• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can I Win Tournaments without Metaknight or Snake?

Trozz

Smash Ace
I have specific characters to deal with MK and Snake. I doubt Jigglenaught can take either (mine certainly cant). You just need to play the matchup a lot. Go to a tournament and play a bunch of friendlies with someone else who is skilled. Maybe you'll learn to counter MK's f-air with a well timed puff punch.

Can you win tourneys without MK or Snake? Definitely. Just learn how to beat them, because they'll always be at tournaments.

Snake's u-tilt will murder Jiggly. Not a fair matchup. T_T

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
Win a tourney with Jiggs? Remotely possible, but not likely.

Win a tourney without using Snake or MK? Of course. Ankoku's [Character Rankings] thread contains proof that Snake and MK aren't the only ones that win tourneys. I'd suggest doing so by mastering at least one counter-character for Snake and MK, as well as another alt that can patch any holes not covered by your main and counters.

D

Deleted member

I entered 3 of my 20-something tourneys with Jiggs and lets just say i dont wanna talk about it...

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
In response to the OP's original question ("Is it possible to use someone like Jiggs to win a tournament"), a logical answer.

A. Wario is similar to Jigglypuff. 3rd fastest aerial speed with 0-lag, high-priority, quick, abusable aerials and superb maneuverability. Great recovery to boot.

B. Blue sHell, a highly proficient Wario main, is doing considerably well on MLG's Singles Brawl ladder using only Wario.

Thus, it is possible to use a character "like" Jiggs and win tournaments.

I'm not attempting to be sarcastic; merely making a suggestion. I mained Melee Jiggs and Brawl Jiggs was a huge letdown for me. Wario was/is a natural progression.

Amide

Smash Lord
If you're a really skilled player, the unexpected part of it could benefit you. You have to be really good to do well though.

When using Jigglypuff, I mean.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Of course you can, the matchups aren't in your favor so it will take a lot of work and skill.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hey, I've won tournys with Jigglypuff. Don't be afraid to use who you want. If Jigglypuff is your best than that is what you should use. Don't excpect to win tournaments left and right. It took me 2 years of playing to start winning smash tournaments. But I would still say that it is advice to use sombody else against Snake and MK. Personally for me I would choose Diddy Kong because he is my second main.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
FOOLS! You know nothing of matchups! In order to become the best you must see past the match ups and overcome all obsticles! Only then do you deserve the title of a champion! Yeah..no, like i say, screw match ups, if you think that your character has an advantage over another character, and that is your basis for winning, your dead wrong. People are too concerned about priority and stupid stuff when choosing a main. If you are truely a good player, (you should be good with several players lol *concradiction*), but if your truely a good player, you will know what to do against any character with any character. Think of it like this: If the match has started, and you know your at a disdvantage, then you better suck it up and learn quick. Basically, there's two ways to look at this. Number one, your being smart and countering your opponent's advantage by switching characters, and finding out who beats who. This is totally cool and all, but then there's view #2; You are incapable of beating a "counter," and are forced by your opponent to switch characters. Now its up to you to decide which is more respectable, the guy who thinks smart to overcome "counter characters" with other characters, or the guy who knows his character so well that any advantage his opponent thinks he has is all in his head. Personally, i'd be impressed by the first, and blown away by the second. But enough of this, what im trying to say is that it doesn't matter because no one stands a chance against metaknight and snake, i mean they are just so amazing, i could never defeat them ;_; ! But even that doesn't matter because Kirby is still awsome! Anyways, sry for rant, don't get caught up in matchups, but be aware of them because ignorance is stupid, and remember, 1i3r5 r 4 qu33rz :B

Top Bottom