• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Heck yes, I rolled town. And I didn’t just agree with Kary that I’d change my outlook to make it seem like I’m not scum

I'm beginning to think that this game is very much NOT completely Vanilla. What if no one is vanilla???

Anyway UP asked us not to vote him, which is clearly scum indicative

##Vote: Utopian
Remove that right now

Chaco

Never Logs In
imagine trying to pocket the guy who claimed miller in his first post

## Vote: mercuri
Look man, I know I’m warm and cuddly.

So what’s mercuris experience? Vet or newer? I would tag them to ask but I can’t figure out how they spelled it.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Btw I’m going to take control of the game if y’all don’t mind.

Everybody’s flavor should be based on a role. If everybody claimed what type of role they had, that seems like it would work out alright. We obviously shouldn’t say whether we’re real or fake, but it could probably help narrow down the mafia by which town roles are active or not.

Thoughts on this?

mərcurı

Smash Rookie
And I still voted incorrectly. Sigh.

I imagine it is, as Osie puts it, deceptively low power. In other words, it is probably that all or most of us have roles that seem to do something on the surface, but in reality are simply dressed up vanilla roles.
this town

Heck yes, I rolled town. And I didn’t just agree with Kary that I’d change my outlook to make it seem like I’m not scum

Remove that right now
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 get in here and explain your role so I can engage with Chaco
Okay cool, you can be unyeetable until endgame.
this probably scum
i got a lot of pings through these posts

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

Everybody’s flavor should be based on a role. If everybody claimed what type of role they had, that seems like it would work out alright. We obviously shouldn’t say whether we’re real or fake, but it could probably help narrow down the mafia by which town roles are active or not.

Thoughts on this?
I think this is a good idea.

mərcurı mərcurı what pinged you about UP's posts?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678

Remove that right now
...yes sir
##Unvote

Not really much more to tell tbh. No abilities or anything. All of my google searches couldn't find it, so I'm assuming Kary just renamed it to where I'm not technically innocent. I don't really see the point of that? But ig it just makes it weaker lol

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I think if this was *******, my role would probably be Innocent Child with me being scum. Because neither of those are true, I'm going to assume this is not a ******* game for now, and agree with Chaco that the roles are probably just weak lol

I feel like I probably shouldn't be treated as an Innocent Child, as I'm technically not one. Last game I was so universally townread that hopefully it won't really matter anyway lol.

Thoughts on this?
I'm sorry, can you explain what you mean by this? I don't think I really understand lol

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I think if this was *******, my role would probably be Innocent Child with me being scum.
You’re right in the sense that this game is not *******, but you are by no means an Innocent Child. We know your role but not your alignment, so don’t get ahead of yourself by saying that your confirmed when you really aren’t. You’re only off the hook when I say you are.

You’re off the hook. I was making some notes in my role PM where I attempted to read the mod to see whether the Child role was truly innocent and I decided that it would wholeheartedly suck butt if you turned out to be scum, so you can join Chaco and party like it’s N1.

Xivii’s cool, they’re good for now.

Yeah my PoE is just mercuri out of those who’ve said important things just far, let’s just yeet em

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii Talk about how correct my gamesolve is pretty please :sadeyes:

Hopefully in a more serious tone than the question I asked so it wouldn’t be a waste of time
I don't think Mercury is a bad vote. I'm not sure what pinged him in your posts. It's also strange to me that I pinged him as town but he didn't mention Dark Pit who made a similar post and prior to me. That leads me to think that he is picking and choosing things to read and comment on rather than attempting to form a holistic perspective of the game. In a similar vein, he also did not respond to Chaco.

I can't say I have any read on Frozen one way or the other.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
VoteCount 1-1

[2] Mercuri: FrozenFlame, UtopianPoyzin
[1] 3DSNinja: Xivii
[1] FrozenFlame: Chaco
[5] Not Voting: 3DSNinja, mercuri, Darkpit54, somitomi, BoomFrog

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Day 1 Deadline is: 11 PM UTC on Saturday August 8th

(please politely prompt personal pertaining problems with the vote count)

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
You’re right in the sense that this game is not *******, but you are by no means an Innocent Child. We know your role but not your alignment, so don’t get ahead of yourself by saying that your confirmed when you really aren’t. You’re only off the hook when I say you are.
I wholeheartedly agree, if I didn't make that clear in the second half of that post lol

How many scum do we think we have in this size of a game? Three? Do we think there's a potential 3rd party?

Closed setups scare me :scared:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Probably two scum here, DP. 3 would be to much and would be LyLo D2 considering an ML D1

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't think Mercury is a bad vote. I'm not sure what pinged him in your posts. It's also strange to me that I pinged him as town but he didn't mention Dark Pit who made a similar post and prior to me. That leads me to think that he is picking and choosing things to read and comment on rather than attempting to form a holistic perspective of the game. In a similar vein, he also did not respond to Chaco.

I can't say I have any read on Frozen one way or the other.
Did you gain a restriction, or just oppositely color coordinating your names?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Aight thanks, that makes sense. I wasn't really thinking about how early LyLo would be

Did you gain a restriction, or just oppositely color coordinating your names?
I assumed he was coloring by how good a vote on them would be rn? But idrk tbh

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
All right, let's go.
I'm beginning to think that this game is very much NOT completely Vanilla. What if no one is vanilla???
That's a bit of a risky statement to make right out of the gate. What if you're wrong about it?
imagine trying to pocket the guy who claimed miller in his first post

## Vote: mercuri
Is there some logical gymnasics here that I can't do or is the vote unrelated to the statement preceeding it.
Okay cool, you can be unyeetable until endgame.
What for? Same goes for Darkpit's free pass.

Thoughts on this?
First thought was "that's pretty blatant rolefishing if I ever saw one". On second thought I don't quite understand what you propose we all claim and how you're going to gain information from it without outing any "useful" PRs we might have?

Chaco

Never Logs In
All right, let's go.

That's a bit of a risky statement to make right out of the gate. What if you're wrong about it?

Is there some logical gymnasics here that I can't do or is the vote unrelated to the statement preceeding it.

What for? Same goes for Darkpit's free pass.

First thought was "that's pretty blatant rolefishing if I ever saw one". On second thought I don't quite understand what you propose we all claim and how you're going to gain information from it without outing any "useful" PRs we might have?
This whole post pinged me as scummy.

##Unvote
##Vote:Somitomi

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
On second thought I don't quite understand what you propose we all claim and how you're going to gain information from it without outing any "useful" PRs we might have?
It’s more “for later”, checking to see if anybody claims the same type of role and makes sure that scum can’t go back on their claimed abilities later on.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I wasn't really claiming it was necessarily correct, it was more to build conversation, though I am convinced it isn't completely vanilla. No one has disputed this and said that they are just vanilla, but if someone is they honestly probably shouldn't. I don't really see the risk in what I said though

First thought was "that's pretty blatant rolefishing if I ever saw one"
I agree with this, but he went back on it before anyone actually answered so... eh? I won't really make much of it yet lol

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think Somi’s view is scum indicative from lack of town info. Their statement while in a normal game would presumably be town, here is not due to the type of game we see from our roles. So far I’ve managed to see that parallel from the small amount of information that’s been put forward.

I don’t think UPs pursuit was genuinely scummy, I feel it comes from the mindset that I’ve said Somi genuinely lacked.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
We’re probably dealing with a godfather and a rolecop maybe, problem is that godfathers aren’t typically normal and I’m doing that on the premise that Chaco is truly the miller so that would be antithesized by a godfather.

Of course I have more confidence in a rolecop due to the way this game is set up but the godfather is give or take, be cautious with cop results because I’m pretty sure that our cop is probably active, given it’s not me (or is it?)

Top Bottom