• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

can someone give me assistance

parisite

Smash Cadet
:embarrass:embarrassok heres the problem can someone please explain to me the specific timing on dash canceled up smash been trying to do it for 2 months now and whats funny is that i knew how to wavedash and l-cancel in melee at a fast pace so im no noob

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Tried a C-stick before? I do it easy with a GC controller o.o

derv

Smash Apprentice
what i find the easiest way to do it is to dash-c stick down- then up+z straight after (Z is still on grab)
when i was practicing it took me a while to get it right but now i can do it alot :)

Crow!

Smash Lord
The key to remember is that you are interrupting the dash attack in the first few frames. Thus you must do something to input a dash attack, and something to input up smash. The most popular appears to be C-Down to start the dash attack, with Up-Z to start the Usmash

If you're still having trouble, try going to training mode, slowing down time, and do it with Attack for the dash attack and then Up-Z for the Usmash (C-stick is buggy when time is slowed down).

If you're using Wiimote+Nunchuck, you must turn shake smash on - I don't know if there's a physical reason, but I've never been able to do it at full speed with buttons alone with that control setup - shake smash down/sideways to input dash attack is necessary.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Doesn't is depend on the charecter?

Svkv

Smash Cadet
^ It is character specific. Most of the cast can't perform DAC. Try doing it with Snake. Just dash, hit up, and then down on the c-stick in quick succession. If you're fast enough, you won't even see the dash attack animation.

You can also use Falco. Unfortunately, you have to hit someone with the dash attack in order to cancel into an upsmash. It's probably easier to do than Snake's though.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Yeah seriously it's character specific. It's easy with a character like Snake (the broken ****), but you'll be trying for many months now if you're trying to do it with Sheik.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Not entirely true. Every character can technically do it. Problem is that not every character actually gains a single thing from it - what you're looking for is a character that lunges forward with the very beginning of the dash attack. Link and Snake have, by far, the most notable DACs. Other characters will have varying degrees of DAC-induced slide, from a decent amount of speed to absolutely nothing that a running Usmash wouldn't do.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
ok, heres what you do.
dash, and right as the dash starts (a few frames after) press D-c as you press down C wait a few frames, and press U+Z (i use L for attack, so i press L, and it worls fine for me)

if you need help i can show you over wifi.
the key is to wait JUST A FEW FRAMES after each input before you do the next step. its much easier to do with snake than Wario (who you and i use, I had trouble getting it with wario too, b/c i learned it with snake, and the timing is different.)

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...well with snake theres an easier way but... u must make contact with the frist frames of the dash like falco. Then when it hits tap up on the c-stick. Its like 3 hits because the dash attack still hits. But the harder way the is almost no dash animation at all and u dont need to make contact at all.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
guys i use the c-stick on gc controller i just cant do it i have done it slow and fast still nothing
I can sometimes do it on the GC controller, but it's far easier to do on the Classic Controller. It's a shame that I don't use that controller for anything else other than the VC.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Snake's is the easiest to do, you probably just aren't doing it fast enough. Other Characters than can do this are Falco (who needs to hit the dash attack) and Wolf (who gets a very nice slide and has a great UpSmash for it, but unfortunately requires very precise timing ni comparison to Snake). Everyone can technically do it, but they get varrying degrees of slide, some none at all (D3). Some just have bad Upsmashes for it. but everyone requires a bit different timing.

parisite

Smash Cadet
ok thx guys this just today i figured out how to do it with snake but cannot do it with wario and wario is who i main and i need to learn how to do it with him to extend my combos anyone who can do it with wario perfectly plz reply back to this

storm92

Smash Ace
Yeah seriously it's character specific. It's easy with a character like Snake (the broken ****), but you'll be trying for many months now if you're trying to do it with Sheik.
Set L/R (whichever you don't use for shield) to Attack, do C-Stick down and roll the analog stick upwards while holding L/R.
Sheik's DAC becomes super easy.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
ok, heres what you do.
dash, and right as the dash starts (a few frames after) press D-c as you press down C wait a few frames, and press U+Z (i use L for attack, so i press L, and it worls fine for me)

if you need help i can show you over wifi.
the key is to wait JUST A FEW FRAMES after each input before you do the next step. its much easier to do with snake than Wario (who you and i use, I had trouble getting it with wario too, b/c i learned it with snake, and the timing is different.)
He says how too he mains wario too look carefully at my quote lol.

Al_Di_Medola

Smash Journeyman
ok thx guys this just today i figured out how to do it with snake but cannot do it with wario and wario is who i main and i need to learn how to do it with him to extend my combos anyone who can do it with wario perfectly plz reply back to this
...i already >.>
oh nevermind.

Top Bottom