Panther, and Andrew and Pigma (Who aren't even in Star Wolf anymore) he would be the best choice. Panther wouldn't be a bad choice per say, Leon is a bit more well known and has been in Star Wolf since the beginning.

Though If we do get another Star Fox rep other than (or in addition to) Wolf, I am voting for Bill Grey. He's an extremely underrated character that would be a unique addition to Smash. Plus for his final smash, he could summon his troops and they could fly around the stage attacking the other fighters. That would be pretty cool!

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Well, here's my logic. Bill is in no way affiliated with Star Fox, so his training and equipment must be different than Fox and Falco's, and almost for sure different than Wolf's. He would use whatever weapons and fighting techniques that the CDF/CFA gave him, as he graduated from the CFA, whereas Fox did not. Whatever the cadets learn there is not explicitly mentioned, but I suppose if Bill made it in Smash we may have that question answered.

Again, he only is a minor character, so not a whole lot is known about him. This really is a shame, because Sakurai isn't known for putting minor characters in Smash, especially in a medium-sized series such as Star Fox. However, his different experiences as a pilot has the potential for a different moveset and a completely different final smash (isn't that why Wolf got cut, because of that stupid Landmaster meme?). Anyways, I could see Bill being a breath of fresh air for the SF universe in Smash, but that may just be me.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i wish i could post this on the front page to tell this but, this is usually the place of starfox but look at this
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo
go to the bottom and look at fox

is that a new render?
NEW/BRAWL STARFOX DESIGNS CONFIRMED FOR NEW GAME?
THIS MEANS WOLF WILL BE IN HIS BRAWL DESIGN!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
i wish i could post this on the front page to tell this but, this is usually the place of starfox but look at this
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo
go to the bottom and look at fox

is that a new render?
NEW/BRAWL STARFOX DESIGNS CONFIRMED FOR NEW GAME?
THIS MEANS WOLF WILL BE IN HIS BRAWL DESIGN!
So they're sticking with the command design then? Meh, I'd prefer something new but at least that rules out it being a reeboot

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
That's not new. I don't know where it comes from, but it's definitely not modern HD artwork. They probably got it from some old promo art hardly anyone saw.

Top Bottom