• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bunch of AndyG videos 10/30 *more added today*

Rocann

Smash Lord
Apologies for audio being ahead of video.

AndyG (Olimar) vs. ChiboSempai (R.O.B.)

AndyG (Olimar) vs. Wind Owl (Marth)

AndyG (Toon Link) vs. ChiboSempai (Mario)

AndyG (Samus) vs. ChiboSempai (R.O.B.)

AndyG (Sheik) vs. Rogue Pit (Marth)

AndyG (Olimar) vs. Rogue Pit (Pit)

AndyG (Olimar) vs. Rogue Pit (Pit) 2

AndyG (Olimar) vs. Ussi TWO Matches in One!

More as Olimar are on the way. I am going to try to get more videos vs the R.O.B. and Pit in the future (this weekend?) I'm just uploading every match I recorded playing that day.

I need help vs Pit. That R.O.B. player and the Pit player are 50-50 in their matches. There's no way I should be coming close to getting beaten >_> They're both good players, though; they won doubles vs. Ryoko and Velocity at the last tourney.

Awex

Smash Lord
Change things up more.

You were getting edgeguarded real bad by that Pit, and you had some options. If he's expecting you to use the hop of your up b to go onto the stage and ledgehop bairs, you should just keep your DI so that you fall in front of the ledge. If he ledgehops as planned, you have a ledge now. If he doesn't, fair him.

This guy knows what's up.

Otherwise, good stuff. Way to **** that ROB lawl.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
Something I noticed with that Pit player, he became accustomed to your "down throw -> up smash" chase that you are fond of. He would dodge or shield immediately after being thrown, and then punishing in your lag. My advice would be to work on a few other options besides that or the fair, or at least mess with your upsmash timing a bit, maybe a nair instead to punish an airdodge (multihit would last longer than his dodge, not much but its something). He'd also punish your tendency to roll behind him when close and then downsmash. Try incorporating something like this, running rather than rolling, becuase from there my personal favorite is Olimar's overpowered pivot grab (its really THAT good :) ) Obviously I'm not saying don't roll or block if he's gonna hit you, but use a retreat with more options. Just my thoughts. Very nice against that ROB and Marth though, ouch. lol.

shanus

Smash Hero
when you get close to a pit he doesn't have many options, and generally tries to read a roll in with a fsmash, utilt or dsmash. Punish these (especially when he is at a high percent) with a whistle upsmash. It works like a charm on most of the Pits I've faced. Enjoyed the vids though, your non-campy olimar isn't boring to watch like most are

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol i got ***** in olimar v rob

and i got even more ***** in mario v toon link. [suicide threw me off of the match johns] lol. i havnt learned for to deal with heavy projectile users yet with my mario (that iv been practicing for one day :) )

Fino

Smash Master
In the first pit video, you know you can uair through that part of the stage (3:29) right?
Can't critique right now, do later.

~Fino

EDIT: don't forget to dodge pits arrows
(I only looked at the pit vid because of all the comments XD)

Rocann

Smash Lord
In the first pit video, you know you can uair through that part of the stage (3:29) right?
Can't critique right now, do later.

~Fino

EDIT: don't forget to dodge pits arrows
(I only looked at the pit vid because of all the comments XD)
yes, I know you can. I was actually joking at that point, I turned to chibo and I was like "hey look I'm planking with olimar." Besides you can't uair *that* far in and if I actually tried I would've gotten punished like I did for fooling around

Fino

Smash Master
yes, I know you can. I was actually joking at that point, I turned to chibo and I was like "hey look I'm planking with olimar." Besides you can't uair *that* far in and if I actually tried I would've gotten punished like I did for fooling around
I thought you were... I mean, you played me better than that online. lol.
Anyways, I thought that you would uair through the majority of that lip on FD... could be mistaken.

~Fino

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Nice matches. Let's see...Ok, the only things I saw was that:
When edgehogging, marth in particular, you would just jump off and grab the edge, only to roll onto the stage when he recovered. Instead of doing that, jump off and tether onto the edge, and wait you think he's going to use his up-b, then grab the edge from there.

Also, chibo, when fighting oli w/ rob, neutral a, f-tilt, and I think dash attack all beat oli's grab, and they might hit away f-smashes, but I can't remember if that's true or not. But definitely w/ the grab. They are also so fast, it's pretty hard to punish them, and I think neutral a combos into dash attack too.

Rocann

Smash Lord
Nice matches. Let's see...Ok, the only things I saw was that:
When edgehogging, marth in particular, you would just jump off and grab the edge, only to roll onto the stage when he recovered. Instead of doing that, jump off and tether onto the edge, and wait you think he's going to use his up-b, then grab the edge from there.
I do that almost every time. I'm not sure why I didn't do it that once on the Marth fight. It's useless versus R.O.B. and Pit.

Rocann

Smash Lord
AndyG what about my matches with you :(....
Two of them are going up, because they're in one big video I recorded at once that for some reason actually has decent quality and sound matching video. Plus they're after you pissed me off by talking so much, so I played far more seriously >_> no offense. I had I think 4 more videos of me vs. your Ike. Do you have an email? I'll give you that one beginning part for a signature if you still want it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yes I want that beginning, heck i want the whole match ;o I'll PM you my email.

I only remember 4 matches you recorded of mine o_O the first match, the set, and then the one where you owned me in castle siege.

Fino

Smash Master
Oh, andy.... just a tip. Air dodging does nothing when you're trying to recover.
I'll assume you know di already and just skip to regaining your aerial momentum. Basically, you want to FF your fastest aerial (u/fair). This will let you live a lot longer (if you add good DI on top of it).
Just something I noticed ;)

~Fino

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Hey Andy :) Good matchs. But like i said before, Powershield every arrow that comes your way than i have to approach. When i approach Im limited with your shielding and extensive grab range. Also don't roll or air dodge much :). Now Im gonna upload these matchs to my AIB :)

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I do that almost every time. I'm not sure why I didn't do it that once on the Marth fight. It's useless versus R.O.B. and Pit.
Alright, my bad. I only said that because that was the only time where you were edgehogging. I didn't know if you did it or not, so I was just sayin. And yea, it is useless against those two, but it isn't on other characters, and I wasn't referencing those specific matches when I said "when edgehogging".

Rocann

Smash Lord
Alright, my bad. I only said that because that was the only time where you were edgehogging. I didn't know if you did it or not, so I was just sayin. And yea, it is useless against those two, but it isn't on other characters, and I wasn't referencing those specific matches when I said "when edgehogging".
No, it's cool. It was just like when I read that, it actually surprised me because 9 times out of 10 I do. So I had to look back through there and find it >_> thanks though, I'll make sure to 10 out of 10 times.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Just watched the most recent matches. I rofled at the last kill against ike lul. Too good. Btw, you put up the match vs dk twice, instead of the match vs genesis I guess.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Your taunting needs serious work ;)...lols..

Wow, was I impressed :D...especially by you against rogue...great matches. I would say tho you get locked into a move sometimes...upsmash when they are on platform, fsmash when they are recovering...stuff like that. Other than that...learn to hug :D

Man tho to be honest...my opinion on these in 5 words...Andy G for top tier ;)

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Ahh, skor and I go waaaaaaay back (or atleast as far as you can go over a video game). I want to play him offline badly, but he lives too far and I can't drive :(. Atleast as far as online goes, we used to play all the time, and I still have trouble beating him >.<

Rogue Pit for #1 Pit on the East Coast

Rocann

Smash Lord
Ahh, skor and I go waaaaaaay back (or atleast as far as you can go over a video game). I want to play him offline badly, but he lives too far and I can't drive :(. Atleast as far as online goes, we used to play all the time, and I still have trouble beating him >.<

I usually split games with him. And no matter who wins, it's really close. The day I recorded, he beat me both games we played Oli vs. Pit. I think maybe I'm going to try Toon Link next time. He's the first real Pit I've played; it's such a weird matchup.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I usually split games with him. And no matter who wins, it's really close. The day I recorded, he beat me both games we played Oli vs. Pit. I think maybe I'm going to try Toon Link next time. He's the first real Pit I've played; it's such a weird matchup.
I totally agree its a weird matchup. On paper Olimar has the advantage, but when you actually play, things can go either way. Yet of course, z button wins this matchup too easily, unless your Rogue Pit whos played me too much, predicts whenever I grab since hes played me too many times and then punishes :(

Seriously though, I need to play him offline, It'd be an interesting game.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord

Thanks Brad :) You make me feel so special :') And if you go to a big tourney I'll try to meet you there. Wouldn't be hard you live in NY, i live in PA. Also just so you know, timing for wifi and offline is a really big difference.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Sorry to tell you dude, but i was sandbagging almost every single one of those matchs. It's no point to go my best when there's nothing at stake. I basically ran into most of that stuff and was kinda bored. At tourney i wouldn't lose to your ike sorry, and notice i started laughing and stuff when i chose random instead of pit.

Also that's why i kinda quit brawl and wanted to play melee, than played brawl when more people came. Than i played Pit because first impressions mean a lot than used random. But your still a good ike :) just Pit has a mirror shield.

Rocann

Smash Lord
Can you put the match I won up D: you put embarassing stuff for me.
Like I said, I only put up the ones where I was playing seriously. That excludes I think 2 with Genesis and like 4 with you, which are way worse than the ones I put up, one of which you aren't even playing with your main :-/ so you shouldn't be embarassed

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@ Andy~_~ You act as if I was completely serious in the matches you did put up.

@ RougePit Yea yea I see your point xD Just wait till we meet in tourney then! (or a money match loL..)

geekd

Smash Apprentice
you play a mean olimar
very quick and aggressive; fun to watch/play
this works well against some characters and crappy against others

if you work on varying your playstyle a bit i think it would really go a long way (try throwing in the occasional tilt, changeup your dthrown options, offensive WAC, camp a bit, etc...)

no pivot grabs?!?

Rocann

Smash Lord
I'm still nervous offline <_< I pivotgrab a lot. I'm gonna start working it on offline. I don't normally WAC, but I do do a lot more dthrow stuff. Camping I only do in tourney and tilts imo are dumb. read my guide for my opinion on them.

Rocann

Smash Lord
ftilt is completely ********. utilt has some uses which I outline. dtilt I have used like once. they're meh and i'd much rather be spacing and screwing people up with smashes from forever away than up in their face lolz I stopped your nado with a dtilt.

Top Bottom