• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Darkpit are you really town? Why do you think I'm scum?
This is an odd question, as you've made it very clear that you don't think so. But yes, I am. If you don't believe me you'll see fairly soon lol

I think you're scum because you've been somewhat opportunistic on your reads and some of your interactions don't feel townie. You point these things out to others, but when you're accused of them you act like they're incorrect or not inherently anti-town, or you don't respond at all. You're quick to shift attention away from yourself: the post where you stated "no one would say I'm the reason for the massclaim" stands out for this. You're a strong player and a power wolf. You could easily lead a misyeet like this and recieve no suspicion for it. If you're scum this game and win you'll deserve it, but hopefully everyone will listen to me so this doesn't happen. I'll be very surprised if I'm wrong

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
-Where would you say I've been opportunistic
-Which interactions don't feel townie
-What happened to your read on UP?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
About an hour and a half until deadline. If it comes between yeeting me and no yeet, yeet me. Whatever info you can gain from that is better than nothing

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Looking for examples of the top two will take time I'm not sure I have rn, but I'll get to them if I do. With Osie seemed somewhat untownie, very self-pres. Your push of Boomfrog. I'll look for the specific reasons if I have time

UP has been a lot less misleading town-leadery, has had progressions that make sense, and ultimately just seems to have much less scum intent than a few others in the game

mərcurı

Smash Rookie
At this point though I’m almost just cool with policy lynching mercuri, and I know we could get enough traction for that.

cause the taunting back at people is just pointless. It’s blatant refusal.
this isnt taunting?
from experience its > rand scum to shade someone without actually having a read of any sort on thwm

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Dammit, why does Smashboards keep eating my draft post?
I would love to have somitomi somitomi thoughts here
Honestly, you and me both. The sheer amount of posts generated by the various arguments Osie got in is a tad overwhelming and I don't feel like I have any solid grasp on the game right now. There was some weirdness going on that doesn't make sense for either alignment, so I'll try to sort Osie overnight, hopefully that'll help me with other people as well.
Mercuri, Darkpit is there yeet today but we need majority. Pop in and vote. Deadline is soon and if we don't get majority we don't get a yeet.
If it really comes down to this choice, DarkPit wouldn't be my primary target, but they're better than mercuri from an information perspective.
##Unvote
There's still about an hour left, I'm ready to do the honours.

Chaco

Never Logs In
this isnt taunting?
from experience its > rand scum to shade someone without actually having a read of any sort on thwm
No it’s just that you’ve had literally maybe a combined paragraph of game relevant talk. Anytime someone tries to get you to contribute it’s met with a one liner essentially. I don’t really want to policy lynch, but it’s like cmon, complete null slot or continue amongst division. This game is to small to continue this path when this is basically our one chance to do so without massive repercussions to the game state. Two MLs and it’s LyLo. If you continue this route we are in D3 with a complete unknown factor, so it’s like obviously that’s no one first choice but it has to be discussed when it’s become such an obvious thing. You’re doing just enough to dodge inactivity at this point. If you want to compound a complete read list and give about a paragraph on each slot that would be amazing. Overall game state, likely pairings, etc. but as of right now most of your content is slight responses to people probing you for more.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hm if you're town, then this game is simply not possible to win. It would mean that BoomFrog would most certainly have to be scum. But there's no way he's being yeeted based on the position is people's read list. It would also have to mean that another strong player was his mate. Osie maybe. Merc? Idk. The world where you're town I just don't think we win and it's going to be a grueling game.

Stick to your guns Xivii. He's scum. Remember the convoluted b-game logic.

Yeah but it kind of makes sense if they discussed having a scum IC after his last game doesn't it?

No. Look. I'll explain it again. His role not being bast in no way implies that the game isn't bast. Yes, we know it isn't, but his reasoning to justify it doesn't make sense. If he was under the impression that a bast game would mean all roles are messed up, then yes. But we know from that game that he knows a single role could be bast without the rest of the game being so.

Yeah, but I still feel like we can't say for certain with just that. I'mma look over him one more time.

##Uvote: Darkpit

Chaco

Never Logs In
It’s just frustrating to play as town when you have lurkers who you absolutely cannot sort. Can you honestly say anyone has any reason to townread you? Same could be said of scum. Way I see it is you have a 25% chance to flip scum, and if we can’t reach a consensus here then that’s a better option and work off of connections from the NK D2.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount 1-17

[3] Darkpit54: Boomfrog, #HBC FrozeηFlame, Chaco
[2] #HBC FrozeηFlame: osieorb18, Darkpit54
[1] Xivii : UtopianPoyzin

[3] Not Voting: mərcurı, somitomi, Xivii

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Day 1 Deadline is at 11 PM UTC on Saturday August 8th; less than 1 hour remains.

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'm here and hopefully will be until deadline. We really need to reach an agreement. Does reaching majority hammer, or does the game end at deadline no matter what? I think yeeting me is better than nothing, and yeeting Mer is better than me, though still not ideal

Xivii's recent post actually makes me a little unsure because he could have easily pushed this to misyeet and never reconsidered, which is where it was seeming like this was headed, and a large part of why his intent seemed scummy. Ughhgh this game is confusing

Xivii, can you explain why Boom?

If Osie is scum I've been played harddd and he deserves the win tbh

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
Do you really think that's going to get tracktion in one hour?
Sigh
##Vote: mercuri

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
You know I'm down with that.

Mer, if you have any good insight you were saving for later, pleaseee drop it now

##Unvote
##Vote: Mərcuri

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Frozen is here and he's been advocating for this forever. Chaco said he's willing to as well. It'll go through.

I just want to get anything from Mer we can before it does

Chaco

Never Logs In
As I said before, I’d rather Lynch an unknown with a 25% chance of being scum than deal with that in a LyLo situation

Chaco

Never Logs In
35 minutes. Xivii which way you going. DP still at L1.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii, final say. Policy or DP? I’m basically swing vote here atm unless FF pops up

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Are you 100% sure that I'm scum? Because otherwise it would be much more beneficial to yeet a slot that is never going to be anything but a liability

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Not Osie in any world. That draws suspicion to his claim, and obviously he's protecting me

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah that’s what I thought. Lol.
##Unvote
##Vote: Mercuri

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Maybeee someone like Xivii or UP, but probably you. Almost everyone has you as lock town, I can't imagine a situation where you get pushed at all

Chaco

Never Logs In
So we know this is locked and done before deadline

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
That's L-1 right? Xivii is forever an enigma, but this feels a little more like last game? I'll have to reread toNight to reevaluate lol.

Top Bottom