• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Plus, I know a lot of players don't really think to chainsaw as scum. Look at J and Gheb, their first instinct is to bus their scum partners. Look at OS, he usually tries to set himself to die, but in exchange for leaving his scummates in a better position.
110% true.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't necessarily agree with it, no. Even in a vacuum. I pretty much feel the whole case is shoddy LOL.

Like, for example, he says I think reactionary play styles are scum tells, but they aren't actually indicative of alignment and I never pushed them as such. People can be nice but also be really shy, y'know? I don't know where he got this impression from that reactionary play style = scummy, especially because in the post he uses to extrapolate this information from, I was not actually pushing Joker as scum in that post. Joker was a claimed mason with Sneaky Tako at the time, a believable claim, so I had no reason to push him as scum.

Also, he says lackluster contribution is something I feel is a scum tell, but that's also not true per se. Posting FLUFF is bad because you're not actually contributing while you're posting, but Riddle was actually not being lackluster in his contributions after his third post (he was no longer posting fluff.) I feel that BSP was incorrectly using my previously used logic w.r.t. other slots on Riddle to try and label Riddle as scum from my point of view. If you look through BSP's assessment of Riddle's posts, there are a lot of posts that BSP assesses to be "non-scum hunting" and "lackluster" and "reactionary", but his assessments are not actually true on any account from my point of view.

BSP also doesn't realize that "reads" don't necessarily mean saying someone's "town" or someone's "scum," so he's inadvertently leaving out a ton of information without realizing it by saying Riddle did not out a lot of reads (see my analysis).

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bardull his contributions were fluff until he needed to get involved, like when a lynch was settled.

I even pointed out how he was wishy washy and actively avoided voting 194 but still kept him at arms length.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Can you explain to me how this was wishy washy/fluff?

What are you even talking about?
Lol. HAHA. This was definitely warranted.

Vote: Vinyl.

I'm not liking either Vinyl or 194 right now. A lot of fluff, almost no useful information, and they both seem quite opportunistic as far as their reads go. I'd like to see a lot more content from both of them, and less complaints about how "out of it" they are.

Vinyl's discussion of BSP in particular doesn't sit particularly well with me, which is why I chose to vote him, but I would be fine with lynching either of them. They'd make good vigilante targets too (*cough*BarDulL*cough*).
This is Riddle's first real push in the game, and it's on Vinyl. At this point, his push is definitely warranted. I don't necessarily like the door he's leaving himself open to go right towards a 194 lynch if need be, however I don't have much reason to suspect him for this because truthfully, Vinyl and 194 really are in similar boats in terms of what they've done so far. Vinyl's pushing of BSP scum on an empty premise is bad, and it looks blatantly obvious that Vinyl is sheeping my reads. 194 has also been pretty bad as well in that he hasn't accomplished much in terms of scum hunting/questioning. Heck, 194 hasn't really done much at all in terms of activity, so the pressuring of the 194 slot is warranted. Pro-town on Riddle's behalf.

I feel like almost everything I've seen from you has been interactions regarding your masonry. Reads on a bunch of other players would be awesome.
Eh, this is ok. Even though PJB/Tako are clear, this is still information that Town can use. I'm ok with it.

We have a couple more days for discussion, but barring anything completely unexpected, I'm down with this course of action.
Setting himself up to go for 194, but there's nothing wrong with this because 194 is looking to be the lynch candidate and he has provided Town enough reasoning to lynch him.

I don't need a full list, but if that's the only time you give out town reads, then yeah do that.
"Eh, this is ok. Even though PJB/Tako are clear, this is still information that Town can use. I'm ok with it."

You are correct. You will have a hard time finding any accurate meta on me until I flip in Hunter x Hunter.

I don't want to wait until the deadline or anything like that, but I would certainly like to wait until people like Red Ryu/Toaster give us content/reads before going into Night.
This is the pro-town thing to do. More information before a lynch is always helpful and within Town's interests. Pro-town.

With BarDulL, Rake, Joker, BSP, and Kantrip already voting 194 and 7 needed to lynch, I believe 194 is actually at L-2.
Whatevz.

194's whole catch-up post was pretty terrible, but this in particular irritates me to end. Too-townie/too pro-town isn't a scumtell and it never will be, this really just strikes me as an OMGUS by pressured scum on a player that has played a very pro-town game. I'm going to switch my vote to 194 as soon as I make sure that it's not a hammer.

194 should claim.
Legitimate stance on 194's slot.

Unvote, Vote: 194

That's L-1
This switch is legit. 194 is definitely the play and Riddle has every reason to aim for 194 at this point.

I appreciate the caution, but you're over-thinking it. I just want to leave my vote on 194 before I go to sleep and I trust that town won't hammer until all of the loose ends are tied up.
This is fine.

Then 194 flips scum, and Riddle looks like pretty solid Town from that point forward considering his disconnections/pushing of the 194 slot.[/QUOTE]

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There is no direct stance nor active pressure until 194 got noticed, and even then decided to vote Vinyl over him while making no stance on 194 but still keeping him at arms length.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
First off, you didn't say what was fluffy in those posts.

Secondly, you didn't explain how he was being wishy washy. There definitely was a direct stance being made, he thought 194/Vinyl were scum. That is a stance. He did not actively pressure them until 194 got noticed, but how is this indicative of scummy behavior? He decided to vote for Vinyl, but why is he in the wrong for voting Vinyl over 194? Is it wrong for him to keep 194 at arm's length when he feels both are likely to be scum?

Top Bottom