• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can we give Falcon his 64 Usmash

NWRL

Smash Ace
It'd be a lovely change to his ground game and gives him another launching option that's not a grab. You can probably do a combo like stomp L cancel -> umash -> uair/usmash depending on fall speed

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I'm in favor of N64 moves on any character at this point. Falcon's N64 usmash would be a pretty solid ground buff that'd make him different from Ganon even more and I'm 100% in favor of it. It's a great aerial launcher.

No idea how unfair it'd actually make him though. It'd definitely be a solid buff though, and Falcon is already pretty excellent.

D

Deleted member

I second this.

His N64 UpSmash is so ****ing amazing.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
In Melee yes, I totally agree it'd be unfair. Project M, I'm not so sure it'd be unfair
I guess its kind of true with characters as well rounded as mario, but it might become a very centralizing ground move, which might change him too drastically from his melee counterpart. I agree, he definitely needed something from melee, and that he still might need a couple of tweaks here and there, but I dont think it should be to this area. With his new specials, his whole ground game is based off tech chasing into the air, and he is relatively strong at this point. His ground game is pretty good as it is, if played correctly. If he deserves any sort of buff in an area, it should honestly be his recovery. The falcon kick angle is changed to be more vertical to melee's, making using it for the extra jump a little more difficult, and his up b is also more vertical compared to melees. No to mention, his up b is the easiest one in the game to edgeguard. If he could get some sort of hit on his up b besides the grab like ganondorf has, I think that would be optimal.
This was a great idea, and I like that you're thinking critically to improve the characters design, but he doesnt need any tweaks in this a particular area, he needs to be strengthened in his weaker ones to keep up with Project M's extremely solid and non transparent character designs and low technical demands.

Pika_thunder

Smash Apprentice
This is an awesome idea! I support it and I don't play captain falcon! Excellent!

OidBirdie

Smash Cadet
I guess its kind of true with characters as well rounded as mario, but it might become a very centralizing ground move, which might change him too drastically from his melee counterpart. I agree, he definitely needed something from melee, and that he still might need a couple of tweaks here and there, but I dont think it should be to this area. With his new specials, his whole ground game is based off tech chasing into the air, and he is relatively strong at this point. His ground game is pretty good as it is, if played correctly. If he deserves any sort of buff in an area, it should honestly be his recovery. The falcon kick angle is changed to be more vertical to melee's, making using it for the extra jump a little more difficult, and his up b is also more vertical compared to melees. No to mention, his up b is the easiest one in the game to edgeguard. If he could get some sort of hit on his up b besides the grab like ganondorf has, I think that would be optimal.
This was a great idea, and I like that you're thinking critically to improve the characters design, but he doesnt need any tweaks in this a particular area, he needs to be strengthened in his weaker ones to keep up with Project M's extremely solid and non transparent character designs and low technical demands.
I personally think that buffing falcon's ground game is a WAY better idea than buffing his recovery. I hate recovery buffs and buffs to his recovery (besides falcon kick) would have way more of an impact because he's balanced around his crappy recovery. The day he starts flying around with a stellar recovery is the day i drop him. I know that would never happen, but still. His recovery has already been buffed enough.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Didn't expect to see so much support for this idea. Thanks guys!

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
I feel like his 64 fsmash would be cool too, and not overpowered. The longer range would help him with edgeguards too

yohoos

Smash Apprentice
His current N-air is N64 F-air which is an amazing combo/approaching move. So to be technical, his N64 N-air was replaced by the Knee. Now, there is absolutely NO WAY that the Knee will get replaced by the old N-air. His old N-air was an OK move but it wasn't anywhere near as good as his other aerials even in N64. Not to mention Falcon's current aerials are so solid that changing them should be considered a crime.

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
It would be cool and all, but then you wouldn't be able to create a perfect recreation of WOMBO COMBO, since its starts out with Falcon U-smashing fox

Drigonaut

Smash Apprentice
falcon ssb sidesmash would be amazing. i would actually sidesmash on purpose

j-slo-3

Smash Cadet
I would love to see the N64 f-smash, as for the up smash I'd rather see Falcon just get a DACUS with his current one, but it's not a bad idea. I would also love to see them give falcons up b knockback similar to that of N64 so it could be used as a combo finisher.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Falcon has a jumpsquat of 5 frames which means he does have a DACUS. He doesn't gain any distance from it though.
Any DACUS distance however isn't determined by an own variable but by the momentum of the dash attack. If you want to give Falcon a viable DACUS you would need to accelerate Falcon's movement while doing his dash attack at the beginnig of the move.

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
I'm for using his Smash 64 up smash. Messing with his aerials on the other hand...not so much. He has the sweetest aerials in the game.

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
wasnt a 64 player but as soon as i saw that up smash i was like *_*

This could be the small buff that falcon needs

Taka.

Smash Rookie
That would seriously buff Falcon a lot. It would be scary tho. To give the most powerful character even MORE POWER!!

NegroCaucasian

Smash Rookie
as long as there is no change to his aerials, jab combo or falcon punch im happy. it be cool if his aerial falcon kick was 25% shorter to aid his recovery. Im down with N64 up or forward smash

Top Bottom