• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can i rant here for a sec?

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
CPU players.

I dont know about you, but i play online to play vs HUMAN opponents.

So when i get tossed into a potential 1v1 only to have 3 ******** CPU level 7-8's kicking both of our ***** around (and then winning the match) i really start to wonder what the whole point of playing brawl online is in the first place. They should at least give us the OPTION to vote or have control over whether CPU players can be allowed into online matches. Just when i get hopeful that i'm going to have 1 peaceful match, the Wii will throw in 3 other crazy CPU players just to ruin everything.

I understand the noobs need a little backup when there's a crazy player on the loose (hence why items cant be turned on or off either) but the fact that Nintendo/HAL hasnt even given us any say over whether these ******** pieces of luck can spawn or not.

I mean With Anyone mode has really throttled the skill level of this game down. So much of it depends on being at the right place at the right time, picking up the assist trophies/pokeballs, being lucky enough to have the smash ball hover next to you, and relying on CPU to back your weak *** up when you havent got the skills to suck it up to human players yet.

I am just frustrated that so much of this game (especially online on with anyone mode) comes down to pure dumb luck.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
CPU players.

So do I...

So when i get tossed into a potential 1v1 only to have 3 ******** CPU level 7-8's kicking both of our ***** around (and then winning the match) i really start to wonder what the whole point of playing brawl online is in the first place. They should at least give us the OPTION to vote or have control over whether CPU players can be allowed into online matches. Just when i get hopeful that i'm going to have 1 peaceful match, the Wii will throw in 3 other crazy CPU players just to ruin everything.
I agree with all of that.

I understand the noobs need a little backup when there's a crazy player on the loose (hence why items cant be turned on or off either) but the fact that Nintendo/HAL hasnt even given us any say over whether these ******** pieces of luck can spawn or not.
You couldn't be more right.

I mean With Anyone mode has really throttled the skill level of this game down. So much of it depends on being at the right place at the right time, picking up the assist trophies/pokeballs, being lucky enough to have the smash ball hover next to you, and relying on CPU to back your weak *** up when you havent got the skills to suck it up to human players yet.
You are the best Smash Noob ever.(I mean the title.)

I am just frustrated that so much of this game (especially online on with anyone mode) comes down to pure dumb luck.
best sentence in this whole thread. This deserves a sig, but my space is full.:)

You are awesome.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I already made a thread on this, but it got left in the dust.
My paragraph was much larger, so that maybe why.

But yes, I agree, I hate CPUs.
And dumb luck.

I'm okay with tripping, though.
I think you should have enough time to roll out of it before something gay happens.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The Online is very underdeveloped. Sakurai himself even said this, but I dunno. Sakurai really screwed up on a lot of things in this game, but Online play was the biggest flaw. Games like Halo 2/3 have **** near perfect frame rate, but a less intense game like Brawl has frequent button lag and disconnects.

And yes, the With Anyone option is just ********. No versitility in the mode, no ranks, and you don't have a decision on anything. It's frustrating as hell, but we're forced to put up with it.

That is, if you don't use the Friend Finder.

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
CPU players.

I have to agree with you. That's why I never play in "With Anyone" anymore.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
friend finder exists and how can the game add another 3 if there is already 2 humans in the online match?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Who plays with anyone anyway?

Royale

Smash Journeyman
ever seen how a vulture acts Sleepless? Thats how you approach basic brawl. Your the bird of prey waiting to pick off people with high %. Thats how you should appoarch basic brawl. You have to be patient and wait for a good moment to strike to get the win. Isolate yourself from the crowd, dodge the final smashes and items. And play the patient game, it works well.

If i can play the patient vulture, clear out my room in under an hour, or get over 20 consecutive wins in a row then im sure it shouldnt be a problem for you.

Actually this approach to basic brawl brings out the compitive side in people. After about 3-4 matches usually a challenger in the room will step up to face you as a rival. I get some pretty hot action from time to time.

PCHU

Smash Lord
It's so funny.
Once, I went in there as Marth, and I just started kicking butt all over the place.
It was awesome.
I did that for like 15 matches, and then I started a rivalry with this Zelda player (rivalry actually started at match 10, but it got interesting here).
Sudden Death, I would always win, the same way, every time.
A very quick SH fair.
I'm surprised she didn't catch on......

That's another thing.
N00bs screw up everything, especially spammers that actually WIN.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Just play With Friends. This is a huge community with lot's of people that play smash and there's a FRIEND FINDER. Use it. :ohwell:

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Wow!!!!11 it works! what other secrets of the universe do you know, Dekuu

Guys, use the friend finder. The only thing fun on with anyone is a taunt spam match.

Top Bottom