• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Claim is happening, sorry, busy day.
I'm an anti-social neighbour, apparently any actions that would recruit me or send me a message will fail.
somi "preferred darkpit" over Merc, but after I opened up the opportunity to a Merc yeet, he was reluctant to switch back during that period, even though he had ample time to do so and darkpit was sitting at L-1.
I wasn't reluctant, I was just genuinely confused by your switch because I didn't keep track and had no idea I could hammer.
Eliminating Merc and Osie shifted the game back in town's favor
Wait, how is Osie's death helping town?
Xivii is scum's target for today. UP is scum-siding, which makes somi the swing vote.
What does "scum-siding" mean?

Chaco

Never Logs In
That bothers me too. Especially when people say I'm scummy or missing something for implying that people's roles have the potential to do something, even if it's minor, when it's clear that my role does
Like if you’re legit town I’m really curious to see the setup post game and hear Karys head on it

Chaco

Never Logs In
Somis claim seems legit to me actually. Flavor and all.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii That doesn't make any sense, and I don't know who you think you are going to convince. I'm struggling to see your angle as town or scum here. AND, you are ignoring my important questions still (which you apparently do as town, so ¯\(ツ)/¯ ). For the record, I've never seen night kill analysis get good results. There's a million reasons to NK someone and anything you could guess could be soaked in wine anyway. Especially in a game like this with no powers, you just NK the try hard town players because they are the hardest to fool in endgame.

Anyway, to address the biggest concern: Xivii Xivii Why did you give up on "pressuring" somi so fast? We still have plenty of day left. Also, to repeat: at end of D1 how confident were you on DP and how confident on mer?

Eliminating Merc and Osie shifted the game back in town's favor, but it is being balanced on a needle.
This is the most nonsense thing possible to post ever. We lost two townies, that will help! Like, the worst result we can get from an absentee town player is that they suck up a missyeet. I've gotten rid of all the bombs in the building by detonating them! wtfmate?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright so we need an FF claim now and Boom.

Boom may as well go since FF hasn’t been around since day start yet

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
What does "scum-siding" mean?
I believe he's trying to imply that UP is town, but is likely to be voting with those he's claiming are scum toDay

I'm an anti-social neighbour, apparently any actions that would recruit me or send me a message will fail
This checks out with the earlier claim and confusion, as it has the potential to actually do something depending on other roles. Feels legit, though ig it could be a Kary-given fakeclaim

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Where are you getting this from?
From you ignoring my questions D2 of Midnight which was frustrating then too. Really half the reason I'm hanging onto the idea that you are town this game is that you were so anti-town last game, but were still town. I get some BoomFrog induced paranoia, but if you think I've been pushing for a yeet on scum then you have to give me some credit. Otherwise we may as well just start D1 with a Xivii or BF yeet every game. If DP is scum then let's yeet DP and see if we get to work together D3. If you get NKed then trust the rest of town to not be incompetent, you are not the sole savior of mankind. Like, yeah, if we get to LYLO and have racked up the missyeets, then go for BoomFrog, he should have hit scum by now and must be manipulating town. Give me the Finger of Doom if you are worried about getting NEed. That makes sense. But it feels like you are trying to distract from the DP yeet today by muddying the waters.

You insta flipflopping on somi and UP isn't helping. You've got no credit man, and no get out of jail free mason card this game. Stop trying to do fancy plays or I'll call in wiips to berate you.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Oh, I'm the Distracted Mailman. I can send a 20 word message but it may get lost, missdelivered or altered. Last night I tried to send a bunch of Woofs to Xivii as an inside joke but the letter got delivered to myself. I'm guessing no one will ever actually receive a letter from me, but if they do, just assume it's been altered.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I was about to put where my head's at rn but that last message got to me. Xivii, you spent the entire last half of last game telling Mala that flash yeeting is inherently anti-town and those that pursue or go through with one are scummy for it. Why push for votes on me rn when toDay just started?

But it feels like you are trying to distract from the DP yeet today by muddying the waters.
I wonder what motivation he could have for doing that (:

I'm just saying, the signs are all there. If I get yeeted toDay, please look back and yeet Xivii toMorrow

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Here's where I'm at:

Boom is solid town for me, even moreso than yesterDay. Logic checks out as incorrect tunneling and motivations seem genuine. Reluctance to vote this early reads well after being flash yeeted as town in Midnight. Put him up with Chaco in "These are town and I'm not reevaluating these reads until LyLo".

That leaves my PoE as Xiv, UP, Frozen, and Somi.

I'm super sold on scum Xivii and can't at all imagine him as scum with UP, so I'm clearing him for now, but that would be a completely different story if Xivii somehow flips town

Out of Frozen and Somi, I'm leaning a little bit more town on Somi than Frozen? But I'm about to try to reevaluate and get a better feel for their slots so that might change after rereading them

Rn, leaning towards Xivii with Frozen. If Xivii is town, just yeet me toMorrow, cuz clearly I'll have been no help this game lmao. But I really, really, really don't think that's the case

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Like, yeah, if we get to LYLO and have racked up the missyeets, then go for BoomFrog, he should have hit scum by now and must be manipulating town. Give me the Finger of Doom if you are worried about getting NEed. That makes sense. But it feels like you are trying to distract from the DP yeet today by muddying the waters.

You insta flipflopping on somi and UP isn't helping. You've got no credit man, and no get out of jail free mason card this game. Stop trying to do fancy plays or I'll call in wiips to berate you.
Like what even is your argument here haha, that I shouldn't try to show why somi isn't scummates with DP? Somehow that muddies the waters?

BoomFrog, do you agree or disagree that Chaco and Frozen are locked town?

BoomFrog, am I trying to promote a flash yeet on DP as he is saying or am I trying to detract from a DP yeet as you're saying :smirk:?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Would you mind quoting?
Xivii Xivii , the fact that you ignored this question really feels like you are scum trying to push an agenda instead of engaging with me. You are acting like either you are scum, or you are 100% sure I am scum and have zero consideration that I could be town and you should try and get me on board to work together.

Why did you ignore this question originally?
Why did you you wait so long to claim chocolate?
Do you think everyone should 100% believe your claim even through LYLO?
Xivii Xivii Why rush the hammer? You avoided the important part of my question again!
Yep let's do it, so where is your DP vote :smirk:?
Asked and answer already. Let's not clutter the discussion.

BoomFrog, am I trying to promote a flash yeet on DP as he is saying or am I trying to detract from a DP yeet as you're saying :smirk:?
I'm struggling to see your angle as town or scum here.
BoomFrog, do you agree or disagree that Chaco and Frozen are locked town?
We've got 2 missyeets left? Yeah, I'm going to lose the game if they are scum. Lock town.

Like what even is your argument here haha, that I shouldn't try to show why somi isn't scummates with DP? Somehow that muddies the waters?
I was clearly talking about your case against me. Showing why Somi is town is helpful, obviously.

So, for the third time... can you answer my questions please?

Chaco

Never Logs In
So basically everyone’s PoE is UP, Somi, and DP?

DP is basically the most widely accepted as scum, then UP, then Somi?

@ Everyone: Can I get ordered read lists and PoEs from everyone?

It’s really bugging me that everyone’s roles do nothing basically but DPs is announced. Obv scum have fake claims here. Somi’s seems like the literal most legit claim I’ve heard so far. so I’m removing him from my PoE at the moment. But then again, very possible just a strong fake claim. No sense in trying to narrow per claims though. Waiting for FFs to see.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame you’re the last claim homie

Chaco: Self doubting Miller
DP: Noisy Child
Xivii: Novice of all Trades
Boom: “something” mailman
Somi: “unfriendly or something lol” neighbor
UP: Popgun Vigilante

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Xivii and I are considering eachother. My list is:

Lock Town: Chaco - FF
UP
Xivii
Somi
DP

With a serious need to review Xivii and Somi. (Thus fulfilling Xivii's prophesy that I'm trying to get him yeeted with my partner DP)

I’m removing him from my PoE at the moment
Hmm. I see what you are saying. Mafia generally can't be recruited so that'd be weird to note that in a scum role. Hmm.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That wasn’t even my reasoning but an interesting point nonetheless. My thoughts were actually due to role structure (of the name)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
We've got 2 missyeets left? Yeah, I'm going to lose the game if they are scum. Lock town.

I was clearly talking about your case against me. Showing why Somi is town is helpful, obviously.

So, for the third time... can you answer my questions please?
Good. We agree that Chaco and Frozen are locked town. So you see, then, that if I can definitively show that Somi (or UP or both) is not DP's scummate, and if DP is scum, then from my perspective the game is won. Scum needs two misyeets to win. If we reduce the PoE by eliminating Somi (or UP or both), then it will not be possible for scum to win.

Bruh.

Hmm. I see what you are saying. Mafia generally can't be recruited so that'd be weird to note that in a scum role. Hmm.
Chaco Chaco please tell me that you see this doesn't come from town haha. Boom would not actually think this is a legit point to consider. Of course mafia would have this, especially given the fact that I've established many times that Kary 100% gave scum roles to fit in (whether that it's their actual role or safe claim). I mean not doing so would just be negligent. This is fake to the 1 millionth degree.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I tried to ignore it tbh. Cause it’s so blatant it can’t be real. Lol.

And no, Boom, Somi’s role is lost similarly structured to mine which is why lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
Anti social and self doubting are closer than novice or popgun etc

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ultimately it was unknowable as he didn't give us anything to work with. Hence why he needed to go. Removing an unknown variable opens up the doorway to getting a cohesive picture of the game.

I was hoping throughout the day that he was going to whip something out as we approached the end of the day, but when that time comes and goes still did nothing, not even vote, I was just like **** it.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Can someone explain why Frozen is universally "locktown"? He... hasn't really done much?

Like what even is your argument here haha, that I shouldn't try to show why somi isn't scummates with DP?
This is a waste of time and I think you know it. If you want to prove that he's town feel free, I'd actually appreciate it, but do so with merits of his own, rather than "he's not connected to DP so he can't be scum". That just makes it so you don't have to actually commit to townreading him, so after I flip town you can go "dang I was wrong, guess Somi could be scum". I'm not having it. Feel free to townread him, feel free to make a case for him, but that cannot be the case. It will help absolutely no one but scum toMorrow

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Anti social and self doubting are closer than novice or popgun etc
This argument doesn't really hold any water lmao, especially when everyone agrees that scum got fake claims, which is the argument you used against Boom's point

Top Bottom