• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE)

kirbypika

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=1066]California High School Exit Examination (CAHSEE)[/drupal]

For those who don't know, today the state of California is testing all high school sophomores. This test is known as the California High School Exit Exam, or CAHSEE.

It is required that all high school students must pass this test or else they cannot receive their high school diploma. Since EVERYONE is required to pass this exam, it is incredibly easy.

Well today the test is on English proficiency and the Language Arts. And they had an essay. The prompt said to write about someone you know or read about that is "enthusiastic" about their work or hobby. Since I was phenomenally bored, I decided to have a bit of fun writing this essay and well, I... I... wrote about...
Mew2King.

Yeah, I went there. It made sense to me because I remember M2K's old AOL webpage filled with interesting information on Melee such as comprehensive frame data on shooting fire flowers and much more. I probably went way overboard doing the essay, but ****, that was fun to write.
Yes I know I am loser, my friends thought so too.

vbdood1337

Smash Apprentice
It shouldn't even be called an exam. Why do they give it to you when you're a sophomore? Anyone 4th grader could have passed that test. Huge waste of time. I would have just messed around but if I failed I would have to take it again next year (as a junior) with all the sophomores and I would look like a complete idiot.

And I'm not a big enough loser to write about Smash in my essay. lol

smashbros.maniac

Smash Cadet
LOL! You'd think that that wouldn't be permitted in some way...

That's funny! Did you get away with it?

I can just imagine:
Teacher: You wrote about video games...?
You: I wrote about someone who's enthusiastic about video games!
Teacher: Duuuuuuhhhhhhh... OK.

Browny

Smash Hater
Whats wrong with that?

write an essay about someone that is "enthusiastic" about their work or hobby

Theres no criteria stating it must be written about some sort of common job or hobby. Hell, considering how insanely popular video games are (100,000,000 DS' sold so far?) Id consider any other hobby to be LESS relevant to modern society.

kirbypika

Smash Cadet
It shouldn't even be called an exam. Why do they give it to you when you're a sophomore? Anyone 4th grader could have passed that test.
You'd be surprised.

LOL! You'd think that that wouldn't be permitted in some way...

That's funny! Did you get away with it?
Well as djbrowny already stated, its a perfectly valid topic. M2K shows dedication and passion for video games. Fits perfectly.

And the CAHSEE is taken VERY seriously. Teachers aren't allowed to actually view the test itself. Even having a piece of scrap paper out during the test qualifies as cheating to the state, and the state has the right to completely nullify the test scores of the entire school. Its serious business here. In a way, its even more important than the SAT or ACT as a high school diploma is required much more than a college one.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
sucks to be in california high school for you guys, i didnt have to take any exam like this one when i was in school

Fat NISMO

Smash Cadet
I usually hear the test is not hard as hell. its like some 7 grade ****. Thats what i heard i have to take it next year =(

Mith_

Smash Champion
this one girl in my class wrote her essay about wanting to work for the company that makes these test so she could come up with stupid topics to give to kids.

she passed.

mzink*

Smash Ace
this one girl in my class wrote her essay about wanting to work for the company that makes these test so she could come up with stupid topics to give to kids.

she passed.
Lmao that's hilarious.

Anyway, cool that you wrote about M2K, sweet idea.

Top Bottom