• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick, The Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

aatami

Smash Rookie
Before we start, no I am not a C-Noob. This thread is not about if spamming C is a real good deal or not.

After abandoning Kirby for being too tricky for lacking rewards, I have played on random for a while now, some times desiding on a main and then switching around. In the end, I settled for G&W, and have had him as a main for a while now. Now, I would like to discuss about using the C-Stick with G&W. I know that usually the C-Stick is a bad option, but with G&W I think things could be different, in some situations. As we all know, G&W has very fast smashes. Thus, I got the idea that C could give the opponent less time to respond, even if maybe a few frames, thus letting me get in a quick smash in where A + X-tilt would not be as certain.

Now, do you think that the C-Stick could be incorporated into some G&W play style, or is it as total-noob as it usually is?

Luxor

Smash Champion
Whoever said using the C-stick was a sign of noobness? Pro MELEE players use the Cstick. As long as you're doing whatever Cstick move you're doing at a safe time, there's no real reason not to use the C-stick.

NNID
Budget_Player
The C-stick is the equivalent of directional input+button. There's nothing nooby or unsafe about using it, depending on the situation. Now, a nooby G&W/MK who basically slams down on the Cstick at the slightest sign of trouble is going to get his *** ***** for doing so in tournaments, but that's misuse.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
GnWs Smashers aren't really very fast.. They have nice hitboxes, and some (fsmash) can even linger. Also, people use c-stick to smash; nothing wrong with that. But you also need to know the benefits of smashing with a-button as well.
If you want to discuss this more bring it to our social thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=240981

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom