• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can you help this Doc?

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Not me, just the guy I usually play with. I'm showing you 2 videos of him, in one he plays really bad, in the other one really good, so that you can make an idea of how he is both at his maximum and minimum power. I'm not a Doc expert but I feel like there is some stuff he is missing. Although he already is a very good Doc player if there are holes in his gameplay I'd like to fill them all now, expecially considering we're going to attend a very important tournament very soon. If you want more videos featuring him just look for them on youtube.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BSPH0do__h0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UOUke4k7qa8

Gea

Smash Master
He needs to work on L cancelling first of all. Second is not rolling so much. Its easy to have that habit with a strong pressure game against you, but Falco's dair punishes it way well. His grab game is severely lacking. If he has you in your shield and is jabbing, he needs to follow with a downsmash or a grab.

One of his biggest problems is not moving alot. He ends up trapped in his shield and gets punished for it. Gotta work on staying moving. From the edge he needs to work on ledgedashing and making the most of those invincibility frames.

Also: He nairs WAY too much. Gotta mix up your aerials. Nair is good, but not the end all. Throw in some more dairs, try shffling some low uairs. You're doing too much chasing because of the nairs and not enough comboing.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
In my opinion I would say you approach with the n air too much and the falco punished you for it I would try using the d air or even the d air to approach and also try to jab after shffling because it will stop the falco from jumping out of the shield and make it harder to shield grab, also try to improve your spacing it's not too bad but could be a lot better

you should have grabbed more since doc has throws can help you combo especially since you were playing a falco, which could be comboed from 0 to a high percentage easily and plus you were on FD the easiest place to chain grab

try to improve your edge guarding so that you can hit people with the pill off the edge. The pill is cal easily screw up anyone when they are trying to recover. also using b air off the edge aways helps

You are a good doc, I hope that helps :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
First thing i noticed, which goes with and against what Gea says.

He does nair alot. I dont think that's the biggest problem. It is one, but it's worse that he's not shffl'ing the nairs. I think in both those matches, he shffl'd ... 2? Litterally. The rest of them ended in him getting punished.

Another thing is, he didnt take all of the opportunities he had. There were a few times he could have grabbed and started chaingrabbing (Which is basically a must vs space on FD) but he didnt.

___

Everything else i was thinkin about has been mentioned.

Overall, he didnt specifically do "bad" things, he usually just wound up getting the bad end of things.

Sure the rolling and constant shielding started it, but alot of the comboing that happened was not entirely his fault.

Gea

Smash Master
A few more notes from that:

Looks TONS better... Though...

1. You still roll alittle bit too much. The Fox wasn't big on punishing this but **** can it happen. But be careful.
2. Too much dash attack. Frankly it sucks and I'll really only use it against Marth in a few cases because Doc can slide under fsmashes (it takes a much longer time for it to hit him, so he can actually hit Marth and launch him) but its so risky and you have to predict...
3. More agressive edgeguarding. Pills alone will not kill Fox. Try some bairs or leap at him with your cape.
4. Work again on your grab game. Upthrow to at high % didn't really do anything. Try downthrow to d/f smash.
5. Be VERY careful of doublejumping when you are like standing on the edge.
6. Getting up from the ledge? It was hard to see in that video, but it seems like sweetspotting and getting back onto the stage from the ledge needs work.
7. Be VERY careful of using up B out of the shield. Usually sexing out of the shield is safer and better. Fox coulda scored a free usmash when you whiffed it.

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
After watching 4 seconds in to the first match i decided he would do better if he wasnt playing falco IMO...lol

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
After i watched the last video i have to say i am very impressed but i would say if the up b from guard isnt going to kill someone then DO NOT USE IT...you could (In most situations) grab or uair combo them from a shield...it does do good damage so it is useful in some situations but mainly stick with grabbing into other combos...

Top Bottom