• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Cancelled* 7/26 Tournament in OC

Charoo

Smash Champion
singles and doubles? If both, then edress and i will be there hopefully

DaBox

Smash Cadet
ya singles and doubles. Im pretty good at running tournaments in general, based on what i've seen non-professionals do with college paintball. This will be my first time running a smash tourny, but Its not that tough. Ill be running a scores computer, not blackboard. Stats will be kept as to total score, rank among competetitors, kills, deaths, etc. If you bring 10 bucks you get some snack food with it, so pony up. Inflation *****es.

Teh Skriblz

Smash Rookie
ooo, singles AND doubles.. B.B. and i might come... might be a bit far for us, but i'll see what i can do

Race

Smash Lord
Running tourneys (especially smash tourneys) isn't as easy as you think. As you need to know the exact rule-set, seeding, running tio (which isn't hard) ect. It's a lot of work. I've ran diffrent kinds of tourneys before (3s, wangan maximum tune, Rival Schools) and Smash is by far the most work. Post up a rule-set so everyone has an idea how it's gonna be ran. Also it would be a good idea to DL tio if you already dont have it. and $10 buy in is also pretty steep for singels.

BVA

Smash Apprentice
Maybe...

Not sure yet. (45 min drive) on a busy day for me.

DaBox

Smash Cadet
Running tourneys (especially smash tourneys) isn't as easy as you think. As you need to know the exact rule-set, seeding, running tio (which isn't hard) ect. It's a lot of work. I've ran diffrent kinds of tourneys before (3s, wangan maximum tune, Rival Schools) and Smash is by far the most work. Post up a rule-set so everyone has an idea how it's gonna be ran. Also it would be a good idea to DL tio if you already dont have it. and $10 buy in is also pretty steep for singels.

No, its easy. The one I went to today(san diego D&B) was run moronically, and I can easily do much better. Seeding is B.S., there wont be any. Rule-Set= standard no items, true 5 stages, etc. And I think buyin will be 5 dollars now, 10 is too steep.

The trick to running a tournament is preperation. I WILL have a confirmed list of participants, and create a round robin that is organized and that adheres to a tight schedule. The have-tons-of-people-show-up-and-not-be-prepared-for-it-nonsense won't fly in my tournament. Once the list is locked, the round robin will be made by the time people walk through my door. Very easy.

DaBox

Smash Cadet
Yes. Its my house. Lots of people I dont know+ nice things= things might get stolen/broken if too many people show up I cant manage. I have a a HUGE entertainment room with some nice couches and chairs that will suit the tournament players that sign up. There is a limit, because making brackets/preparing wiis+tvs/preparing the event will be much easier. It WILL start on time whether the players are there or not. If you are late, I will delay it if you call me, cause Im not that **** and traffic happens.

For those of you who went to SD, this will be run like a polar opposite tournament. I dont **** around. =]

Charoo

Smash Champion
please make a more detail post about the tourney

i need to know before it's too late

DaBox

Smash Cadet
If there's no seeding, how are the brackets made..? Random?
yep. however, if you bring a friend I will manipulate it so that you wont face each other off the bat. I have friends I play all the time and i want to play new people as well. So I may filter it by location. Thanks for the TIO heads up

Squi(Connor)rtle

Smash Apprentice
DaBox, I just wanna clarify this before going, you aren't taking any money from the pot right? Also, if you need help seeding players based by the current PR, I can do it.

DaBox

Smash Cadet
DaBox, I just wanna clarify this before going, you aren't taking any money from the pot right? Also, if you need help seeding players based by the current PR, I can do it.

Well, Ill be taking it when I win, but aside from that, of course not. And thanks for your offer, but I got seeding under wraps. I have TIO, I know how to use it.

A thing to remember- this isnt some great big tournament thats supposed to be amazing. Its some local guys playing smash in a living room for some fun. Winner gets money. Thats it. Don't like it? Think its shady? Don't come. Simple.

Race

Smash Lord
From the looks of who's going, it looks like connor's got this.

u got dis **** squirtle

markeezy

Smash Cadet
there's a possibility i might show up but nothing is set in stone til later this week.

DaBox

Smash Cadet
there's a possibility i might show up but nothing is set in stone til later this week.
Theres only one spot left, So you better find out. :chuckle:

16 makes even brackets, the remaining numbers are for alternates in case someone can't make it last minute.

With 16, first place nets 48 dollars, 2nd place nets 24, and 3rd gets a whopping 8 bux.

Good luck everyone, Ill see you at my place saturday!

Top Bottom