• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cambriel's Ike (FINALLY)

Hoser

Smash Ace
Yeah, so I'm recording some of my old matches right now, and am going to upload them here. I'll update this topic frequently now with new videos as well. I've improved greatly since I started coming to this forum, and I'm hoping to get better still.

LOL Gannondorf: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XSiAPueWtXE
My friends really bad Gannondorf
LOL Bowser: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H6r_WoYVmvs
3 level-9 computers on a team against my Ike. I know computers = fail, but I uploaded it for humor purposes, not skill purposes.

Cambriel vs Zak: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh8W7dhlBFE September 23rd 2008.
(We we're drunk XD)

Cambriel vs Jared http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JmMwxORB3gc November 21st 2008.
Nothing really all that great about this video. He's not really that good of a player. Something strange happened at 1:00 though. It seems that by the platform vanishing, it canceled my taunt, but I still made the sounds. And at :42 the batteries in my wireless died, so that's why I just stand there for a second (I edited out the pause screen),

This was how I played in March. I uploaded this, just to show my improvement. I was very counter happy back then, but because of it, I've become killer with it, when I use it (most of the time, I actually don't think I had a successful counter in any of these videos, which is strange O.o)

So as you can tell by these videos, I don't really have many people around here that are really good at this game. My friend Zach has one of the best R.O.B's I've seen now, and my friend Isaac has one of the best Gannondorf's I've seen, but I don't have any videos of us, because it's always longer then 3 minutes.

But I'm going to two tournaments next month, so I'll make sure to record as many games as I can.

Also, sorry about the crappy quality :(

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
When a match is 1:25 (especially when it shows the replay menu loading and battle intro screens), you know it's not going to have much meat on it.

That said, the Ganondorf was kind of pathetic. He completely disregarded using many of his movepool options, including his completely awesome Up and Down Aerials. I'd probably give you more of a challenge as Ganondorf, truth be told.

But now for your Ike. I don't think a minute and a quarter are really enough to say much but I will say this. I believe you Aethered for non-recovery purposes far more than you should have, and a competent player would have Down Aerialed you then as there. Also be careful about how earnestly you recovery, Ganon had his opportunity to Dair you once.

Once you get more up you'll be happily critiqued by me. I have about 6 videos I'd like to post myself, but it'll probably have to wait until after this "Critique Wave", haha.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Yeah, he's been trying to play as Gannon, but sucks terribly. He's a great Fox, and a decent Pikachu, but he can't handle Gannondorf.

As for Aether, that's something I'm aware of, and I've been trying to not do as much. In my other videos, I do it less. Hopefully the other 4 will be done soon. It's taking forever -_-

Also, I'm going over to my friends house hopefully tomorrow, and I'm going to record a few of our Ike vs. R.O.B matches, because I need help there. He's a really good R.O.B (same kid I played in the video where we're drunk, except he's gotten a lot better), and I can rarely beat him now.

metroid1117

Smash Master
When a match is 1:25 (especially when it shows the replay menu loading and battle intro screens), you know it's not going to have much meat on it.

That said, the Ganondorf was kind of pathetic. He completely disregarded using many of his movepool options, including his completely awesome Up and Down Aerials. I'd probably give you more of a challenge as Ganondorf, truth be told.

But now for your Ike. I don't think a minute and a quarter are really enough to say much but I will say this. I believe you Aethered for non-recovery purposes far more than you should have, and a competent player would have Down Aerialed you then as there. Also be careful about how earnestly you recovery, Ganon had his opportunity to Dair you once.
Agreed with 100%. I should also add that your BThrow -> dash attack attempt at 00:26 was a bit slow; you should learn the IASA frames by BThrowing and holding shield, so that you can learn when you should dash attack. Your Ike looks good, I'll be looking forward to additional videos.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Well I got some more up, but I'm kind of disappointed, because none of them are really all that great. I'll try to get some really good ones up as soon as I can.

The LOL Bowser one is funny though. The first time I did it, I only lost 1 stock, but it was 3:09, so I couldn't save it.

icedragon-

Smash Rookie
Nice Ike player. I just got through losing to one on a AiB ladder match not too long ago.

I even commented the 2nd video. :)

Palpi

Smash Hero
Try to utilize the use of ike's aerials more, during toon link fight there was countless oppurtunities to lay some smack down with a fair or nair to jab, but there was a fmash done instead.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
Try jab cancelling it really helps out by adding diversity to your game.

Use forward smash only when you're sure it'll connect, or at least charge it to catch the opponent offguard.
Know your opponents options. At 0:32 you used foreward smash and TL managed to avoid it by airdodging.
At 0:43 TL used his recovery to reach an above platform so you had an oppertunity to use an foreward smash.

1:14 and 1:45, 1:52 called for dtilt spikes

And don't forget to utilize Ike's range and aerial game. Use Fair to bring the hurt without being within TL's range of attacks, ftilts are good when your just outside your opponent's range.

Nair autocancels so you can use that to your advantage to lead into something else.

Well those were my thoughts.

Top Bottom