• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C-Stick or A Button aerials?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
The only time you should be using A for aerials is when you need to get a fair out really quick. Otherwise c-stick is superior simply because it gives you much better control of your character.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
Personally I can execute fair faster with c-stick than with the A button. Its alot easier to space your aerials with cstick also, which, in my opinion makes it the better option since Marth is so dependant on spacing and control.

When I think about it I hardly use A button for aerials at all out side of N-air.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
obviously A button is better than c-stick, in aerials
Boy I love your logic on that one.

C-Sticking is what I generally do out of habit, it's much better to be able to weave your character in such a defensively based game. A button might be okay for Run-Off fairs, rising dairs, and if you're absolutely certain your next aerial isn't going to be dodged/shielded

That's all I can think of for now, but at COT I did hear Pierce rep using the A button, so I would appreciate it if he posted its uses

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I use c-stick for retreating fairs, all dairs (you may accidentally fastfall when you don't want to) and for bairs and uairs, I use whichever I feel like at the time.

The real question is, tap jump off, or on? I go off. I hate it when I jump instead of u-tilt, though I know most people probably don't have this problem.

Scott!

Smash Lord
For Marth, you're really best advised to have Tap Jump on so you can DS out of shield.

Also, This thread makes me kind of wish the C-Stick clicked in like the joysticks on PS controllers so I could Nair with C-Stick and never use the A button in the air ever again.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Setting X to special makes DS OoS possible from a claw grip even with tap jump off. I'm still working on it, but I have stopped mach tornados without tap jump, so it can work.

ps I wish there was a C button under the stick, too.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Personally, I use both: A for when I need to get a fair out immediately and the cstick in all other cases.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Tap jump on for me.

I usually use X or Y for short hop aerials and most full hops, but occasionally I use tap jump. And whenever I'm recovering, I always use tap jump.

I use c-stick for when I do retreating fairs, dairs, bairs, but I use A for uairs for all characters (c-sticking uairs feels very odd to me).

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
I use the C-stick, but I'm almost always fastfalling my dair and I've stopped using it offstage because I almost always SD. Would that be helped by using the A button or do I just have to learn to hold down the C-stick less?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
If you dair with the cstick it automatically fast falls. You can get around this with down a, but it takes some practice to get the touch down. It's pretty easy to just jump and cstick dair as you're rising from the jump, you wont SD that way though obviously it's better to be able to do it without jumping.

Top Bottom