• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Cyberclub --THE RESURRECTION-- MD/VA MELEE! 4/30, Ashburn, VA

g-regulate

Smash Hero
MELEE
Melee. Melee is a game. Melee is an amazing game, where only amazing players can be truly victorious. C3 is going back to it's roots and hosting a MELEE tournament just like the old days! We are hoping that old heads and new people alike will join in the fun! 2 years have passed and our region needs step it up and usher in a new era of md/va melee!

Date
April 30th, Friday (One Night Only) 6pm

Place
C3 Cyberclub
44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

This is a LAN center, it is located in a business strip mall thingy. There's plenty of parking all over the place, just don't park directly in front of the building, as those spots are reserved. Look for the big C3 sign. This tournament will be held in the new BACK ROOM of C3, which can hold 50 people comfortably. C3 owns a plethora of non-laggy televisions which we can use for the event.
703 728 7301 (Greg's cell)

Price
10$ Venue Fee
10$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ a person)

Payouts
All money put into entering the tournament goes into the pot.
Singles will pay top 4, 55/30/10/5. Doubles will pay top 3, 60/30/10. (Subject to change)

Schedule
5pm - Doors open, Registration begins.
6pm - Registration ends, Teams begins shortly after.
8pm - Teams ending with singles starting
Everyone leaves at end of tournament.

Rules and Stages
Neutrals 1v1:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:
FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:
Kongo Jungle
Brinsta
Rainbow Cruise

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
*Wobbling Banned

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
hell yeah

i cant make it but im glad to see md/va getting some melee back

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'll def be there. C3's were some of my favorite tournaments ever. I remember that one I got 7th at that had 100 people. It was epiccccccc. I hope these can get that popular again. The venue is amazing. So many awesome big lagless tv's and lots of space and ****.

Edit : This is the only VA tournament i'd go to. :) Otherwise i hate driving in VA lol.

Chillin I'll MM my fox vs your whatever. 5$ or 10$ your call.

Edit 2 : These start at 5 now?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
yes, and its on friday. its a friday night tournament. Don't know why people freak out over a friday tournament but, its on friday night. i apologize to anyone who has a bedtime or a curfew

chinesahh

Smash Lord
I'll def be there. C3's were some of my favorite tournaments ever. I remember that one I got 7th at that had 100 people. It was epiccccccc. I hope these can get that popular again. The venue is amazing. So many awesome big lagless tv's and lots of space and ****.
who'd you lose to to get 7th? i remember i got 5th...

Eggm

Smash Hero
10$ is pretty standard nowadays and I don't know if you've ever been there but its a super **** venue. I didn't know this was Friday night I can't come. I work Friday nights sorry. Good luck guys.

Edit : Don't remember who I lost to. I know that I beat KM to get 7th tho.

Laijin

Smash Hero
wut.
Since when was a $10 venue fee ever standard?
For as long as I have been going to tournaments, that was never a standard. From my experience if people showed up to a tournament that had a venue fee of more than like $5, they usually don't return for a second tournament there. So yea.. $10 is pretty pricey for a normal tournament.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
rofl $10, thats horrible. Even $5 is pushing it.
gl with that. Surprising so many suckers would pay $10

Vist

Smash Champion
friday is pretty hard for me to do, considering i work till 8 usually and i'm like an hour away

but ill see what i can do, especially if this is looking like a big turnout :cool:

g-regulate

Smash Hero
wheres the HYPE!!!! its MD/VA MELEE!!!!
i expect everyone to come!!!!!

we need the GAMME training. GAMMEEEEEE!!!

Laijin

Smash Hero
That $10 venue fee is reaaallly not motivating me much.
However, this can be overlooked if the attendance is gonna be good.
You can't somehow talk it over with the owner to lower the venue fee to like at least $5?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Laijin has obviously never been in a C3 thread before, lol.

the $10 venue fee CANNOT be changed, and Eggm is right, $10 is pretty standard for a good LAN center, complete with enough legit CRTs and Wiis ready to play melee. I agree that $10 is expensive, and uncool, but you have to think of what you are paying for.

$5 venee fee is standard for like, someones basement, or a rented-out room, where the tournament is dependent on OTHER people bring TVs and stuff. These tournaments are "old school", and are still fun, but you never know what you're gonna get, it could possibly be an inconvenient and uncomfortable experience. College park tourney had 0$ venue fee (awesome), but all the cubes/TVs/chairs/setups were brought by the TOs and other entrants (there was like 4). I also couldn't go outside without being locked out. I realize we have different opinions on how we spend our money, but I'd rather pay a little extra than deal with little inconveniences.

C3 is a wide open LAN center, with about 8 CRT televisions, all ready to play with 8 matching Wiis and Melee discs. There are chairs everywhere, and adequate space. There is wifi in the building, and computers available for internet use. Food and Drink are sold at the counter, you don't even have to leave. There is a Foosball table, basketball dual hoop challenge arcade, possibly even ski-ball to keep you occupied between matches.

its a super **** venue.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Saturday May 1 seemed like a good date for Shell Shocked VIII, but at the time I had forgotten that this tournament was on that same weekend. When do you guys want me to hold my tournament?

D20

Smash Lord
I cannot make it this time... but Eggm's avatar is super cute.

Do you think you will host more of these events over the summer?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If I manage to find a ride from Richmond to C3, can somebody at C3 take me up to NOVA when they leave?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
C3 has done brawl tournaments since the game's release, but for years prior it was a melee venue. I convinced the owner to change it to MELEE for this occasion, due to brawls lack of interest in C3 tournaments. If there's a good turnout, we can start doing more/all melee events, and maybe even hold a BIG all-day saturday tourney over the summer in between all the "big majors" for smash.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
bump!!

I am accumulating melee discs for this tournament. I'm shooting for around 6, which should be more than plenty, even if we get a really good turnout for this.

I'm hoping everyone at Cypher's house, bmore's and UMD peeps (and some OOS) can make it!!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Count me in! MD/VA Melee scene should come back in full force at this.

And $10 is perfectly legit for a venue that has:
1.) Space out the ***.
2.) TV's out the ***.
3.) Setups out the ***.
4.) Chairs out the ***.

I totally wanna see sova, nj, pa, and ny at this. HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I'd enjoy actually going to a melee tourney sometime, but the 30th is my company's 10th anniversary, so I'll be on a boat for free dinner. Shame because it'd be about 10 mins from where I work right now.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Is anyone from College Park going? :(

*Edit*
Nevermind. Still looking for a ride from College Park :(
Unless someone knows how to get their by bus / metro or something?

Also is it ... stage strike? Or random first stage select?
And, should we be bringing Cubes?
ANYONE WANT TO PLAY SMASH64 0_0

g-regulate

Smash Hero
You don't need to bring cubes. The venue is packed with wiis. Game discs are welcome though. I own one, the venue has some, and I can get a hold of a few more. Anyone else willing to bring them = more setups, so please do if you can.

CP guys need to make this!!! Along with Bmores and everyone else!

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
CP guys need a ride T_T
Unless there's a way to metro / bus there...

*Edit*
Apparently it'd take like, 2 hours and 39 minutes to metro there haha

Ride possibly found ... :bee:

Top Bottom