• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cant decide who to main

Standard Muffin

Smash Rookie
Im looking for a strong fast arial attacker. In melee I was a Gannondorf and Falco user, which both practically played both of their games in the air. Without l cancelling gannon is now glued to the floor in competitve playing and Falco without fast falling is just something I can't do. lol

So far I've been looking at Wolf, P Trainer, Olimar, And King DDD.

King DDD is kinda too slow for me, but cmon, a giant penguin with a hammer? How can I resist. Wolf seems like more of a mediocre character, with stregnths on the ground and air along with a decent projectile. Olimar has a steep learning curve, but once thats over I'm sure hes got great advantages. Pokemon trainer has Charizard, which is pretty much a tank, along with Ivysaur's projectiles and Squirtle's annoying arials.

Im sort of torn between Wolf, Olimar, and P Trainer.

Is there any other characters other than Pit that anyone may suggest I try? I can't personally stand pit, I have no idea why.

Thanks for the advice.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
R.O.B. is awesome with aerials and probably will do great in tier ranking

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
T. Link is awesome. awesome aerials, awesome recovery, awesome projectiles. he is just awesome all around imo.
Agreed. Toon Link is a shade faster than Adult Link and his boomerang can be argued to be better. You can pull off nice combos with his dair and foward B special.

That said, out of the 3 characters you said you were contemplating on using, Pokemon Trainer is another good choice. Ivysaur is grossly underestimated, but hes easily the best Pokemon of the 3 in my book.

Tables

Smash Cadet
R.O.B I can't recommend more, he has the energizer bunny in his little jetbutt I tells ya

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
You might want to give Wario a try. His aerial mobility is comparable to Jiggs in Melee, he's quite strong and very heavy compared to how fast/good he is in the air.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Ummm....am I suppose to pick for you from the ones you've narrowed down to? Cause I'll say Wolf. Pokémon Trainer and Olimar are also fine choices. You won't be disappointed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll point out that all of Diddy's aerials are fast and strong.

Look into him if you get the chance.

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
I'd say Sonic, he is completely at home in the air and he can just jump around and use his B special and Up+B to stay on the opponent wherever they are. His charge moves are great for comboing into aerials as well. His only drawback IMO is it's hard to kill people, but if you use his F-Smash, D-Smash, and Bair you shouldn't have much truoble. Also if a character is able to be gimped Sonic can run off the stage in an instant and be there in like 1 second hitting them with an aerial.

He's quite different from Falco/Ganondorf though so maybe you won't like him...

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
So many people still face this dilemma. I find it weird, but it is nothing to be surprised about.
Anyways, D3, Olimar, and Wolf are good characters to main.
D3 can chaingrab and do some bizarre combos.
Olimar, when learned right, can be very aggressive.
Wolf is kind of unpredictable and fairly strong.

But, hey, so many people are maining the Ice Climbers nowadays:bee:

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, I've been noticing how well Snake feels to play.

At first, you're like, "WTF?!?" but then you realize that he requires practice to master more than other characters.

He is insanely strong, dare I say more than D3 or Bowser, and also a heavyweight.

Sure, he's beta-Ike slow, but he more than makes up for it.

Plus, his Dgrab is just too dang awesome.

Personally, I'd choose Wolf or PT out of your possible choices, but the other two are just as swell.

Olimar, however, I'd weave from. Even with his strongest Pikmin, purple, he clocks in as a medium damage fighter. Needless to say, no matter what Pikmin, Olimar is also STILL a lightweight. Worse yet, he's slower compared to the other smaller character.

However, I hear that he has insane priority in his moves and has a move with invincibility frames.

D3 is just awesome. He's strong, too strong even, and he's faster than most heavyweights.

His Fsmash, Dsmash, Dash A, and Nair are great for killings, plus his Minion Throw is an excellent projectile.

And his recovery is pretty good. With about four extra jumps after his first one, plus his high jump, he's moderately safe.

I swear, I'll be shocked if he isn't at LEAST High Tier.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
Snake has great aerials if you can get past his slowness, and the rest of him is great too. The same can be said for Zelda.

Pikachu's air game isn't that great but forward air has great priority, and I use it alot for approach. Plus he's fast, and he has a lot of other high-priority moves.

Of course you could always go someone crazy like MARIO! :D

rove

Smash Apprentice
just play with your favorite character.
You will be as good as you where with ganon and falco.

Top Bottom