• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is the initial push. It seemed logical and town-intended, so while I debated the faults in it, I townread Xivii for it because it seemed like a push town would make

Rolefishing is blatantly scummy lol, I don't really see how he can claim it isn't. This feels like a deflection due to how strongly he was pushing for a massclaim rather than looking into the motivations behind what I said

Xivii ate me alive for saying something similar about yeeting him because it would give us the most information about slot's connections. This is hypocritical

This shift in pushes seems opportunistic. It is out of nowhere and Xivii doesn't really explain it. When the support for a UP yeet dies down, he jumps back on me, claiming he never left

The above is Xivii townreading Osie specifically for scumreading him, the bottom is him implying that me not scumreading Boom for pushing me is sketchy and implies that we're mates. It doesn't check out.

I'm holding you to this. Tear him to pieces toMorrow, please

Yeah, okay.

This question still baffles me. It seems like the first time he is genuinely considering that I could be town, but it also feels like my response to this wouldn't matter regardless of what it was

This progression baffles me. Xivii seems to actually be considering that I am town, and that he is willing to rethink his reads, but by the next Day he's back to all guns blazing and is hardly even considering if others could be scum.

Can you explain this? Slip of what? Scumslip or townslip? I'm confused and no one commented on it. How are you trying to paint this?

This rubbed me the wrong way hard, but I've already touched on this. This interaction strengthened my scumread of Xivii and my townread of Boom

I'd still love to see your defenses of people that isn't scummate analyses. Those would be great post-flip if I flipped scum, but as I won't they're simply a waste of time that could be better spent scumhunting

My belief that Xivii is scum hasn't changed. I don't think it will at this point
Yeah DP is so right here, which is what I would’ve said if I was present when he said it. Sorry for being gone?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Re: Xivii

1) I’m not reading into the quote you grabbed from your partner and asking me to read into WIFOM and say “look how townie this is don’t you agree” when there’s a good chance the two of you are paired. It’s not something that I’m really interested in.

2) Because DP was the Noisy Child role, not stated but implied town. So therefore I couldn’t get mad at him because he wasn’t even an option to consider.

3) It doesn’t?

4) Because I thought he was actually a miller and when he said he was “self-doubting” I was like okay then you’re obviously just a vt there was no reason to act like you weren’t. But then he said it was to be safe and I was like eh whatever

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Figured I’d reiterate. Between mercuri and DP, Mercuri was the worst possible yeet and DP was the second, Chaco and Osie were right next to that at third and fourth. I would’ve rather have had DP yeeted D1 so we weren’t doing something as useless as yeeting mercuri, but yeeting DP D2 was still really really awful and I can’t believe people went along with it. Utterly insane, fr.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Re: Xivii

1) I’m not reading into the quote you grabbed from your partner and asking me to read into WIFOM and say “look how townie this is don’t you agree” when there’s a good chance the two of you are paired. It’s not something that I’m really interested in.

2) Because DP was the Noisy Child role, not stated but implied town. So therefore I couldn’t get mad at him because he wasn’t even an option to consider.

3) It doesn’t?

4) Because I thought he was actually a miller and when he said he was “self-doubting” I was like okay then you’re obviously just a vt there was no reason to act like you weren’t. But then he said it was to be safe and I was like eh whatever
1) It's something you think looks townie? Also, are you fully read up?

2) What I mean is, DP had already laid bare the bluff. So why react as if I had tainted somi's response?

3) You stated this: You’re off the hook. I was making some notes in my role PM where I attempted to read the mod to see whether the Child role was truly innocent and I decided that it would wholeheartedly suck butt if you turned out to be scum, so you can join Chaco and party like it’s N1.

What about your role lead you to believe the Child role was innocent?

4) If you had known it sooner, how would that have impacted the way you went about things?

5) What about somi's play indicates to you that it lacks agenda?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Last game everyone flamed me up for not trying hard enough to defend myself as a townie. This game I'm getting yeeted for the opposite. Ironic. I would seriously like some advice after the game ends lol, I'm clearly lost. Midnight was a fluke lmao
You didn't get yeeted for defending yourself. You actually defended yourself well this game and I had serious doubts, but I couldn't get over the b-game logic thing. Remember, if you get yeeted by town it's a compliment. They are saying they think you could play that well as scum. Anyway, still happy to discuss this post game (or if we end up as spectators together).

Yknow do note though that two times Boom has been “leader” on DP push, and it’s truly been Xivii both times. Not sure what to make of that. Be interested to see the stance post DP flip...
I think, I just have a very high estimation of my ability to influence the yeet. I still maintain the yeet would have swerved to UP D2 if I had wanted it to. Yes obviously Xivii has a lot of influence as well.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
This will be intensely frustrating for DP, but I just don't see scum Xivii putting so much effort into trying to link me to a theoretical scum-DP. If he is really out playing me that badly then he deserves the win.

Xivii Xivii Somi's reluctance to switch D1 back to DP seems townie now. They wouldn't have cared as scum between two town yeets.

Also, D2 what made you feel townie on UP then flip back?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
somitomi somitomi #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame If UP does vote Xivii, don't vote until we discuss carefully. I know you're both experienced enough to know this but just want to make sure.
What about you, are you going to hammer? I mean, Xivii doesn’t seem the least bit phased by even the slightest idea that if I vote him the game could potentially end immediately.

I’ll get to the other stuff eventually

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
What about you, are you going to hammer? I mean, Xivii doesn’t seem the least bit phased by even the slightest idea that if I vote him the game could potentially end immediately.

I’ll get to the other stuff eventually
I'm going to follow my own advice and discuss carefully. Xivii's unconcern fits with him thinking you must be scum. The only way you voting Xivii is bad is if the scum team is Somi+Frozen. I have almost everyone as town for some reason so I need to really reevaluate, but at least one of you and Somi have to be scum or I've been snowed hard and I'm leaning town on Somi (although barely).

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
anyone else baffled at how much handwringing UP is doing right out of the gates as soon as D3 hits to ***** and moan about yeet when he was perfectly content to coast all of D2? if UP isn't scum I'll eat my foot like all this slot has done all game is LAMIST as a power grab, get deflated when it didn't work, and then coast and whine about misyeets despite making no attempt to actually help us scumhunt like what the actual ****

everyone needs to show up this phase, this is lylo. I'm due for a reread and I'm hoping to get that done over lunch tomorrow. feeling really lost right now and need to figure out who tf UPs partner is because if it isn't him and someone else I've been really ****ing outplayed

friday and saturday night are going to be complete no shows from me, I'm booked solid, but I do plan I being available saturday afternoon and probably most of sunday. Monday will be iffy depending on my court schedule which isn't 100% set in stone yet but I'm going to make every effort to clear atleast 2 hours pre-deadline

BoomFrog BoomFrog somitomi somitomi Xiivi Xiivi

humor me and assume UP is scum, who's the mate?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
LAMIST as a power grab
Sure?

get deflated when it didn't work
I’m hardly deflated, this is so off.

and then coast
I had stuff going on D2 that was publicly declared, idk what else you want unless you wanted a copy of my personal calendar and a gopro to prove what I did Saturday-Monday

whine about misyeets
They were pretty brainless tho lol, idk why you can just agree that the Mercuri and DP were dumb moves and just move on.

despite making no attempt to actually help us scumhunt
Hard disagree, I’m doing a fair amount of scumhunting and my efforts have led me to Xivii and BoomFrog as the most likely candidates purely from association.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Like honestly I claim to be perfectly willing to potentially end the game right now and Xivii still hasn’t batted an eye, that’s so unnatural, town would be panicking knowing that they could be about to lose, especially when Xivii claimed yesterday that he thought I was town. Of course that attitude naturally shifted now that he needs a misyeet target but my point still stands, he is acting incredibly soulless and antitown.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Like legit, Osie wanted Xivii dead and he kicked the bucket, Mercuri has like zero content worth considering so there’s nothing to read there, and Darkpit also wanted Xivii dead. The only exception was Chaco but he was mostly agreed to be scum and would be very difficult for scum to misyeet which tbf I’m sure that his opinion is going to be used as “evidence” against me, but it’s not my fault he was off the deep end.

Like I don’t get how despite all of that and me never being part of those nasty misyeets, which btw NOBODY HAS ADDRESSED HOW BAD THEY WERE AFTER THE FACT, like there’s no reconsideration after either of those yeets and personal remorse like “sorry for that one, looks like we should try another avenue”. DP, Somi and I were all anti-Xivii and the DP yeet-club still thinks they’re in the right. Both scum are assuredly within Xivii, BoomFrog, and FrozenFlame, and the town among those three should be absurdly ashamed of themselves.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Like legit, Osie wanted Xivii dead and he kicked the bucket, Mercuri has like zero content worth considering so there’s nothing to read there, and Darkpit also wanted Xivii dead. The only exception was Chaco but he was mostly agreed to be scum and would be very difficult for scum to misyeet which tbf I’m sure that his opinion is going to be used as “evidence” against me, but it’s not my fault he was off the deep end.

Like I don’t get how despite all of that and me never being part of those nasty misyeets, which btw NOBODY HAS ADDRESSED HOW BAD THEY WERE AFTER THE FACT, like there’s no reconsideration after either of those yeets and personal remorse like “sorry for that one, looks like we should try another avenue”. DP, Somi and I were all anti-Xivii and the DP yeet-club still thinks they’re in the right. Both scum are assuredly within Xivii, BoomFrog, and FrozenFlame, and the town among those three should be absurdly ashamed of themselves.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
How bad the yeets were, not how bad the players were. Nobody has said anything about the yeets being wrong, and when I say address this I’m only “whining”. Not admitting fault when you’re wrong about a yeet is anti-town. Ignoring it entirely and saying that the yeets were “necessary” is always anti-town in both of those instances.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
1) It's something you think looks townie? Also, are you fully read up?

2) What I mean is, DP had already laid bare the bluff. So why react as if I had tainted somi's response?

3) You stated this: You’re off the hook. I was making some notes in my role PM where I attempted to read the mod to see whether the Child role was truly innocent and I decided that it would wholeheartedly suck butt if you turned out to be scum, so you can join Chaco and party like it’s N1.

What about your role lead you to believe the Child role was innocent?

4) If you had known it sooner, how would that have impacted the way you went about things?

5) What about somi's play indicates to you that it lacks agenda?
1) I don’t think it means anything in the context you’re trying to force it as.

2) Because it was never about Darkpit, it was about whoever came after that. All I could do was pretend Darkpit never said anything because the “line” was already paid but I also didn’t realize that there would be fakeclaims so it wouldn’t have worked anyway.

3) It has nothing to do with my role. I was just talking to Kary. Of course Kary never said anything back, but if I was vocalizing stuff then I could get some theories flowing. (I didn’t say anything game changing, only taking notes of things people said and stuff)

4) If I had known sooner, then I would’ve known that it was a waste of time. I also started to think that me fakeclaiming a working role would be believable, but knowing he was a VT then everything he said about being a miller meant literally nothing because he wasn’t (Osie pulled the fakeclaim better tho). It did make me town read him because it was a realistically timed miller claim. But he obviously wasn’t a miller when he said he was self-doubting. I recall you being quick to doubt the towniness of an immediate miller claim 🤔

5) I’m not yeeting somi lol

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii Xivii Xivii Somi's reluctance to switch D1 back to DP seems townie now. They wouldn't have cared as scum between two town yeets.
I don't think I agree with this. He never demonstrated a reluctance to switch. I felt it was partner indicative because he had stated a preference for DP but had questioned why I switched from Merc to him. He never actively resisted the switch though, and we don't know if he would have, as I never responded or attempted to get him to switch. So it's more of a diode in that it's scum indicative if DP is scum, but not town indicative if DP is town. Also, I think you're underestimating the uncomfortableness scum faces when it comes to high-pressure votes such as hammer.
Also, D2 what made you feel townie on UP then flip back?
I town read him by how he responded to me the day before regarding the role cop. It appeared that he genuinely believed that he speculated correctly and that I was bringing it up because it was my role. When I reread in that light, I was able to see his posts from a town perspective. My read degraded with his active coasting, the fact that I couldn't definitely exclude him as DP's partner when I looked again, and then DP's post-hammer town claim (which lead me to you being town, so with PoE of somi, Frozen, UP; UP is the scummiest of the three).
Btw Xivii, why did you stop bolding and coloring the player names?
This:
-With regard to my using colors, there's nothing to figure out bruh. I literally just wanted to use colors in my post because I like color and like to make things pretty. There was no grand scheme behind it, damn. I stopped using them once I realized how horrendously difficult it was making my posts to read.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
1) I don’t think it means anything in the context you’re trying to force it as.

2) Because it was never about Darkpit, it was about whoever came after that. All I could do was pretend Darkpit never said anything because the “line” was already paid but I also didn’t realize that there would be fakeclaims so it wouldn’t have worked anyway.

3) It has nothing to do with my role. I was just talking to Kary. Of course Kary never said anything back, but if I was vocalizing stuff then I could get some theories flowing. (I didn’t say anything game changing, only taking notes of things people said and stuff)

4) If I had known sooner, then I would’ve known that it was a waste of time. I also started to think that me fakeclaiming a working role would be believable, but knowing he was a VT then everything he said about being a miller meant literally nothing because he wasn’t (Osie pulled the fakeclaim better tho). It did make me town read him because it was a realistically timed miller claim. But he obviously wasn’t a miller when he said he was self-doubting. I recall you being quick to doubt the towniness of an immediate miller claim 🤔

5) I’m not yeeting somi lol
1) Are you fully read up?

2) I think the second line is believable, even if misguided

3) I see. Thanks for explaining. I thought your statement meant you were taking notes of your role PM, hence the confusion.

4) I'm not sure about this one. You stated that you wish you had known it sooner halfway into page 3. So I'm not quite sure what time was wasted. Could you elaborate on this more?

5) There's no implication of yeeting somi in my question. I'd like to understand your thought process. What about his posts gives you the impression of lacking an agenda? The ignition behind my inquiry is that there is a discrepancy in your read on him now than from the previous phases. Yesterday, you were certain I was scum because I was backing off from scum reading my partner (somi). What changed? Additionally, now that you don't think he is scum, what do you believe scum!zen's motivation was for recanting his view of somi? I asked three questions in this paragraph, please respond to each of them.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
1) Probably? Enough to answer your questions

4) Because I thought he was a miller with only half of the picture, but when he said he was self-doubting it was clear he wasn’t. This means literally nothing I have zero reason to elaborate further.

5) I don’t think I ever seriously believed Somi was scum when you and FrozenFlame were still in the game.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh lol there’s three questions. Hm. Aside from the needlessly pedantic use of long words, let’s see...

5) There's no implication of yeeting somi in my question. I'd like to understand your thought process. What about his posts gives you the impression of lacking an agenda? The ignition behind my inquiry is that there is a discrepancy in your read on him now than from the previous phases. Yesterday, you were certain I was scum because I was backing off from scum reading my partner (somi). What changed? Additionally, now that you don't think he is scum, what do you believe scum!zen's motivation was for recanting his view of somi? I asked three questions in this paragraph, please respond to each of them.
1) He’s just vibing. Not trying to be sneaky, no ulterior motives or questionable posts.

2) Like I said I don’t think I was ever too sus of somi on D2, if I was then the points are already stale and I know I pushed for them a bit on D1 but there’s more obvious scum in the waters now so somi is cleared by the Anti-PoE and their vote on you, along with by my certainty that both scum voted for DP.

3) Not sure what you’re referring to, sorry. Could you change the wording of your question, it’s kinda confusing what you want :/

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Like honestly I claim to be perfectly willing to potentially end the game right now and Xivii still hasn’t batted an eye, that’s so unnatural, town would be panicking knowing that they could be about to lose, especially when Xivii claimed yesterday that he thought I was town.
This is interesting. I think I've heard it before, but I can't pinpoint the game. It was probably on mafiascum. I don't think it's outside the realm for town!you to play as you are (if so I'll be incredibly disappointed), but I think your attitude is more likely to come from scum; in particular how virulent and impolite you're being. I know I'm inclined to adopt an aggressive persona as scum in an attempt to dominate the game state, which can lead to being ill-mannered. It's as if there are these moral gymnastics one can get caught up doing as scum because of the nature of the role, causing them to behave in ways that are otherwise against their character or what they would normally consider to be socially unacceptable.

I don't want to believe town!you would truly call me a dumbass, and I'd be genuinely surprised if it was the case. I'm assuming that scum!you came into today with the mentality that you weren't going to attempt to maintain face with me personally, and instead decided to invest your chips in convincing others against me.

Osie town read me at the end of the day I believe. Merc had a solid town read on me. I think DP realized near the end. And yea Chaco was pretty solid on me.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Nothing I’m doing is socially acceptable, I’m aware that I’m acting like an arrogant asshole. Not something I’ve done ever, but it’s also brought about by my overconfidence and stubbornness this game due to the lack of terrible moves made by town, both of which I was adamantly against but hApPeNnEd to be away for. Wow, lookee at that scum play by yours truly

Top Bottom