• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can Icies do it alone?

Teh Future

Smash Master
I think if you are looking for a character to secondary for ice climbers you should look for one that is good one lots of stages, because ice climbers get gayed from stage counterpicks so badly its almost like a free win.

Ice climbers + Pikachu fit that description imo, plus pika doesn't have that bad of a matchup against metaknight (im not sure about vs ROB, Im guessing it be about even, if not a little bit in ROBs favor though).

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Ivysaur can go toe to toe with snake,Charizard does well against Meatknight,Squirtle goes well against Falco and DEDEDE,You get the point.

Peach beats snake,DEDEDE,and maybe wario,not sure about Meta though.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I tried going lucas against a pika and got pwned. It was a while ago im not really sure what went wrong because it does seem like Lucas can handle pika pretty well.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
After GIMPED, I've changed my mind. The ICs are useless without a secondary people fear. Time to learn DDD, DK, and Snake <_<.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
After GIMPED, I've changed my mind. The ICs are useless without a secondary people fear. Time to learn DDD, DK, and Snake <_<.
i tend to agree. i got ***** by a ZSS at my first tourney. i'm thinking of picking up falco..... he can counter a lot of people.

D

Deleted member

Last tournament i was in i PWNED with IC so much that the person running the tournament is considering banning chaingrabs now. BUT,the tournament was 2v2 FD only. Once he impliments counterpicks i think ill be screwed :( I play CP's with one of my friends and it seems pretty hopeless when im vsing his wario (or occasionaly his snake),ESPECIALLY when he takes it to brinstar or rainbow cruise. This whole thread just makes me sad cause after my months of practice on IC im beginning to feel like learning IC wasnt even worth it . Someone help put my faith back into the IC lol

I have my DDD or marth to use if i have to,but i really hate having to pull them in a match lol.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I think that Ic's suck at teams.Ic's counter some top tier characters,They are fun,and if you manage to do a 0-death combo,the look on the oppenents face is priceless.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
ICs can be great in teams. You just need someone who is good at setting up grabs and walling the other opponent. They're gimmicky in teams,but they work.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
ICs can be great in teams. You just need someone who is good at setting up grabs and walling the other opponent. They're gimmicky in teams,but they work.
I used to think the same way

then you go against a team that can seperate you and punish Nana properly. D:

It's horrid, really. I'm trying though.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Trust me PLUR. Me and Anti can do ICs + DDD or ICs + MK and tear it up.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
i dont think Icies can do it alone IMO i always have some back up characters like lucas dedede sheik kirby sometimes diddy kong but the secondary you choose is all up to you

Top Bottom