• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Funky February 2-26-10 Ashburn, VA

g-regulate

Smash Hero
1. Chu (kirby)
2. Korn (MK)
3. Omni (Falco)
4. Oh. (Yoshi)
5. Mattix (Marth)
5. greg (Jiggs)
7. llama (Snake)
7. Solo (Fox)
7. Takeshi (Snake)
7. Richard (Pit)

1. Chu + Omni
2. 22 + Amon
3. greg + forte

thanks to everyone who came! see you all next month.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree. We should never have done this on a Friday. Everyone who got seventh won one game though.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
There is no event set for March 27th, why don't you try to make the next c3 then with an earlier start time, at least suggest it to that tool who owns the place. Its a Saturday and I'm sure people would be more inclined to come.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
korn, ive told people in previous C3 threads, i dont care if you split the money, but SOMEONE has to win the tournament. chu told me that he got 1st, so that's what i put. if you didn't want to get 2nd, then you should've just played him.

you got equal money so why does it matter anyway? next time get first and dont split

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
korn clearly got 1st here. you should really change that, greg

g-regulate

Smash Hero
how did korn CLEARLY get first when he didn't play grand finals, and then chu told me HE got first and korn forfeited?

jesus christ monkey balls, why is everything so complicated.

SOMEONE HAS TO GET FIRST. you and chu have to pick. I'm not putting "SPLIT" next to each of your names. if YOU got first then speak up

You guys have the right to split, but the tournament isnt gonna end without ONE WINNER. korns hypocrisy for caring about singles gives me headaches.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
uh.. we play grand finals for best out of 3... uh chu won 2-1 then we stopped, because it's getting late.. so = me forfeited ?.. yeah right
i beat chu in winner's finals..

im sorry if my little request gave you headache, mr. justice

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Here is what chu told me before any of this discussion, because i was talking to him about other stuff

"Kornn beat me 3-2 in winners finals, when we got to grand finals, we decided to split, but we played a 3 game set to decide who would win the tournament, and I won that set 2-1"

Edit: For PR purposes, this tournament won't be very relevant anyways, and it will be denoted as a 1-2 split, because nobody was double eliminated, so there was no winner.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
i don't think we even said to decide who won the tournament but we only agree to play best of 3
but chu did beat me 2-1 then we just stopped

might as well says we split lol i mean it's not like this is the first time people spiltting..

edit: i understand....... it's only 10 man tourney and all... but i did better than i expected.. so i can't just let it slip out like that :/

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Korn should be first bc he won on winners...u should know that by now Greg... If there hole grand finals get interpreted and they BOTH agree to to end it...then u gotta go by which one came from winners

an tant that doesn't make sense

g-regulate

Smash Hero
wtf man @ tant, thats exactly the kind of **** im trying to get rid of.

SPLITTING THE MONEY IS FINE. SPLITTING 1ST PLACE IS NOT FINE.

the consequence of splitting should be that someone forfeits. you can't just "both get credit for first". that completely ****s up the entire PR process, aside from making our region look like a bunch of wieners. you guys wanna make the brawl scene bigger? taken more seriously? PLAY OUT FINALS. the fact that no one wants to "take first" shows that we are just this fun-loving bunch who just likes to play in tourneys and share credit for winning and not improve.

and i find it funny that korn cares so much about it despite not caring about singles ever?
you got your money
you never enter singles
you dont care about the PRs
this tourney had 10 people
why so serious?

EDIT: @ CANDY I'm just going by what chu told me. i understand korn won in winners. bottom line is, SOMEONE HAS TO WIN. im not putting SPLIT. if chu and korn both tell me that Korn should be first, ill change it.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
because i get paid to do a job, running a tournament. when you are employed to do something you take it seriously, and tournaments dont just end without a winner, and brawl should be no different.

i told you, you can split the prize money up all you want, any which way. i just need a definite top 3, cant have people sharing credit. if you cared enough about your placement you would've just played

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
im just sayin i think Korn should get 1st since he won before it was decided if a split would occur

oh and my falco is gonna be sooo goood

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You all completely missed what i said

The players didnt finish the event

That chu 2-1 set was bolonga , he wins a 2-1 set and gets 1st after losing 3-2 in winners?

But in actuality, no one won because no one was double eliminated.

When boss/omni split, boss was 1st because he hadnt lost yet.

When neo and ninjalink split, i gave neo the win- much like this they played only 2 sets and not 3, neo lost 3-2 in wf, won the next set 3-1 so i credited him as 1st with one less loss.

Greg you should ask set counts next time, chu just wanted an easy win, he tried that on azen at a melee bi weekly once and lost rofl

kirbstir

Smash Lord
The obvious solution is to not hand over money until they either play it out or one admits to a forfeit. Then you won't have this split drama.

And who knows, maybe the inflated egos will cause neither to want to admit a forfeit and you'd actually get a decent final

On a side note, I agree with greg - you can't have two gold medal winners in a singles competition. Splits are weak anyways

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
But in actuality, no one won because no one was double eliminated.

When boss/omni split, boss was 1st because he hadnt lost yet.

When neo and ninjalink split, i gave neo the win- much like this they played only 2 sets and not 3, neo lost 3-2 in wf, won the next set 3-1 so i credited him as 1st with one less loss.

Greg you should ask set counts next time, chu just wanted an easy win, he tried that on azen at a melee bi weekly once and lost rofl
This.

Whoever wins the most is declared 1st.

But I do agree with Greg, the splitting is cool, but please play your matches seriously as to help determine our Power Rankings.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I'm sorry guys, but most of the people who posted in this thread are freaken ********.

LOLZ what kind of logic are you guys basing this off of? OPINIONS! That's right. Don't confuse opinions with fact u idiots LOLZ.

Korn - Stop lying. You said "Lets play it out". I said "Ok". We played it out. I won. I won the tournament.

You should have tried against me if you really care about that 1st place next to your name. It's great that you are entering singles again Korn. KEEP IT UP! Keep using those Azn mind games and **** everyone in singles. You patient game is very good. It's kinda like what Omni used to do (Omni, I have no idea what the hell happened to ur game LOLZ). Anyway yeah, keep it up Korn. All you really have to do in singles is CAMP, Korn. Seriously, if you camp, then you are pretty much guaranteed top three. If you need some more advice, ask me. Ask anyone, really haha.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I said let's play it out, and then we suggest to play best out of 3, you won 2-1 but then we stopped.. (due to how late the time was) and second set never happens, but we actually didn't says "the winner of this best out of 3 = first place"

so yeah.. I wasn't lying what the... :confused:

and thanks for the compliment, chu
I don't want to play you in singles for while though.... ****s drain my energy way too much..

edit: and I did tried against you, obviously! :)

ChuDat

Smash Master
I said let's play it out, and then we suggest to play best out of 3, you won 2-1 but then we stopped.. (due to how late the time was) and second set never happens, but we actually didn't says "the winner of this best out of 3 = first place"

so yeah.. I wasn't lying what the... :confused:

and thanks for the compliment, chu
I don't want to play you in singles for while though.... ****s drain my energy way too much..

edit: and I did tried against you, obviously! :)
Wow. LMAO.

Yeah man. You should play with Candy, Boss, and I more often so you can get as good as us!

ChuDat

Smash Master
chu good **** beating that dirty meta knight.
Thanks man. That was nothing.

Check this **** out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNe7NOnufps

Get ***** Inui. Inui, get ***** in teams after you PURPOSEFULLY chose Snakeee as a teammate just to counter ME at Pound4. Unfortunately, Snakeee resorted to Metaknight haha.

Come back down to MD/VA with Atomsk, Inui. You aren't dealing with MD/VA this time, you are dealing with me. This time, it's personal.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
im just sayin i think Korn should get 1st since he won before it was decided if a split would occur

oh and my falco is gonna be sooo goood
too much confusion with this finals nonsense

and yes, falco was **** from what i saw, even tho me and SandBag got your MK Kirby team shenanigans. GGz

Top Bottom