• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Kirby suck in assists trophys?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It would be cool sure, but I doubt it very highly.

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
It seems like an all or nothing kind of a deal, and there are so many different ones that some would be near impossible... imagine trying to suck something in the background like Andross, or sucking up ALL the Excitebikes. As cool as it would be to get a Waluigi, Saki, Resetti, or Devil Kirby, I just don't think it will happen. But, who knows... if you can beat up on Stafy... maybe some Assist Trophies you can. I also thought that... would it be possible for Kirby to suck up Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and Gordos? It would give Kirby an unfair advantage to them, but... then again it would be true to his universe.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, attacking most assist trophies is useless. I think Kirby's sucking counts as attacking. Still, I wonder what would happen if you tried sucking in Stafy?

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
He'll be able to inahle waddle dees/waddle doos. In melee, you could inhale redeads, koopas, etc and spit them as stars. Gordos in all the kirby games are un-inhable (doubt kirby would want to, a big metal ball with metal spikes. Ouch!) But its almost certain hell be able to inhale waddle dees or doos. The big question is though, will Kirby get the beam ability from inhaling and swallowing a waddle doo! :chuckle: Im almost certain he will, and itll be a great touch from sakurai to include it

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Then again, I'd love to see Kirby steal Little Mac's boxing gloves...

kid _icarus

Smash Cadet
f he could that would be cool but it would take ages more time to get that done and theres no point in him making them useless because munchlax already does that. nice idea though. btw wouldnt devil kirby be a bit too unstable? it would make him unbeatable.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I don't think it would be unfair for the others since Kirby is kinda weak. He deserves some more power.
I think he can just suck in and spit out the weaker ATs

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
AT is an item. This is like saying you could inhale pokemon. No offense, but dumb Question

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
It would be to unfair and they would have to nerf Kirby even more if he was allowed to do that which isn't good because tourneys don't use items. It would be cool though but they would have to make more Kirby hats which means another delay as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe Kirby could only use the at attacks once or kirbs would be to broken
If that is the case, then it would be true to his games. In most Kirby games, Kirby usually has certain abilities that can be performed only once, such as Crash and Cook(which Kirby has as his FS). If the vulnerable Ats in question have attacks that are somewhat effective, it would make sense for Kirby to use them only once, in order to be fair to everyone else. Plus, I am curious to see if Kirby will wear special hats while performing said attacks(the mohawk that Mike Kirby had in Kirby Super Star was quite hardcore).;)

shinzou

Smash Cadet
Kirby and dedede CAN inhale waddle dee's waddle doos.... not sure if kirby get6s the beam ability but i'm pretty sure i've see it said (brawlcentral?)

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Kirby can not suck in Assist Trophys.

He does not gain abilities from any items.

Most items he just swallows. He can even swallow crates. It does nothing but get rid of the item.

He cannot suck in heart containers but can suck in food and tomatoes, which heal him.

Sucking in Curry gives him the curry effect.

Sucking in exploding things causes him to look like it exploded inside him, but still doesn't damage him or anything and then its gone.

Most every item can be sucked in, and if close enough he can get two at once, but again, all it does is destroy the item. Dedede's suction has the same properties.

I never tried a Waddle Doo so I don't know if he gets an ability from them or not.

Hope that helps.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
But can he suck up projectiles like mario's fireballs? Can he suck items being thrown at him at least? And can he spit out the items that he sucks to do damage? Is his suck faster? Whats differences are there between DDD suck and Kirby's suck? thank you

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
But can he suck up projectiles like mario's fireballs? Can he suck items being thrown at him at least? And can he spit out the items that he sucks to do damage? Is his suck faster? Whats differences are there between DDD suck and Kirby's suck? thank you
Mario fireballs - No.

Thrown items - Yes.

Spit out items - No, he automatically swallows them immediately.

Faster suck - Same as Melee in range and speed as far as I can tell.

DDD difference - DDD's suction sucks things in from much bigger range. Things he doesn't swallow automatically he can spit back out, that's it. Kirby stealing his ability just means that Kirby can suck things in at higher range but can't steal their powers. Also DDD's has better damage and I believe shoots enemies further when spit out.

You are welcome :).

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I'm not totally sure on the speed, I just tested which items he could eat and what they did. Not a big Kirby player, sorry.

Top Bottom