• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can someone help me troubleshoot?

gravy

Smash Ace
Possibly on Facebook or AIM? I've been trying to get hacked melee set up for ages now, and I just keep running into problem after problem. First, Dios Mios gave us an error code that read something like "Fatal error: apploader size is zero." We tried postloader, which also didn't work. We also tried to use WBFS manager, and when we add games to drive, it's just finishing really quickly, saying it's done, and then the games are not actually on the drive. At this point I just can't figure out what to do at all. If someone could please help me I would love them. By the way, it's a 4.3u system.

danny135

Smash Apprentice
Dios Mios is for USB and Dios Mios Lite is for SD, so make sure you installed the right one. I've heard that it sometimes doesn't work if there isn't a disc in the disc drive. You should also make sure that the hacked melee actually works (try dolphin) and the it can mount on the wii and I believe it has to be in DiscEX format or something.

That's all I can tell you.

gravy

Smash Ace
I've tried all of that :/ It's just refusing to read games on my usb.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
contact vietgeek for help on installing

iffy525

Smash Apprentice
I've tried all of that :/ It's just refusing to read games on my usb.
Some drives just aren't compatible. Try different versions of DM (I still use 2.2) and different HDDs if you have them, or an SD. If all that fails you will have to do it the old fashioned way - burn the iso onto a dvd and play it that way.

EDIT: Also make sure the FIRST (primary) partition on your drive is FAT32, 32k cluster size, and active.

gravy

Smash Ace
I finally got it to launch off of the SD card. What do I do to get action replay codes working on it now? Also, where is the code for infinite shield?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
action replay codes don't work with SD card method I think. you'd need to port codes (aka change the actual replay hex code) and only like 2 people know how to do that

gravy

Smash Ace
Ughhh so what do I do to just get action replay working? All I want is infinite shield.... And I'm actually launching off the USB not the SD, but I don't know if that matters.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
action replay codes DO work

make a .gct and put into (SD):\games\GALE01 and activate in the booter cheats on

gravy

Smash Ace
Yes! I'm going to try to do that tomorrow, is there any way I could add you on Facebook or AIM or something so I can ask you for help if I have trouble?

danny135

Smash Apprentice
action replay codes don't work with SD card method I think. you'd need to port codes (aka change the actual replay hex code) and only like 2 people know how to do that
It's actually not that hard, but you don't need to do it.

You need to decrypt the AR codes (if not already decrypted), and then convert them to WiiRD. These instructions work for any loader, not just Neo Gamma.

Then depending on the loader, you might have to put the .gct somewhere, but I'm pretty sure it just goes into the games folder (X:/Directory/Games/GAMEID/GAMEID.gct)

gravy

Smash Ace
At this point, I've converted the code to .gct and exported it to my SD card, but I don't know how to actually turn it on with devolution.

Top Bottom