• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Salt Spill - Tool Link+

zaf

Smash Lord
ok thank you. Were all sakurai angles removed from the game or only specific ones?

If they were all removed, then will zair > dash attack still create a forced get up?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I don't play Toon Link but I gotta pop by to say the title is ****ing epic.

VietGeek for Venemoth. +10000

"president" for those of you that don't get it.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
What has changed since RC2 for TL? PR is going to have its first ever tourney for brawl + (there has always been very little support for it here) and Im participating (If I find a ride anyways). Please help.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Zair has enough BKB to induce tumble (meaning tech chases)

One of TL's final hitboxes of UpB sends at a 40 degree angle

Fsmash 1st hit damage reduced to 6 (connects better but does overall less damage)

Usmash has more post lag (not by much, but prevents semi-charged Usmash to be safe on block and some other weird stuff).

Utilt causes tumble at 0 and set-ups for combos more consistently and can't really kill (over being able to chain at low %'s and killing).

Bair buff redone to have consistently knockback for combos, but cannot realistically kill.

That's it.

zaf

Smash Lord
lol vieeeeeeeeeeeet

link is so much better then toon link, its like wtf.
i dont think i want to play toon after playing link this weekend lol

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yeah it's so strange how Link does better than Toon Link in all of TL's good MUs. :ohwell:

zaf

Smash Lord
link's jab also ***** toon's.
being able to cancel helps out so much.
I haven't found a use for toons jab beside a gtfo move

links upb is useful for killing,
where as toons is just complete ****.

but i think toon should get his nair from b-

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Yeah, Link is probably better. Last time I played this game (RC2 I think) I 4 stocked a Yoshi that I only 2 stocked with TL :(. Link received too much attention, too many buffs :/.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
I actually agree with some of the posts of Toonlink being worse than Link. I think just a few nicknacks would make toonlink probably on par with Link. for 1 if it was at all possible make his downtilt be able to spike like Links due to his current one is an all or nothing move. 2. actually I was gonna say make his UPB air more reliable but then again after watching the Brawl- video of toon link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKAwutNPqwQ who ever stated the UPB for that toon link before hand I would love this. It would make toon link feel more like his own individual character.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It's all opinion based. I have always thought Link was better then TL since 5.0 and the subsequent GSH and Gold set, but that is just me. TL combos for longer but Link does it in two hits anyway. Link also kills much, much better. And then there is the whole range deal.

TL has better recovery and projectiles but I just think Link does everything else better. Racks damage as well or better, is heavier, kills easier, etc. That's my two cents. I have never really fought a great TL though...

VietGeek

Smash Hero
hey guys did you know it's easier to edgeguard on stages with sloped ends? pretty obv right? your dash attack reaches the bottom better, dsmash strong flub can actually work on ppl who don't sweetspot, etc.

but like dair on slope is so amazing

aim like right before the exact edge so you don't fall off, but so the sword optimally pierces "deepest" into the stage, so that you have more potential to spike

likewise if the opponent is level with you the windbox can also push them away from the stage

finally you'll have no landing lag since the momentum will carry to off the edge and you'll ledge cancel. if they still grabbed the ledge (and they have a weak ledge game), you can nair/fair/bair (the front body hitbox will hit them), or if you know they'll try to get back on-stage ASAP, you can do a rising fair/uair towards them.

also you guys know the first hit of grounded UpB has enough KB to stagespike peeps if they recover high and get hit by it right? Not really useful, especially compared to all the slope BS you can pull off with Dair.

btw guys don't talk about buffs/nerfs. Getting infracted for that would kinda be dumb rofl. We'll see how Tool Link stands up to everyone else in 6 or so months. Until then just try to flesh out his metagame.

matt4300

Smash Ace
I can't help but laugh maniacally at the disscusion going on here.... Its just so sweet...

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Behold; the genius that is the best Toon Link player to ever grace us with his presence, worship the ground on which he treads, mortals.

<3 Zaf.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So the UZE has been taken over by Maru-Arabia. =/

Btw, I've noticed you can do a lot of footstool mix-ups with TL when you "combo" with like nair or bair, and just jump and dair to continue.

it's not a real combo at all but it a pretty interesting mix-up thanks to the power of vBrawl gravity. <_<

zaf

Smash Lord
So the UZE has been taken over by Maru-Arabia. =/

Btw, I've noticed you can do a lot of footstool mix-ups with TL when you "combo" with like nair or bair, and just jump and dair to continue.

it's not a real combo at all but it a pretty interesting mix-up thanks to the power of vBrawl gravity. <_<
been doing this for ages, but thats the sort of things i dont post
i also dont play tl, so dont expect anything from me =[

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yeah ive been doing that since 4.X but i can pretend to be productive just like everyone else

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Toon Link can kill! and has some good set ups

land that zair and if they don't tech thats a free up smash!
or dash attack and jab reset them
read the tech and grab em!
combo chain those Bairs offstage and at the right percent set up for the spike!

oh and my friend said that the developers gave Toon Link those interuptable frames when he throws his boomerang in the air so if you throw it instantly after the short hop you can quickdraw

Top Bottom